ADVERTISEMENT

Cal more than wrong on Edwards

Jan 18, 2024
Seems to me like the best thing that could happen to Justin Edwards is for Cal to have enough humility to admit his mistake and let Justin come off the bench. It is unfair to him the amount of pressure put on him by Cat fans and the news media by, so far, not living up to expectations. He would have so much less pressure coming off the bench plus I believe the fans would start to rally around him and root for him to be successful. I am sure he is a good kid but the pressure has to be enormous! Come on Cal, do the right thing.

Seems to me like the best thing that could happen to Justin Edwards is for Cal to have enough humility to admit his mistake and let Justin come off the bench. It is unfair to him the amount of pressure put on him by Cat fans and the news media by, so far, not living up to expectations. He would have so much less pressure coming off the bench plus I believe the fans would start to rally around him and root for him to be successful. I am sure he is a good kid but the pressure has to be enormous! Come on Cal, do the right thing.
Cal is doing just fine this year

650.jpg

Or maybe fans should rally around him whether he is starting or not. I have no problems at all with Edwards starting. None whatsoever. The dude has only been playing around 15 min a game in SEC play anyways. I would suspect that once Adou is cleared to play, Edwards time will drop even more.

Wow, has this been discussed enough? Did this thread really need to be started?

Doesn’t matter if he starts or not. He played what, 13 minutes against UGA and likely going to be less once Thiero comes back?

Beating a dead horse.

How does Edward's starting the game hurt the team and how does him coming off the bench make things better lol.

He does poorly after the tip you sit him down. He does good you keep him in.

Seems like a good spot for him and the team.

OP joined Thursday. My guess is his other 3 handles already posted 5 times each in the other 4 Edward’s threads on the first page.

Furthermore, this is OP’s 3rd (yes third) thread started on the topic of starting lineup.

@Shep2win, you seriously can’t post in one of the other threads you created? Are you that hard up for attention? You are averaging almost one thread started a day on the topic of starting lineup.

How many threads did your other handles start on the same subject?

Last edited:
The pressure on him is mainly coming from his inner circle. Not the fans , not the media , and not coach Cal . The father of one of our current players told me this back in November. He said he was so glad his son could just play freely without that weight on his shoulders . Benching him will not alleviate that pressure.

Reactions: catben
The pressure on him is mainly coming from his inner circle. Not the fans , not the media , and not coach Cal . The father of one of our current players told me this back in November. He said he was so glad his son could just play freely without that weight on his shoulders . Benching him will not alleviate that pressure.
Benching him will increase that pressure. He will feel like he needs to perform at a much higher level to get his starting role back. I like “hiding” him with the players out there and bringing in some stone cold killers off the bench.

Reactions: yoshukai
Benching him will increase that pressure. He will feel like he needs to perform at a much higher level to get his starting role back. I like “hiding” him with the players out there and bringing in some stone cold killers off the bench.
Yep . Benching him would absolutely increase that pressure. Remember Whitney? He had to deal with that while he was here .

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I am rooting for the kid and hope he gets his act together, if there's an act to get together. Don't know if benching him is the solution. At this time, he's not playing more than he deserves so l if the pressure isn't coming from himself. It's truly sad these kids come to UK and if they're not everything that's projected right out of the gate they need to feel like they need to leave whether they're ready or not. You're 20 years old for crying out loud and another yr isn't going to destroy your dreams. Just look at Trey and Reeves, I believe they'll both be on an nba roster next season.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Coaches try to not destroy player’s confidence. Especially if they have potential to be a great player. Whether someone else starts or not is irrelevant at this point in the season if the possibility of ruining team chemistry is a possibility. You don’t want a cancer in the locker room pouting.

Reactions: yoshukai
Maybe we can make a “you pick em” type thing about who starts the daily thread on starting and Edwards.

I am rooting for the kid and hope he gets his act together, if there's an act to get together. Don't know if benching him is the solution. At this time, he's not playing more than he deserves so l if the pressure isn't coming from himself. It's truly sad these kids come to UK and if they're not everything that's projected right out of the gate they need to feel like they need to leave whether they're ready or not. You're 20 years old for crying out loud and another yr isn't going to destroy your dreams. Just look at Trey and Reeves, I believe they'll both be on an nba roster next season.
Remember the Harrison twins freshman year? They were struggling in the middle of the year and their dad came up from Texas and had a talk with them saying “it’s not the end of the world if you have to come back another year “. They played much better after that . Don’t expect that from Edwards ”handlers” however. They want to be paid . And they want to be paid now .

Reactions: STL_Cat
I just want him to preform, I don’t care if he starts or is the last player on the bench. You’re at UK because you can play basketball, please play like they are saying you dominate in practice. I hope once he breaks thru he can build on his offense and defense and make us better.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

EVERYONE was wrong on Edwards, including all the people who scout players professionally.
No, the scouts were not wrong. The reports I read literally talked about the issues we're seeing. It's the fans and ranking services who got it wrong. Cal doesn't read the scouting reports. He clearly went off the rankings.

Coaches try to not destroy player’s confidence. Especially if they have potential to be a great player. Whether someone else starts or not is irrelevant at this point in the season if the possibility of ruining team chemistry is a possibility. You don’t want a cancer in the locker room pouting.
So you're saying that Edwards is a cancer and he would be pouting if he didn't start?

Starting is meaningless. It’s more about minutes played and who’s on the floor in the last 5 minutes. Edwards rarely is in at finishing time and his minutes have drastically been reduced over the last 5 games.

Cal is trying to keep his confidence up by starting him, but also taking him off the floor at crunch time.

But let’s have yet another thread about it.

And do we have to have a whipping boy to shit on every season? It’s Edwards this year.

Reactions: Graham51
Kentucky has the TROLLS so rattled that all they have left to use to stir dissension is a slowish start for Edwards - who has shown glimpses of eventually being a very good player -- and whether Cal will play a zone.

Seen that way, these threads are an endorsement of how good the season is going.
1. Acknowledges "slowish start" and only "glimpses" of playing well
2. Doesn't take the next logical step in analyzing whether or not there are players coming off the bench who are better
3. ????
4. CALBOI!!!!

Starting is meaningless. It’s more about minutes played and who’s on the floor in the last 5 minutes. Edwards rarely is in at finishing time and his minutes have drastically been reduced over the last 5 games.

Cal is trying to keep his confidence up by starting, but also taking him off the floor at crunch time.

BuT OtHeR CoAchEs WiLL LisTeN to Me!!!

Cal is trying to keep his confidence up by starting, but also taking him off the floor at crunch time.

According to some of your fellow calbois IN THIS THREAD, starting is super important for Edwards' confidence. So it's not meaningless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT