ADVERTISEMENT

Cal tweets about leaving UK, Crafts, Pope

“Coach Cal”-

1486039_Best-Laptop-for-Lawyers-2023_Blog-Post-Hero-Image_1200X630_102822.png

Near destruction of our program 😂😂

We finished this regular season 9th.

If that’s near destruction then gawdam our football program is a middle school peewee program.

Cal had his shortcomings. We don’t have to make crap up to illustrate them. But alas, I know it won’t change as this board and UK are all some of the most vocal critics have. That’s sad.

Well that was random. Just let some time pass Cal and we’ll all move on and remember it fondly. But it’s 3 weeks after the divorce so just let it go.
For some reason I feel like the Trent Noah signing triggered him. Little things like that that he would rarely do, that helped cost him his dream job.

But whatever. Guy should have just hung it up.

Worst record in school history 9-16

Worst tournament loss in school history to 15 seeded Peacocks

Turnaround 2 years later lost to 14 seeded Oakland

Missed the tournament twice

Let UNC overtake us for most Tourney wins.

1 Post Season Win since 2019

Losses to the likes of Evansville, Richmond , UNC Wilmington, Robert Morris , 2 loses to Kansas State.

I think all this qualifies as destruction at a BLUE BLOOD like UK!!!

Worst record in school history 9-16

Worst tournament loss in school history to 15 seeded Peacocks

Turnaround 2 years later lost to 14 seeded Oakland

Missed the tournament twice

Let UNC overtake us for most Tourney wins.

1 Post Season Win since 2019

Losses to the likes of Evansville, Richmond , UNC Wilmington, Robert Morris , 2 loses to Kansas State.

I think all this qualifies as destruction at a BLUE BLOOD like UK!!!
He systematically destroyed UK without even trying. Absolute legend.

I realize I’m very biased against Cal, but even trying to be impartial, this is a super weird thing to address on social media. He seems to want to play the victim card 24/7, yet simultaneously wants his ‘attackers’ to like him too, so he spouts off some of his usual BS and agenda in one form of media but then tries desperately backtracking to play the good guy in others.

I actually thought it was a joke thread when I read the title. Nope, not a joke when Cal is involved.

Well that was random. Just let some time pass Cal and we’ll all move on and remember it fondly. But it’s 3 weeks after the divorce so just let it go.
I'm sure at some point he'll be more than welcomed back, just going to take some time because got dang it was time for him to go a few seasons ago.

Also I guess depending on how 'the stories' go that will inevitably keep leaking (because I've already read quite a few) of his time here and especially near the end.

Ah, seems okay to me. Regardless of how it ended he was here for 15 years and always seemed to be a good human. We’ve seen coaches laying the wood to assistants, non stop dui’s, etc

It was definitely time for a change, he recognized that, and didn’t burn the place down when he left. That’s all that matter IMO

It is easy for you to say just let it go because you didn't just make the dumbest mistake of your professional career like Cal. It is obvious the man is in pain. Lol. He probably feels a lot like RP after things didn't go well in Boston.

Last edited:
Screw Cal. I'm so glad we don't have to watch his horrible coaching or listen to his crap next season.
Why do you let others have that much persuasion of you,to have you butt in and talk negatively about someone else? You don't seem to have control of your own mind! And that's a fact!

I wouldn't say this board has moved on. Cal bashing is till quite popular. It will be great when the season rolls around and we can be focusing on Kentucky's team while we hope Arkansas loses every game.
I'm not wasting time about who used to be here. We have a Coach Pope.

Ah, seems okay to me. Regardless of how it ended he was here for 15 years and always seemed to be a good human. We’ve seen coaches laying the wood to assistants, non stop dui’s, etc

It was definitely time for a change, he recognized that, and didn’t burn the place down when he left. That’s all that matter IMO
All due respect
He didn’t recognize a thing. He got caught violating his contract…and tried to use threat of. Leaving against Barnhart and it backfired
And now he’s playing victim
No, he didn’t burn down the place. Kentucky has been, is, and always will be bigger than any coach
Calipari never understood that

Cal hitting that Bourbon already. He wakes up forgetting he coaches for Arkansas. Poor guy.
Wait until his first game at Bud Walton and he takes a hell of a migraine listening to them calling the Hogs.
He should get one of those pig horns installed in his vehicles like in Porkys.

• Haha
Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
For some reason I feel like the Trent Noah signing triggered him. Little things like that that he would rarely do, that helped cost him his dream job.

The combo of Perry and Noah probably did it ,I think it is likely that Cal falls hard at Arkansas. We may see him unravel before the season is over. Did you make it to the Bait Shop?

He couldve retired then got 1M a year for life just to help the new coach recruit and been a UK legend. Instead he left for arkansas and be unhappy. Weird move but his life and i think hell regret it for a long time.

I don't believe anything the snake oil salesman says. Lies every time he opens his mouth. What else is he going to say here?

Reactions: ck-2
I don’t care what he says, thinks, or does.
Moreover, I sure as hell don’t feel sorry for him after paying him 70-80 MIL or whatever it was. He knew we wasn’t putting the program 1st. Now he prolly is having some thoughts about how he shit the nest. Please just go away!!!

He couldve retired then got 1M a year for life just to help the new coach recruit and been a UK legend. Instead he left for arkansas and be unhappy. Weird move but his life and i think hell regret it for a long time.
Thing is, he did it to himself. He thought he was bigger than the program and untouchable. He made the mistake of engaging Arkansas about the job which was a breach of contract. Its debatable if he was leveraging leaving in hopes of getting more NIL money or money in general but it backfired.
Mitch got saved and we saved 33 million. His ego and greed did him in. He took a paycut to go to Arkansas and give up his dream job and in the end, the UK program wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT