ADVERTISEMENT

Calling this a year out

3 Good years in 7, when 3 of those years were also his first at each respective school is pretty damn phenomenal. Other than Hurley who isn't realistic, who has been more consistent lately?

If he beat the shit out of his fiance (not wife), you would really think the DA could come up with enough evidence to prosecute. Particularly in TX. Considering you all don't even know enough to know they weren't married, it tells me you all have no damn clue what you're talking about in regard to thay situation.

If you aren't impressed with Beard, you really must not like Oats much either.
Oats has done more than Beard. He's made it out of the 1st weekend more than 2x in his career. He also won tourney games while coaching Buffalo twice. Beard only made it further than Oats 2x if you just included Oats' time at Buffalo. Losing 12 games a year since Covid isn't impressive.

Oats is only getting better while Beard has done a whole lot of nothing since pre Covid.

People who defend wife beaters are weird. Do you think the lady fight clubbed herself?It's very obvious what happened there.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
I’m far from a ‘source’ but I do have common sense so here goes.
I saw MB speak at an event at Southeast Christian Church in Louisville several years ago. His whole message was about how he interviews job candidates and his expectations. He flat out said that he only hires people with dignity, high morals, and strong faith. I know he’s not popular and I don’t even care for him but his message was strong and I have to think Chris Beard would be eliminated before he even got an interview.
This is the same guy that hired Gillispie, right?

Oats has done more than Beard. He's made it out of the 1st weekend more than 2x in his career. He also won tourney games while coaching Buffalo twice. Beard only made it further than Oats 2x if you just included Oats' time at Buffalo. Losing 12 games a year since Covid isn't impressive.

Oats is only getting better while Beard has done a whole lot of nothing since pre Covid.

People who defend wife beaters are weird. Do you think the lady fight clubbed herself?It's very obvious what happened there.
Oats has also been coaching D1 longer. He's had more opportunities.

Beard has still been further in the tournament. So, he has accomplished more to this point. He took over a 1st year TX and Ole Miss teams in the post covid years. His team last year certainly wasn't on track for that many losses.

However, Oats just lost 11 this year, likely a 12th tonight. 14 losses 2 years ago. Then had 15 losses 4 years ago. Had the overall 1 seed last year and lost in the sw16. Yet, you think Oats has been doing good post covid? 🤣

Oats has also been coaching D1 longer. He's had more opportunities.

Beard has still been further in the tournament. So, he has accomplished more to this point. He took over a 1st year TX and Ole Miss teams in the post covid years. His team last year certainly wasn't on track for that many losses.

However, Oats just lost 11 this year, likely a 12th tonight. 14 losses 2 years ago. Then had 15 losses 4 years ago. Had the overall 1 seed last year and lost in the sw16. Yet, you think Oats has been doing good post covid? 🤣
He's made 2 sweet 16s and a final four at Bama. Beard couldn't do anything at TX and hasn't gotten out of the 2nd round since Covid.

Also, they've both been coaching D1 since 2015.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
He's made 2 sweet 16s and a final four at Bama. Beard couldn't do anything at TX and hasn't gotten out of the 2nd round since Covid.

Also, they've both been coaching D1 since 2015.
Beards TX team went to the E8, so I feel confident he would have done quite well with them.

And Oats still hasn't been as far at Beard has been. Nor will he have been after tonight. Oats has now been past the sw 16 once, Beard has been that far twice and to a title game. Let me know when Oats accomplishes that!

Correct, but they haven't each had 9 full seasons, have they? If you're not counting TX record or E8 from last year, you don't get to say he coached the year whole year.

How do you know which time she lied. You pick the 2nd time because it fits your agenda. How do you know she didn’t lie the first time to royally screw him? And you can shove that bottom feeder shit up your ass. I never lobbied for him to be a coach here but I have said if you don’t know shit about him don’t judge. Thankfully for most of us and the legal system preponderance of evidence isn’t enough for a conviction.

Either he beat her and she lied to cover it up or she lied the first time and he has since stayed with her, which is also a massive display of bad judgement.

By the way, this is not his wife. He got divorced in 2016. This is his new fiancé/girlfriend, although I think he’s now broken up with her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skyguyb27
No chance. But I look forward to you reviving this thread to remind us you were wrong.

Beards TX team went to the E8, so I feel confident he would have done quite well with them.

And Oats still hasn't been as far at Beard has been. Nor will he have been after tonight. Oats has now been past the sw 16 once, Beard has been that far twice and to a title game. Let me know when Oats accomplishes that!

Correct, but they haven't each had 9 full seasons, have they? If you're not counting TX record or E8 from last year, you don't get to say he coached the year whole year.
That wasn't Beard's team, it was Terry's. It could have been Beard's had he not beat his wife. Also, why hasn't Beard coached as many years since 2015? The only reason Beard has coached less is because he's a giant piece of shit who has under performed since Covid. Sorry, but beating your wife and missing seasons makes you a worse option as a coach than someone who doesn't beat the shit out of their wife.

Do you consider Kevin Ollie a better coach than Beard?

• Haha
Reactions: BluesDaddy
Either he beat her and she lied to cover it up or she lied the first time and he has since stayed with her, which is also a massive display of bad judgement.

By the way, this is not his wife. He got divorced in 2016. This is his new fiancé/girlfriend, although I think he’s now broken up with her.
I agree, it’s a bad situation and bad judgement. If my girlfriend tried to lock me up over some bogus accusations, again not saying they are bogus but she is the one changing it up, I’m not staying with her.

I’m just saying a lot on here consider him guilty and label him this monster but we will never know what really happened. I guarantee she isn’t an innocent victim in all this and the prosecutor didn’t peruse it.

That wasn't Beard's team, it was Terry's. It could have been Beard's had he not beat his wife. Also, why hasn't Beard coached as many years since 2015? The only reason Beard has coached less is because he's a giant piece of shit who has under performed since Covid. Sorry, but beating your wife and missing seasons makes you a worse option as a coach than someone who doesn't beat the shit out of their wife.

Do you consider Kevin Ollie a better coach than Beard?
Terry recruited and built that team, then coached them all offseason, preseason and the first 8 games?

What evidence do you have Beard beat his fiancé? (the fact you think it was his wife shows how uneducated you are regarding the situation). You should forward your evidence to the DA, they say they didn't have enough to overcome reasonable doubt.

Did Beard screw your mom or something? You seem to have a vendetta against him.

Kevin Ollie inherited a team from Calhoun, some of which had already been a part of a championship team. Wouldn't really say he was a good coach. It's similar to Terry inheriting Beard's team. Thank you for providing that example!

Didn't Oats have some issues downplaying his multiple player's involvement in a murder last year?

Terry recruited and built that team, then coached them all offseason, preseason and the first 8 games?

What evidence do you have Beard beat his fiancé? (the fact you think it was his wife shows how uneducated you are regarding the situation). You should forward your evidence to the DA, they say they didn't have enough to overcome reasonable doubt.

Did Beard screw your mom or something? You seem to have a vendetta against him.

Kevin Ollie inherited a team from Calhoun, some of which had already been a part of a championship team. Wouldn't really say he was a good coach. It's similar to Terry inheriting Beard's team. Thank you for providing that example!

Didn't Oats have some issues downplaying his multiple player's involvement in a murder last year?
No, he might have tried to beat my mom though.

Did Beard coach past the 8th game of the season? This is like the idiots who say Tubby doesn't get credit for 98. Was Beard's record 7and 1 that year or did he get credit for all of Terry's wins?

Did Beard's fiance bite herself?

No, he might have tried to beat my mom though.

Did Beard coach past the 8th game of the season? This is like the idiots who say Tubby doesn't get credit for 98. Was Beard's record 7and 1 that year or did he get credit for all of Terry's wins?

Did Beard's fiance bite herself?
I'm guessing this is when she was pregnant with you, cause you seem like a possible brain injury case.

Tubby coached all offseason, preseason and during the season though, right?

I didn't count Beards UT year, you did! I am simply pointing out you can't count the year againt him to fit your argument and then not when it doesn't. If that wasn't his TX team, then he coached a year less than Oats, which gives Oats more chances to go further. If you do want to count it against Beard, then it was his team and the record and E8 count for him. Either way hurts your argument, so you pick.

Very possible. Her alleged bite mark was on her forearm. You would think the DA would have an easy case if it was as you claim. Yet, in TX, they chose not to pursue charges and the DA said it was because he couldn't prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. But here on RR, we have someone who has never seen a shred of evidence, who doesn't even know they weren't married, ready to convict.

Reading through this thread and what jumps out to me is how Oats has a buyout if he leaves. But Kal swindled Barney into a one way deal with a massive buyout/ guarantee to him but he can walk at anytime for free.

Reactions: TM2013
The only coach who has ever won a national championship and then directly left for another college job is Tubby Smith. Hurley isn't going to leave and why would he?

Reactions: HagginHall1999
This is the same guy that hired Gillispie, right?
Excellent point …. but (I could be wrong) I think BG’s ‘luggage’ was pretty much unknown at that point. If I’m wrong I have to agree with you. That would make me dislike MB even more 😂.

The only coach who has ever won a national championship and then directly left for another college job is Tubby Smith. Hurley isn't going to leave and why would he?

Agreed. Hurley now has a goal and that is to catch us. UConn wins this year and that is number 6. He is only 51. UConn may be the gold standard for the next two decades. He has zero incentive to leave.

Chris Beard will be the next Kentucky basketball coach a year from now.
Then you have 0 familiarity with our AD. I’m gonna blow your “Georgia football mind”
Our AD once suspended a UK football player for a late hit in an SEC game that didn’t even draw a flag on the play!

You start with Wright, Donovan, and Stevens and after they say no, you start looking at college coaches, and Oats would be near the top of the list. I’m not impressed with Beard, but he would be in the top 10.

Hurley is about to win back to back titles at UConn. Why in the world would he leave there? Don’t say money because UConn will match what we offer.
I totally agree with you I say you reach out to try your best the worst he can tell you is No. Then you shoot for the next best on your list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT