ADVERTISEMENT

Cal tweets about leaving UK, Crafts, Pope

I realize I’m very biased against Cal, but even trying to be impartial, this is a super weird thing to address on social media. He seems to want to play the victim card 24/7, yet simultaneously wants his ‘attackers’ to like him too, so he spouts off some of his usual BS and agenda in one form of media but then tries desperately backtracking to play the good guy in others.

I actually thought it was a joke thread when I read the title. Nope, not a joke when Cal is involved.
First part, he says the fans nor the Crafts were Crafts were a part of his decision to leave and says the program needed a new voice.

Second part, he says he likes and respects Mark Pope and says he will have success.

Last part, he says his memories are of 15 great years, then thanked everyone.

This is playing the victim card? Which part did he play the victim card? He could tweet happy birthday to the cashier at Dunkin’ Donuts and some of you would be triggered.

First part, he says the fans nor the Crafts were Crafts were a part of his decision to leave and says the program needed a new voice.

Second part, he says he likes and respects Mark Pope and says he will have success.

This is playing the victim card? Which part did he play the victim card? He could tweet happy birthday to the cashier at Dunkin’ Donuts and some of you would be triggered.

I suppose you haven’t read the fun article released this evening about him. I think the tweet is a bizarre thing to address on social media period once out of state and actively working for Arkansas. I’m sure the Crafts don’t care that he clears any air and I’m also sure Arkansas would probably rather him focus on his job. 🤷‍♂️

“I think some people were happy,” Calipari said, letting some sarcasm bleed in and only slightly exaggerating his 410 wins while in Lexington. “‘We’ve had this guy 15 years and we’ve only won 500 games. We only won one national title and four Final Fours and eight Elite Eights? What the hell is going on here?'”

• Haha
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

“I think some people were happy,” Calipari said, letting some sarcasm bleed in and only slightly exaggerating his 410 wins while in Lexington. “‘We’ve had this guy 15 years and we’ve only won 500 games. We only won one national title and four Final Fours and eight Elite Eights? What the hell is going on here?'”
The goon forgets that everything he did here happened in the first half of his tenure. He's been mostly irrelevant since the Towns team left in 2015.

Near destruction of our program 😂😂

We finished this regular season 9th.

If that’s near destruction then gawdam our football program is a middle school peewee program.

Cal had his shortcomings. We don’t have to make crap up to illustrate them. But alas, I know it won’t change as this board and UK are all some of the most vocal critics have. That’s sad.
Do we need to repost all of the all time worst records for UK that Cal put up in the last 5 years? Yes, he ran it into the ground.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Near destruction of our program 😂😂

We finished this regular season 9th.

If that’s near destruction then gawdam our football program is a middle school peewee program.

Cal had his shortcomings. We don’t have to make crap up to illustrate them. But alas, I know it won’t change as this board and UK are all some of the most vocal critics have. That’s sad.
What’s sad is that I have yet to see a post from you that wasn’t defending cal in some way. You have to be his biggest fan remaining on this board. 9-16 not bad enough? How about a 3 game home losing streak? How about losses to 14 and 15 seeds in the NCAAT? How about just 2 post season wins since 2019? How about refusing to play the best lineups as often as possible? How about being a condescending prick to the fan base? How about not caring about the SEC T or early season tournaments our fans have enjoyed attending for decades? How about being in the HOF but it’s too much trouble to teach your teams multiple defenses? How about keeping certain players in the starting lineup because he didn’t want to hurt their feelings? The fact you keep taking up for this clown just makes you one as well. Congrats on that end I guess!!!!

What’s sad is that I have yet to see a post from you that wasn’t defending cal in some way. You have to be his biggest fan remaining on this board. 9-16 not bad enough? How about a 3 game home losing streak? How about losses to 14 and 15 seeds in the NCAAT? How about just 2 post season wins since 2019? How about refusing to play the best lineups as often as possible? How about being a condescending prick to the fan base? How about not caring about the SEC T or early season tournaments our fans have enjoyed attending for decades? How about being in the HOF but it’s too much trouble to teach your teams multiple defenses? How about keeping certain players in the starting lineup because he didn’t want to hurt their feelings? The fact you keep taking up for this clown just makes you one as well. Congrats on that end I guess!!!!
Right, who cares about the substance of the post. Either get on board with the mob or walk alone.

The combo of Perry and Noah probably did it ,I think it is likely that Cal falls hard at Arkansas. We may see him unravel before the season is over. Did you make it to the Bait Shop?
Haven’t been up yet. Soon.

His ego won’t allow him to stay at Arkansas. He’s banking on a good year and the hope that someone from the NBA comes calling. He is clearly as miserable now as we all have been this past 5 years.
Spot on NCBW, spot on. He apparently thought that by talking/negotiating with Arky behind the scenes would cause Mitch to panic once again and offer him whatever he wanted if he'd stay here.... he thought wrong. I'm tickled shitless that Mitch realized Cal violated his contract and told him to hit the bricks. ( I think this is close to what went down. )

Whatever happened, I believe he's freakin' miserable in Hogwaller Village, and in shock at what's transpired. You just know he's sitting there in Brad's apartment going, "WTF just happened"? And, however it unfolded I'm just glad he's gone and we can right the ship. In Pope we trust, and in just what, three short weeks he's already proven he's going to work his tail off to do just that.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Spot on NCBW, spot on. He apparently thought that by talking/negotiating with Arky behind the scenes would cause Mitch to panic once again and offer him whatever he wanted if he'd stay here.... he thought wrong. I'm tickled shitless that Mitch realized Cal violated his contract and told him to hit the bricks. ( I think this is close to what went down. )

Whatever happened, I believe he's freakin' miserable in Hogwaller Village, and in shock at what's transpired. You just know he's sitting there in Brad's apartment going, "WTF just happened"? And, however it unfolded I'm just glad he's gone and we can right the ship. In Pope we trust, and in just what, three short weeks he's already proven he's going to work his tail off to do just that.
We’ll see how he recruits in that dump over the long haul if he does stick around. Announcing that Cal University Is open tells me all I need to know… he can’t sell that crap hole program to recruits and he knows it.

1 sect win an 1 ncaa win in 4 eligible years. That record got BILL BELLICHIK fired. Who is Cal compared to Goat nfl coach?

It wasn't the fans ? Cal is a thin skinned petulant child of course fan thoughts mattered - the sleaze bags feelings were hurt he needed a safe space.

Boosters were tired of the headache it was to work with him..

Cal needs just stop talking about his time at UK n exit. He's about as genuine in his comments as Gavin Newsome.

Typical Cal. He can't simply say he had a great 15 years here. No, he has to get in his passive-aggressive bs against the fans and apparently the boosters as well. He can't help himself. Glad that control freak is gone.

We don't even know if the story about Mitch and the contract violation is true. Now its become a convenient fact. I'm still trying to figure out how the guy that hired BCG is suddenly given enough credit to oust Cal and his lifetime deal a week after saying he was staying.

I call BS. Mitch's minions do all the smart work at UK, not Mitch. He gets the credit, but everyone who works at UK knows he's just a stuffed shirt. He couldn't outsmart a 5 yr old for a cookie. #bornonthird

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT