ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #55: WrestlingThreadMania

A couple of options.

1. Finn Balor
2. Sting

Also, BCF and TCPUKChamps, feel free to put me on ignore. I'll do my best to cope without you guys.

All indications have been they are keeping Finn at NXT to be the face of the brand.

Sting is coming off of major neck surgery

Have to admit that I wasn't looking forward to WM this year, but this has me a bit more interested.

I can see Corbin being the guy. Joe...just don't know how you build to it.

I don't either but much of what the WWE has been doing hasn't made much sense lately.

Also are those injured not considered on the roster currently? If not, it could be someone like Orton though I admittedly don't know when the injured guys are supposed to be back

Look LD is reading a book with heisman. They look cute together
Why do you come into the thread just to shit on it ? If you have nothing to add of substance (which you do not), please just lurk. Obviously you are not really wanted. Please stop, some of us like reading this thread and every now and again adding something, which you do neither.

Why do you come into the thread just to shit on it ? If you have nothing to add of substance (which you do not), please just lurk. Obviously you are not really wanted. Please stop, some of us like reading this thread and every now and again adding something, which you do neither.

He's been doing this for *years*. At least he's not posting wrestling fan fiction about other posters anymore.

So Undertakers opponent from WM is someone that is NOT currently on the roster??? Who the heck is it?!

Another option, given his recent comments saying he thought he had one more match in him, is Goldberg.

Could Stone Cold be an option? There has been speculation that with this WM in Dallas, SCSA had one more match in him as well.

Another option, given his recent comments saying he thought he had one more match in him, is Goldberg.

Could Stone Cold be an option? There has been speculation that with this WM in Dallas, SCSA had one more match in him as well.

If Austin comes back it won't be against a guy like Taker. Austin did say on the Ross Report last month that there's some plans for him at Mania but wouldn't go into it. If I'm a betting man. I'd say he's going to be in the main event as the referee or in Reigns' corner in some capacity.

I still think it should be Finn Balor if Sting is indeed still injured. Would be pretty cool though if it was him as he's going into the HOF the night before.

Sting would have been a possible option but his run was a joke and his injury was too much.

On SCSA, I can't see him do anything except come in after when things are crazy and Reigns wins against the wishes of the authority and stuns everyone and tosses some beers around for the crowd to pop like crazy and forget how bad WM was.

Why in the hell did Taker lose to Brock?

Reactions: JustinSphere
I thought it was going to be Cena....

Joe and Taker would be interesting to me, not sure what everyone else would think

All I said was one who I respect Kmac dvd guy and the other a book guy. That is it, to me it feels like amazon at times.

So run along now because you just added to nothing but to get a dig.

I would think that for it to be a surprise opponent it would have to be someone he has had a history with. ROCK, Angle, SCSA, those are the only names I can think of.
If it's going to be somebody fresh, how are they going to build to it? How would you build to it?

for all you young whipper snappers:....

used to watch this music video on MTV all the time back in the day when it first game out. When Punk FINALLY got to use it as his entrance music in WWE I flipped my shit.

That was the best return of a wrestler I can ever remember. I mean to come back is one thing, but to change your entrance too. The crowds reaction when the music hit was like WTF.

It's not somebody on the active roster or injured roster. That means it's not Cena or Sting.

I would put my money on Kurt freakin Angle! I would love to hear that theme and see him in the WWE for one more match.

I am not sure how to respond to the last couple of pages so I won't, but I will say this..if you have time I would highly recommend the Austin Pod Cast
with the Big Show. Wasn't expecting much and it turned out to be one of the best ones they have done.

I loved that moment, but I still wish they had dragged out that angle for a bit longer before bringing Punk back. Imagine if during the period when he was showing up at Comic Con to heckle Hunter he'd also turned up at an ROH show or something with the belt, claiming to be the real WWE champion?

yeah the angle got messy quickly. Had to have a 'title vs title' match at Summerslam the very next PPV. And then Nash got shoehorned into the angle, because HHH. And then the title bounced around with Alberto & Cena & Punk for a few months. And then Punk as champ was overshadowed building up Cena-Rock WM.

still, the few weeks of his pipe bomb takes, promoting his contract running out, & winning it at the PPV were a special time in a mostly dark era

Going to make a couple complete out in leftfield stabs at Takers opponent.

1. CM Punk
2. Kane I think this one would blow the roof of the place. (actually probably the best opponent)
3. Mick Foley (not likely, really long shot.)

I am not sure how to respond to the last couple of pages so I won't, but I will say this..if you have time I would highly recommend the Austin Pod Cast
with the Big Show. Wasn't expecting much and it turned out to be one of the best ones they have done.

I've been looking forward to it. I will have to check it out this weekend. Big Show is one of those guys that I love listening to outside of the ring.

Going to make a couple complete out in leftfield stabs at Takers opponent.

1. CM Punk
2. Kane I think this one would blow the roof of the place. (actually probably the best opponent)
3. Mick Foley (not likely, really long shot.)

You can forget Kane, the wrestler can't be on the current active or inactive roster.

Punk is supposed to be having surgery on his back or something like that. I would be all for it though.
Mick and Taker have had some awesome matches.

I thought Kane was a "wrestler" no more after his last lose. I mean he was "The Authority" more of a executive figure than roster member. So that could be the swerve they try to use.

I thought Kane was a "wrestler" no more after his last lose. I mean he was "The Authority" more of a executive figure than roster member. So that could be the swerve they try to use.

I guess that's possible, but that would be a huge letdown with the news that came out a day or two ago. I mean get everyone thinking it's going to be someone outside WWE and it turns out to be Kane...that would be a lot of pissed of people. lol

Exactly why its possible, so people will be pissed off. When was the last time WWE took fans opinion into account ?

Well considering what else the could possibly come up with, old run down past his time brother v/s old run down past his prime brother with the jealous of the others career and fight to end it for both, could actually be interesting if done right, which it wouldn't be. A family fued would be a pretty damn good storyline. A lot better than a broken neck , broke down former Olympian wayyyy past his prime would be.

How do I explain this.....it's not that Kane vs Taker would be horrible, but when you have read that it's someone outside the WWE you get your hopes up. With that said and Takers age, you would have to think he would work with someone he is familiar with from a safety standpoint and I'm sure he isn't doing much coaching them up in the ring for the young guys anymore. It would have to be someone he and they feel confident could dance together and put on a good show. With that said, two guys stand out. Angle and Foley. I'm not saying it will be either of them, but they are just as likely as anyone else. I want Angle just for the simple fact that I want to see him in his WWE gear and hear/see that entrance again, that's all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT