ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone elaborate?

OHIO COLONEL

All-American
Feb 11, 2009
Didn't want to hijack a thread...but @Kantucke mentioned a little while ago in another thread...
...Craft who had been pushed out by Calipari is suddenly very much in the drivers seat again. I don't really know what actually went wrong between them but obviously there's a lot of bad blood between them now.

Anyone have the story?

Reactions: Girthang and blubo
Didn't want to hijack a thread...but @Kantucke mentioned a little while ago in another thread...

Anyone have the story?
Allegedly, Craft wanted to use Tshiebwe as a political pawn during the failed governor race. Cal told her to hit the road to protect Oscar, so the Crafts had a tantrum and didn't let Cal play with any of their toys anymore.

That's a gross oversimplification that might not even be true, but there ya go.

Allegedly, Craft wanted to use Tshiebwe as a political pawn during the failed governor race. Cal told her to hit the road to protect Oscar, so the Crafts had a tantrum and didn't let Cal play with any of their toys anymore.

Cal didn’t like the idea of them offering someone who would never excel at the NBA more money then he would ever see in his life, they were giving him 15 million (sources) and then cal stepped in and got his guy screwed out of generational money.

If true, I'd have to side with Cal on that one.

Are Cal and Crafts different political parties. I would guess Cal is democrat

If true, I'd have to side with Cal on that one.
Yep. If we get Hurley and if we have Craft back in the driver's seat, so-to-speak (assuming the story is true), it'll be interesting to see if they sour on Hurley's no BS attitude. Or if Hurley would even be willing to put up with that.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL

Anyone have the story?
The Crafts are not the only big money donors Cal pissed off, and Cal screwed his own players when it comes to NIL. My guess between Cal and his assistants not a one of them is very organized.

Cal got his panties in a bunch knowing one of his players would make double what he did, tried to use the political aspect of it to attack the crafts. Now the crafts are here offering millions to keep the program going and cal left us for Arkansas. Let’s keep defending cal
Cal made it a point to get his players drafted as high as possible. Wall's rookie contract was $24mil. He was pretty clearly in it to have his guys make money, IMO. Not saying you're wrong, btw.

I'm just tossing out the story as I understand it from sources close to UK.

Cal made it a point to get his players drafted as high as possible. He was pretty clearly in it to have his guys make money, IMO. Not saying you're wrong, btw.

I'm just tossing out the story as I understand it from sources close to UK.
A player getting 15 million and being involved in politics doesn’t help cals resume. Why would he want to help facilitate something where he has no gain, clearly he wasn’t interested.

A player getting 15 million and being involved in politics doesn’t help cals resume.
On the contrary, I'd argue that it would've shown that Cal understood NIL and meditated an insane deal to benefit his player. With how important NIL is now, that would've paid dividends when it came to prospective schools. Plus, depending on who you ask, Cal intended to retire at UK. Not sure he would've needed any more padding for his resume.
Why would he want to help facilitate something where he has no gain, clearly he wasn’t interested.
What he had to gain was not getting on the Crafts' bad side. He had to have known that keeping them away from Oscar would basically be career s-cide.

Edit: payed? 🤢

On the contrary, I'd argue that it would've shown that Cal understood and meditated an insane NIL deal to benefit his player. With how important NIL is now, that would've payed dividends when it came to prospective schools. Plus, depending on who you ask, Cal intended to retire at UK. Not sure he would've needed any more padding for his resume.

What he had to gain was not getting on the Crafts' bad side. He had to have known that keeping them away from Oscar would basically be career s-cide.
Fully agree. But considering he thought he didn’t need to change his ways based on recent results shows he’s not a very intelligent human being. Trying to apply a thought pattern to a man incapable is hard to do.

If that is what happened, mercy sakes how weirder can this get?

So Rep asked a Dem for political favor. Hahaha. No wonder that didnt go well.
And, are you really a pawn if you’re getting paid for your endorsement?
I don't think she asked Cal. I think she tried to go to Oscar directly and Cal shut it down. I don't think politics really had any part in it. I think Cal would have shut down if Andy Beshear had asked as well.

Why is a certain poster quoting himself in this thread ? LOL, takes "talking to myself" to a totally different level.

I don't think she asked Cal. I think she tried to go to Oscar directly and Cal shut it down. I don't think politics really had any part in it. I think Cal would have shut down if Andy Beshear had asked as well.
As he should. Our players should not be involved in politics for ANY side. Period. All it does is cause division within our fanbase.

Anyone have the story?
Just like with a lot of fans , there wasn’t just one single thing to cause the Crafts to sour on Cal . I heard they were pretty upset with the kneeling for the national anthem thing along with some other things . They were distancing themselves from Cal before Oscar even set foot on campus. By all accounts the Crafts LOVE Mitch Barnhart. Anyone remotely close to the program knows how much Mitch and Cal detested each other. The Crafts are Mitch Barnhart people.

As he should. Our players should not be involved in politics for ANY side. Period. All it does is cause division within our fanbase.
It’s a free country. If the fans don’t like a player for earning a living and changing his families life forever then they aren’t fans.

A player getting 15 million and being involved in politics doesn’t help cals resume. Why would he want to help facilitate something where he has no gain, clearly he wasn’t interested.
It always comes down to Cals bottom line. Does it cost HIM anything? No, then he's all for spending money on it. Does it get him more attention? Yes! Sounds good to Cal. Does it make him look better than everyone else? No. Wait a minute, now....

Matt has insinuated that politics was the root cause of the breakup between Cal and the Craft's. How bad of a candidate was she to finish 3rd in the primary with all the financial backing she had.
Should’ve been flying the voters families around on joy rides instead of pastor Scott’s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT