ADVERTISEMENT

Cal more than wrong on Edwards

Do you have a life outside of redundantly bitching about the starting lineup of the 6th ranked team on a message board? LoL
LOL I didn't post this thread, Person Who Obsesses over another person on the web instead of having a life. Nice try. Anything else? (yawn)

No, the scouts were not wrong. The reports I read literally talked about the issues we're seeing. It's the fans and ranking services who got it wrong. Cal doesn't read the scouting reports. He clearly went off the rankings.
Please provide receipts on this because I think you are full of crap with this statement.

I just want to know at what point it will be OK to boo the kid when he checks in like we did last year. Hopefully that will be a separate thread to notify all of us so I don't miss it.

(note - this is sarcasm. I'm sick of all the piling on you people do to the players these days)

I think he’s doing the right thing with Edwards. Start him and give him some minutes to see if he’s on that day. Then sit him more if he’s not. He only played 12 minutes against Georgia lol.

And we all know you can't wait for that to happen.

No, see I'm a UK fan first. I don't care who the coach is, unlike some of you. You're a Cal blowhard first, and a UK fan 2nd or 3rd. When Cal is winning, like he's supposed to be, I'm content with him being here. When he changes his archaic offense, like he obviously has, I'm content with him being here. What's wrong with wanting to be at the forefront, and not accepting the last 3 seasons? Not a damn thing unreasonable about it.

And why are you @ing me in a post, where I was basically defending Cal for his lineups anyway? Must be one boring ass existence.

I think he’s doing the right thing with Edwards. Start him and give him some minutes to see if he’s on that day. Then sit him more if he’s not. He only played 12 minutes against Georgia lol.
While Thiero is out I don't have a problem with him getting 12 minutes, especially in a blowout. But if he does not improve that is 12 minutes he is taking away from better players so I don't see how that makes the team better. In a close game one player playing 12 minutes poorly can absolutely make a point or two difference and get you beat.

Reactions: Blisterpac
Right now it’s a moot point because his replacement is injured. So why do we keep taking about this? Btw, Burks is not the answer.

Oh look everyone, the Cal cult telling everyone what they should be able to post.
Here's a thought. If there's another thread on the subject, then DON"T READ IT.
The mods can do their job fine without all the whining and crying.

Oh look everyone, the Cal cult telling everyone what they should be able to post.

Don't forget the fly-by bait post replies.

Edwards is playing BENCH-PLAYER minutes, and has been for like 8-10 games now. That he starts does NOT matter that much. Remember when BCG "started" Coury, but he averaged <11mpg, while Stevenson came off the bench for >24mpg.

The guy is a troll who always post multiple stuff about the same thing and if you have half a brain, you know who used to be and I guarantee you didn’t like him

We do have a lot of Blue Chip Prospects popping up with some pretty strong opinions. It sure is nice to get new fans. Wonder where they came from?

The guy is a troll who always post multiple stuff about the same thing and if you have half a brain, you know who used to be and I guarantee you didn’t like him

Then let the mods worry about it. I clicked on the thread to read about it and 2/3 of is people whining about the threads existence. Seemed like a legitimate original post to me, troll or not. Not sure why discussing Edwards starter role or contribution makes many here hyper-sensitive.

I am not the thread boss. I was answering your question . if you want to be a smart ass about it, then that’s up to you.
I was a smartass because I thought your response to what I said was rather trollish. I also can't control how many threads there are and I post when there is something I want to say.

But you are right. I am and was and have always been a smartass. Hope I didn't upset you and I sincerely apologize.

I didn’t say that at all. I said you don’t want to go down that road and find out.
You painted yourself into a corner and now you don't like it. Why would you assume there's a cancer in the locker room? I thought who starts doesn't matter.

Then let the mods worry about it. I clicked on the thread to read about it and 2/3 of is people whining about the threads existence. Seemed like a legitimate original post to me, troll or not. Not sure why discussing Edwards starter role or contribution makes many here hyper-sensitive.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Thanks it was my opinion and I believe my only post on Edwards. There is only one of me and I have been a UK fan since I was 8 or 9 years old in 1960. Didn't realize how some people are so sensitive!

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Coaches try to not destroy player’s confidence. Especially if they have potential to be a great player. Whether someone else starts or not is irrelevant at this point in the season if the possibility of ruining team chemistry is a possibility. You don’t want a cancer in the locker room pouting.
It would only be natural if a player got a little down because he lost his starting position. But if he is pouting because he lost his position to a clearly better player then the coach should tell him to suck it up or be put under the bench.

Oh No 90S GIF by Acorn TV

You painted yourself into a corner and now you don't like it. Why would you assume there's a cancer in the locker room? I thought who starts doesn't matter.
I stand by what I said. Sometime coaches look at it this way. No corner at all. If you know kids at all, you don’t want to tear them down. His confidence is low enough. Pull him and you may lose him. Only Cal knows and maybe not even him.

It’s weird how you didn’t read all the words though.

Reactions: ukcatz12
It would only be natural if a player got a little down because he lost his starting position. But if he is pouting because he lost his position to a clearly better player then the coach should tell him to suck it up or be put under the bench.
I agree but I would wait till adversity set in, not when things are flowing well in a positive way.

I agree but I would wait till adversity set in, not when things are flowing well in a positive way.
But I just don't see how replacing Edwards at the 3 position with Reeves and starting Sheppard could do anything other than improve the starting lineup. I'd like to see UK stomp on people's necks at the getgo. I'm old and have enjoyed many UK comebacks; they always come back but sometimes just come up short.

But now I'd like to see UK dominate people like the good old days(the good old days are the years we dominated people). I want to see us knock down 3 threes in row and then hang on the rim on a dunk and then elbow somebody in the face. Wait, did somebody actually do that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT