ADVERTISEMENT

Cal more than wrong on Edwards

But I just don't see how replacing Edwards at the 3 position with Reeves and starting Sheppard could do anything other than improve the starting lineup. I'd like to see UK stomp on people's necks at the getgo. I'm old and have enjoyed many UK comebacks; they always come back but sometimes just come up short.

But now I'd like to see UK dominate people like the good old days(the good old days are the years we dominated people). I want to see us knock down 3 threes in row and then hang on the rim on a dunk and then elbow somebody in the face. Wait, did somebody actually do that?
I don’t know if it would hurt but Cal might. Could hurt chemistry, guard rotations, etc. if it’s not broke…I would like to see all three bigs in the game for a few mins just for fun. Massive zone possibilities. 🤣

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don’t know if it would hurt but Cal might. Could hurt chemistry, guard rotations, etc. if it’s not broke…I would like to see all three bigs in the game for a few mins just for fun. Massive zone possibilities. 🤣
I get the "if it's not broke" thing but I am arguing for boldness. Since it's so hard and rare to win championship why not look at the team more like a NASCAR crew chief...how can we make it better? How can we improve it? Start your best five players and beat people up from the opening bell.

There is literally a thread about edwards with 100 responses created yesterday. Mods need to add this to that.

I propose one bitch about edwards pinned thread mods.
I was thinking that the other day. It’s every game. How about we just let Edwards play, get the minutes he gets, and cheer him on. He hit 2 3’s last game and missed an easy layup. If we get 8 points and a couple rebounds in his 15 minutes, that’s success.

Nah we good lol. I would like to see a zone but the guards have got to help on the drive. We already don’t guard the 3 that great so we either need to pick one, guard the 3 tighter and rely on Ugo and Z to protect the rim, or stop the drive more.

Nah we good lol. I would like to see a zone but the guards have got to help on the drive. We already don’t guard the 3 that great so we either need to pick one, guard the 3 tighter and rely on Ugo and Z to protect the rim, or stop the drive more.
I’m not a zone guy but would just like to see it once with three seven footers. 👀

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Do you have a life outside of redundantly bitching about the starting lineup of the 6th ranked team on a message board? LoL
I think the answer to this is no. He's the same guy that has been bitching about Wagner not getting enough assists, and then after last game when Wagner went for 18 and 10 continued to bitch about that one missed layup.

There are some fans here who would bitch about winning a national title if we didn't win it by enough points.

Reactions: JFCats22
I get the "if it's not broke" thing but I am arguing for boldness. Since it's so hard and rare to win championship why not look at the team more like a NASCAR crew chief...how can we make it better? How can we improve it? Start your best five players and beat people up from the opening bell.
When a player’s minutes occur don’t matter anywhere near as much as how many minutes he plays does!!!
Who STARTS is not important. What is important is how many minutes guys get. Secondly is pairing guys up to maximize chemistry given the minutes distribution. Third would be who finishes the game. And fourth is who starts the game.

It's going to be funny to see the reactions if he does move Edwards out of the starting lineup for Dillingham.
Only way that happens is if we start to lose games and they pile up one after another. As long as we are winning games, he's not going to change anything. He himself said he like the two dynamic guards coming off the bench. You change that, you change the entire team.

I stand by what I said. Sometime coaches look at it this way. No corner at all. If you know kids at all, you don’t want to tear them down. His confidence is low enough. Pull him and you may lose him. Only Cal knows and maybe not even him.

It’s weird how you didn’t read all the words though.
He's not a kid. He's a twenty year old adult paid professional. You have zero idea of his mental and emotional state. Stop putting him down. If he's that weak minded then he doesn't belong here.

Only way that happens is if we start to lose games and they pile up one after another. As long as we are winning games, he's not going to change anything. He himself said he like the two dynamic guards coming off the bench. You change that, you change the entire team.
If they are so dynamic, why are they on the bench? What about the rwo they are replacing, are they not almost dynamic?

• Haha
Reactions: Cal-4-Three
Thanks it was my opinion and I believe my only post on Edwards. There is only one of me and I have been a UK fan since I was 8 or 9 years old in 1960. Didn't realize how some people are so sensitive!
People aren’t sensitive. They are just tired of your same nonsense over and over again. A new username doesn’t fool anyone.

Reactions: ukcatz12
Edwards is playing BENCH-PLAYER minutes, and has been for like 8-10 games now. That he starts does NOT matter that much. Remember when BCG "started" Coury, but he averaged <11mpg, while Stevenson came off the bench for >24mpg.
In fairness we all thought the Coury starting thing was ridiculous too, lol. That's why we all remember it so well.

Reactions: Looksbetterinblue
Well whoever created this post got their wish. 100+ comments complaining about the most exciting team in the country whose coach finally adapted to the modern game yet still gets criticism from the fan base.

Cal is doing just fine this year
Exactly. We are going to need Edwards in some games so I have no issue trying to get him to be the best defender and rebounder he can be which is exactly what he is doing. He has the talent and length to guard a guy like Knecht and I’m not sure who else can do that on this team.

Exactly. We are going to need Edwards in some games so I have no issue trying to get him to be the best defender and rebounder he can be which is exactly what he is doing. He has the talent and length to guard a guy like Knecht and I’m not sure who else can do that on this team.
Thiero. Knecht will torch Edwards.

He's not a kid. He's a twenty year old adult paid professional. You have zero idea of his mental and emotional state. Stop putting him down. If he's that weak minded then he doesn't belong here.
I didn't put him down because I don't know how he would react. Never said anything that put him down, only common possibilities. Happens all the time in sports, even at the pro level. You have no idea it wouldn't happen that way but why take the chance if you don't need do. I just don't feel like a change is needed unless things go south.

Reactions: ukcatz12
I didn't put him down because I don't know how he would react. Never said anything that put him down, only common possibilities. Happens all the time in sports, even at the pro level. You have no idea it wouldn't happen that way but why take the chance if you don't need do. I just don't feel like a change is needed unless things go south.
You put him down by calling him a kid. In doing so you rob him of the power to change himself. He's a grown man who can decide to go to the gym and change his body. He can decide to work on his game. You're pathetically enabling him to feel sorry for himself and you assumed he'd take benching badly. And my point is, if he takes it wrong, then we don't need him and he doesn't belong here. UK isn't a hospital for emotionally damaged basketball players.

That's it. I'm putting both of you in time-out for 5 minutes. And don't argue about it!

I'm glad you guys respected the time-out. It was the right decision. I hereby set you free again.

You put him down by calling him a kid. In doing so you rob him of the power to change himself. He's a grown man who can decide to go to the gym and change his body. He can decide to work on his game. You're pathetically enabling him to feel sorry for himself and you assumed he'd take benching badly. And my point is, if he takes it wrong, then we don't need him and he doesn't belong here. UK isn't a hospital for emotionally damaged basketball players.
That is a huge reach. Everyday on tv they are all called kids. Good lord dude. 18 is an arbitrary number anyway once the brain isn’t even finished developing till ages 22-24. Smh. You just want to argue.

Also making things up. I never assumed he would take it any way. I said not worth the chance finding out if things are going well. Welcome to ignore.

That is a huge reach. Everyday on tv they are all called kids. Good lord dude. 18 is an arbitrary number anyway once the brain isn’t even finished developing till ages 22-24. Smh. You just want to argue.

Also making things up. I never assumed he would take it any way. I said not worth the chance finding out if things are going well. Welcome to ignore.
BYEEEEEEEEEEE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT