ADVERTISEMENT

Closing out games

tomrain

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 18, 2004
I swear, I almost fell out of my chair from laughing last night when the announcer said, "Cal said the Kansas game was on him because he hadnt shown the team how to close out games." But when Camp Cal starts he will take care of that! Did anyone else catch that? Is he possibly bringing in a consultant to teach this to them, since in the time he has been here he obviously has proven that he has no clue himself. Maybe he should show them how to make free throws to close out games, and make substitutions that actually make sense. When he knew it was a fouling situation last night, why didnt he draw up a play for Reed to be the one getting fouled? I would be my next paycheck he wouldve went up there and knocked them both down. Obviously Wagner was going to be the one and he is shooting around 50% on the season I thought they said last night? Some of the BS he comes up with is just comical.

Last edited:
Cal's methods for closing out games are the exact reasons we don't close out most close games these days. Slowing the game down, failing to execute on critical out of bounds plays, and enabling low percentage shots late in the shot clock are all symptoms of Cal's methodical endgame approach. Let them play up tempo, Cal. Use our strengths to our advantage! Don't slow the game down- where you're playing to the other team's advantage! Unbelievable. Slowing the game down late cost him one Natty and nearly cost him another. You'd think he'd learn.

Reed throwing not one but TWO home run balls last night was very encouraging, actually. It shows that Cal might have a light on upstairs after all.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT