ADVERTISEMENT

Carlton Bragg suffers broken nose. Bill Self says it's not an injury.

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
Really not much of a story. But, it does bring to mind why do some of these recruits choose to go there when offered by Cal and Kentucky. I don't even begin to see the comparison of Cal and Self. You can debate about the history of both programs, but Cal > Self and I don't think that is debatable.

Reactions: flash123
When you tell yourself lies about what KU is and can do for players I guess you're always going to be shocked when players choose to go there.

KU fans also think Big 12 titles are better than National Championships, so...it's a KU thing.

Kiimo the spin-machine! I wonder if Brady Morningstar's drunk driving had something to do with this...

Just because one idiot said that once doesn't mean we actually believe that, just like I don't think UK fans honestly believe that you're going undefeated this upcoming season despite reading that from one person here.

It's just your overall nature. Spin topics, change subjects, feel the need to police the few dumb (and usually in your own opinion) fans we may have. It's been like day 561, and you've yet to bring a single thing to the table on a Kentucky forum. It's constantly going after other posters who merely mention Kansas.

LSC I try to have conversations on here about normal topics but the same five dudes show up and talk about Helms banners, head-to-head records and NBA performance. I'm not the one changing subjects.

The day you actively start talking about debating Kentucky basketball with other posters, and not just your constant negative takes, I'll leave you be. You're either pumping rainbows into your own shitty program or trying to tear down ours. 100% of the time.

Lmfao. Absolute BS, you scour the pages for for mentions of Kansas. you're neither on the Paddock, nor are you in general Kentucky posts unless it's for negatively talking about our program. I'm not even talk about congratulating us on wins or recruits. I would never expect a rival to do that. But atleast engage in Kentucky discussions on a Kentucky forum..

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
When some of our posters get a bit too excited about a player or expectations, you're generally there to correct them. That's the only time you ever speak of Kentucky. And certainly more than 5 people here know it.

Ha buddy I don't negatively talk about your program, I have the upmost respect for the UK program, Cal and the success he's had at Kentucky. I negatively talk about the select few idiot fans who lie to themselves like you're doing right now. I also come in here after crushing defeats to your program which is not easy by the way.

Reactions: jarms24
I think Kansas is a great program. IMO, Self is a better overall basketball coach than Calipari. However, there is no questioning the history both have with recruits. I mean, outside of Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid, who didn't make it past the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament, the lack of improvement in stock or even plummeting stock of high-profile KU recruits is staggering.

I mean, name another program who has gotten TWO consensus top 5 recruits, have both of them actually leave after a year, and both not get picked in the top 45 of the NBA Draft (Cliff Alexander undrafted, Josh Selby 49th pick). I mean I get it if your Wayne Selden, Perry Ellis, etc...and just overrated, but think to be OAD and leave and still go nowhere?

Well that's the thing, isn't it? You can just say "Josh Selby and Cliff Alexander" and think Oh KU doesn't know how to treat top talent. But that's ignoring what actually happened with those two players. I won't go into it again because it will just get ignored and I'm wasting my time. But those two players played partial seasons and their problems were far, far greater than anything to do with what happened at KU in 8 months.

Ah. Ole Carlton will be alright. He'll be fine and underperform just enough to get drafted way lower than if he had chosen UK. Ah good ole KU. Where 5star talents go to drastically underachieve. ROCK CHALK GAYHWAK!!!!

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
...and name a single player like that who had any similar issues under Calipari? Heck, he's backed off and flat out avoided "troubled" guys like that, and at the same time KU fans trumpeted BOTH of those as big recruiting victories over UK! When it turns out sour, it was all outside problems bigger than KU?

...and believe me, I'm sure it WAS. Both of those guys are jackasses. Neither will amount to anything. You just can't have it both ways.

I think Kansas is a great program. IMO, Self has better hair plugs overall than Calipari. However, there is no questioning the history both have with recruits. I mean, outside of Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid, who didn't make it past the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament, the lack of improvement in stock or even plummeting stock of high-profile KU recruits is staggering.

I mean, name another program who has gotten TWO consensus top 5 recruits, have both of them actually leave after a year, and both not get picked in the top 45 of the NBA Draft (Cliff Alexander undrafted, Josh Selby 49th pick). I mean I get it if your Wayne Selden, Perry Ellis, etc...and just overrated, but think to be OAD and leave and still go nowhere?

:confused:

I fixed that for ya.

Umm.....a better coach than Cal? I guess except for the fact that Cal is way better, in nearly every aspect, and owns him like a cheap whore....

yea except for that, you're probably right. Geez, I'm not even a pumper.

Just because one idiot said that once doesn't mean we actually believe that, just like I don't think UK fans honestly believe that you're going undefeated this upcoming season despite reading that from one person here.

Except, you know, it was a newspaper article and I saw several KU fans share the same opinion.

Wait a second, are we really debating Cal vs Self right now? :joy:

1. They should only be judged from the point where BOTH are are their top tier schools. Which I guess is kind of unfair, seeing as how Kansas/Self got their title 2 years prior.
2. Even if we include Kansas' title, Cal's 3rd title appearance, and his two years at crappy Memphis. It still doesn't matter. Point. Blank. Period.

Wait a second, are we really debating Cal vs Self right now? :joy:

1. They should only be judged from the point where BOTH are are their top tier schools. Which I guess is kind of unfair, seeing as how Kansas/Self got their title 2 years prior.
2. Even if we include Kansas' title, Cal's 3rd title appearance, and his two years at crappy Memphis. It still doesn't matter. Point. Blank. Period.

Cal is fore sure a better coach than Self. X's and O's eh? who cares. The point is the ending, and our endings are better. It's really that simple.

I hate it when coaches like Cal aren't given credit for actually attempting the NBA. Self has never and will never coach in the NBA more than likely. When Bill Self can make final fours at Umass and then go pro, only to come back and land at Memphis and win big there, then finally get to a blue blood where he wins bigger than he could ever imagine for himself, then we can say Self is better. Self isn't anywhere near Cal. X's and O's, Jimmy's and Joe's, b*&&^$s and H*^%. I don't care.

Level 1. Cal and K
Level 2. Self

It's a fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: LineSkiCat
Uh yeah I'm spinning breaking a nose.

images

No Kentucky fan would swap coaches. No Kansas fan would admit to wanting top swap coaches.

As a Kentucky fan, and being 100% honest, I'd MAYBE swap with Coach K if I knew that a. he'd be around for 10 years and b. we would get the same treatment he gets with the NCAA/Officials while at Duke. That said, while we all agree that "Duke is so Coach K", the same is true for Coach K being all Duke. I'm not sure how he would fair at other programs, with location, fanbase, etc. I think he struggles, at this age, anywhere else in the league, just for familiarity alone.

Reactions: .S&C.
No Kentucky fan would swap coaches. No Kansas fan would admit to wanting top swap coaches.

As a Kentucky fan, and being 100% honest, I'd MAYBE swap with Coach K if I knew that a. he'd be around for 10 years and b. we would get the same treatment he gets with the NCAA/Officials while at Duke. That said, while we all agree that "Duke is so Coach K", the same is true for Coach K being all Duke. I'm not sure how he would fair at other programs, with location, fanbase, etc. I think he struggles, at this age, anywhere else in the league, just for familiarity alone.

I agree I'd swap with Duke if I knew coach K would be around for at least 7 years, especially given the NCAA cushion. Kentucky would have 15 championships right now with Dukes roads and leeway. But given that aint heppenin, I wouldn't switch. There's not a single coach in America I'd actually cast a vote for switching for. Bill Self? LOL. Wouldn't even come on the radar in that conversation.

Kansas fans would collectively crap all over themselves if Cal left for the NBA and returned to coach Kansas in 2 years. If open, Kansas would throw hella money at Cal and everyone in their overrated fan base knows it. Most Kansas fans would do an even swap if it could happen without anyone knowing they wanted it. Just snap your fingers and it's done type deal? Yes, they would.

When you tell yourself lies about what KU is and can do for players I guess you're always going to be shocked when players choose to go there.

I'm not one of those posters who's on some denial about Kansas being a legit blue blood, major program with a top coach. That's being said, Kansas/Self have had more than a few early exits/NBA stock crash and burns, and as such, I'm mildly surprised they've continued to thrive in recruiting. Self's system does not highlight freshman talent well at all. He hasn't figured out the one and done to it's fullest extent like Cal has and K has begun to do.

Self is right,just a broken nose,now if some hair had been pulled out or fell out on it's own then it would a serious issue and probably need a full scale coverup.

Reactions: Mike-D
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT