ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari at fault for UK's collapse

I'm not gonna click the link. Walk this way.

PPPFFFFFFFF

I mean what's it say....damn Splchk. Not even gonna delete it CAUSE ITS SO STUPID.

What's depressing is the UK fans comments. There is a portion of the fanbase that will complain and don't like Cal. I'm sure some of,the same ones said the same thing this season

I still have no clue what it says.

Why not just paraphrase it so we don't have to click.

Cal's bad, UK cheats, any other team is good, unc is getting crucified, Duke and Coach Kritshiski is all that's left, UK fans are idiots and no one wants that job except cheaters.....

Does that about sum it up? (I didn't read or click the article...)

Really, none of the above.
Just tells what many others have said.
As of the writing, UK was really bad by Cal's recent standards.
It's not a 19 yr old job to right the ship.
As a business manager, my job is and always has been
is to get the round pegs in the round hole and the square pegs in the square hole.
Don,t let the tail wag the dog.

A better question. Why does the OP have a need to reproduce garbage
that's 16 months old? The year ended on a good run (1 game short),
but as of the time of the article, we weren't so sure that would happen.

Reactions: RD_Gator
i do not understand why people link trash articles like this to give the site/writer more hits

I still have no clue what it says.

Why not just paraphrase it so we don't have to click.

Does that about sum it up? (I didn't read or click the article...)[/QUOTE]

Really, none of the above.
Just tells what many others have said.
As of the writing, UK was really bad by Cal's recent standards.
It's not a 19 yr old job to right the ship.
As a business manager, my job is and always has been
is to get the round pegs in the round hole and the square pegs in the square hole.
Don,t let the tail wag the dog.

A better question. Why does the OP have a need to reproduce garbage
that's 16 months old? The year ended on a good run (1 game short),
but as of the time of the article, we weren't so sure that would happen.

I was just referencing the dramatic emotions of our mentally unstable fan base. Just like last year prior to the run we had people going suicidal and this spring the same emotions appeared to be creeping up by so many prior to the good recruiting news.

And it is the KY Kernal so it is ok to give them hits. So can you understand that? Our own school newspaper.

Last edited:
A coach cant suit up and make the shots for the players....

Its insane if people think we need a different coach.

I will gladly defend Brian here. If you pay attention to this board you damn well know Brian is great poster who supports CAL 100%. He was trying to engage in a discussion about the fan bases crazy mind sets over small things. But no one posting reads the article and assumes he is trolling?? OP is the last Cat on this board who would try and bash Cal or troll. The OP is intelligent though, so his post unfortunately falls on deaf ears with many posters. Sorry Brian.

Reactions: .S&C. and brianpoe
I will gladly defend Brian here. If you pay attention to this board you damn well know Brian is great poster who supports CAL 100%. He was trying to engage in a discussion about the fan bases crazy mind sets over small things. But no one posting reads the article and assumes he is trolling?? OP is the last Cat on this board who would try and bash Cal or troll. The OP is intelligent though, so his post unfortunately falls on deaf ears with many posters. Sorry Brian.

A scholar and a gentlemen. Thank you sir.

You were jumped on a bit in a typical manner.

Next time just post Cals winning percentage. That's allowed.

Stop trying to be the master jedi on here young grasshopper.

giphy.gif

Does that about sum it up? (I didn't read or click the article...)

Ok to all you wildcat friends. I was just referencing the dramatic emotions of our mentally unstable fan base. Just like last year prior to the run we had people going suicidal and this spring the same emotions appeared to be creeping up by so many prior to the good recruiting news.

And it is the KY Kernal so it is ok to give them hits. So can you understand that? Our own school newspaper.

Stop being whiny wildcat friends and trying to jump on a poster who has no ill will.[/QUOTE]

Brother relax,
Who is bashing you? They may be but I wasn't, I was lumping together the criticism that is usually spouted. I didn't have to read it. For or against you really wasn't a point I cared about. But being a wildcat friend may be better than being a whole.... not sure jmo....Be good

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok to all you wildcat friends. I was just referencing the dramatic emotions of our mentally unstable fan base. Just like last year prior to the run we had people going suicidal and this spring the same emotions appeared to be creeping up by so many prior to the good recruiting news.

Stop being whiny wildcat friends and trying to jump on a poster who has no ill will.

Brother relax,
Who is bashing you? They may be but I wasn't, I was lumping together the criticism that is usually spouted. I didn't have to read it. For or against you really wasn't a point I cared about. But being a wildcat friend may be better than being a whole.... not sure jmo....Be good[/QUOTE]

BB I didn't mean to quote you brother. We have been 100% since the early days, my mistake. These new quote features get me all giddy and I can't control myself!

Reactions: BBUK
I got this to say about that article.

If 38 - 1 is a collapse, then I hope Calipari blows the damn place up.

[cheers]
The article was written Mar 1, 2014 and was about last year. We weren't doing so well in late Feb and early Mar in 2014.
After the article was written, UK went on that great run ......but that's another story. Most fans finished the year pleased, but one more win would have been nice:cool2:

The article was written Mar 1, 2014 and was about last year. We weren't doing so well in late Feb and early Mar in 2014.
After the article was written, UK went on that great run ......but that's another story. Most fans finished the year pleased, but one more win would have been nice:cool2:

Exactly, people panicked, acted like imbeciles, and wrote stupid articles and comments, kind of like this spring. Had nothing to do with coming up one game short. But Poppy you have missed many a point on these boards throughout the years. Thanks for contributing.

Yeah, I noticed that. I started to make a tongue in cheek comment like "Calipari couldn't even get a collapse right", but just didn't seem to have the same effect. Then I figured ok, 38 - 1 after we collapsed, well just blow it up then.

Bottom line, stand up comedy is not in my future. I'm better suited to "stand up philosophy", with apologies to Mel Brooks and History of the World Part 1.

And I agree that one more win would have been nice. Then it occurred to me, when is that never true?

Reactions: brianpoe
At the time of the writing, the Cats were 21-8. By Cal's past & UK expectations, that was not good . Maybe not a collapse, but bad enough to cause many fans to show displeasure. Even well know TV analysts were making similar remarks.

Question: If we were to lose 10 games this coming season, how would you describe it. Would that be a collapse or just a bad year?:angry::flushed:

At the time of the writing, the Cats were 21-8. By Cal's past & UK expectations, that was not good . Maybe not a collapse, but bad enough to cause many fans to show displeasure. Even well know TV analysts were making similar remarks.

Question: If we were to lose 10 games this coming season, how would you describe it. Would that be a collapse or just a bad year?:angry::flushed:

Once again you miss the point.

10 months earlier the man won the title.

Now he is the reason for total collapse. The fans comments are spiteful.

Yet the season wasn't over and he turned it around, I was simply correlating that time with this spring's negativity and turnaround.

No one is saying Cal is above criticism, it is simply a look at how emotional and irrational things can get here in KY, whether it be immediately after a title or a one loss season.

Cool? [cheers]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT