ADVERTISEMENT

Cals heartfelt apologies

I guess you have never dealt with a narcissist? He fooled you. Nothing is going to change. After 62 years I am done
Stop taking his post seriously. It was just a poor attempt at a joke.

Yeesh, the responses in this thread provide quite a gullibility display.

I do admit respecting Cal for his comments when he apologized explaining he was equally as sad as the rest of us, admitted mistakes on his coaching decisions. Recognizing he should have started and built Reed. Dillingham, and Reeves team work and confidence. He admitted to not knowing how to properly teach zone defense and pressing. He promised to hire an expert. He humblely asked for BBN support for another season and said he is going after the most elite portal transfers as well as getting commitments from the current players to stay who are eligible. He shared his goal is a college championship and the players would earn through positive representation of our program future NBA careers after graduation. There were more changes he promised. He concluded by saying he wants to rebuild his relationship with the fans.
Does he really believe any of this? I mean the draft is still coming...that is HIS day.

did he say his years of underperforming has finally become a problem? Is he going to return part of his salary?

Graduation?
Why would he need to rebuild his relationship with the fans?

This sounds more like the things abusive ppl say to keep a relationship in control.

It is all BS IMO. Not that it matters...

Edit ... well done, sir. Slow clap!!

Last edited:
200.webp

I do admit respecting Cal for his comments when he apologized explaining he was equally as sad as the rest of us, admitted mistakes on his coaching decisions. Recognizing he should have started and built Reed. Dillingham, and Reeves team work and confidence. He admitted to not knowing how to properly teach zone defense and pressing. He promised to hire an expert. He humblely asked for BBN support for another season and said he is going after the most elite portal transfers as well as getting commitments from the current players to stay who are eligible. He shared his goal is a college championship and the players would earn through positive representation of our program future NBA careers after graduation. There were more changes he promised. He concluded by saying he wants to rebuild his relationship with the fans.
Fans lying better than Cal.

At 9 million a year he's apologizing for not knowing how to teach zone defense and how to press?? Lord.

I guess you have never dealt with a narcissist? He fooled you. Nothing is going to change. After 62 years I am done
I am afraid the 'I am done' attitude will be the attitude of a majority of past UK Bball fans. I have been a loyal, loyal fan for about 75 years, went to UK, and had an Uncle who was team Doctor and Rupp's personal Doctor. I am losing my UK fan enthusiasm.

I am afraid the 'I am done' attitude will be the attitude of a majority of past UK Bball fans. I have been a loyal, loyal fan for about 75 years, went to UK, and had an Uncle who was team Doctor and Rupp's personal Doctor. I am losing my UK fan enthusiasm.
You are right on target. People like us that were around during Coach Rupp’s time and into Joe B’s time have a totally different perspective that have only known UK basketball under the current leadership. I know that it breaks your heart as it does mine to see what it has become. I never thought UK basketball would turn its back on me. I am not leaving Kentucky basketball, it left me.

I am forgetful these days from time to time and I have drawn a blank on your Uncle’s name. I can see his face in my memory and I know he was from far west Kentucky down in the Purchase.

Bless you sir.

You are right on target. People like us that were around during Coach Rupp’s time and into Joe B’s time have a totally different perspective that have only known UK basketball under the current leadership. I know that it breaks your heart as it does mine to see what it has become. I never thought UK basketball would turn its back on me. I am not leaving Kentucky basketball, it left me.

I am forgetful these days from time to time and I have drawn a blank on your Uncle’s name. I can see his face in my memory and I know he was from far west Kentucky down in the Purchase.

Bless you sir.
He was Dr. V.A. Jackson, from our home town of Clinton, Ky.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
After 9 years of BS, drama and pathetic performance ....talk is cheap. Actually sounds more like a snake oil salesman at this point in his tenure. Look we pay him $10 million per year....he should have made this commitment on day one and and lived up to it every year. Anything less is total disrespect for the UK program, tradition and fans.

Hello, I made this up as a joke because an arrogant Cal would never say these things. I never imagined anyone would think he'd admit mistakes or ask for forgiveness. I figured itc was obvious. Sorry

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT