ADVERTISEMENT

Cal is really starting to make me mad

Jun 26, 2001
This is getting ridiculous!!! I'm a Wake fan and this Cal guy is just too good!! I'm sure the evaluators and scout services are pissed too cause their job isn't done cause he's still working! They can't finalize their team rankings due to this guy!! Y'all's class after things were supposedly over would rank in the top 10 (Mulder, Murray, Humphries). Put those guys with your early three and Wynard and y'all just replaced the 7 y'all lost to the League!! I have high hopes for Danny Manning and I'm pleased with the job he's doing but Cal is ridiculous!!

I believe you will be very happy with Manning and this has no doubt been one wild ride of a summer with recruiting.

Just hang around this board, my WF brother, and you'll hear all about Cal's shortcomings, and how adding a Top 50 rated 7' center as a back up player was really more negative than positive.

I know Wake fans would enjoy a trip to the Final Four -- appreciate it as a terrific accomplishment. Imagine doing that four years out of five and having half-wits on your fan board dismiss it.

This is getting ridiculous!!! I'm a Wake fan and this Cal guy is just too good!! I'm sure the evaluators and scout services are pissed too cause their job isn't done cause he's still working! They can't finalize their team rankings due to this guy!! Y'all's class after things were supposedly over would rank in the top 10 (Mulder, Murray, Humphries). Put those guys with your early three and Wynard and y'all just replaced the 7 y'all lost to the League!! I have high hopes for Danny Manning and I'm pleased with the job he's doing but Cal is ridiculous!!

For what it's worth, I REALLY hope you guys somehow get Giles.

Reactions: GonzoCat90 and Jkwo
Ah hell a Wake Forest fan.....No kidding. What's up dude. I like to see you guys have good teams. Do you think yall are on your way? I only seen a game or 2 of Wake last year and that CMM boy looked legit. So do you think yall are close? How you lookin this year? Tourney maybe? I remember when yall had that bad ass team a few years ago. Loved watching that team. What year was that? 07? 08? Don't pay me no attention man. I've been drinking lol. But yeah answer my questions though.

We were good during the Paul's years and Duncan years. By good I mean FF contenders. We were also good in the early 90's led by Rodney Rodgers and we ran into an unbelievable shooting night by Ford & Mashburn!! I like our core of seniors with CMM & Thomas. Our freshman class is good by our standards as was last years class. (I know it's not good by y'all's standards!) But Giles would be a program changer for us but I believe K has gotten him out of town and I actually think y'all have a better shot than us. With that said the rumor around Winston is he's Duke bound. I visit y'all's boards as well as others cause I deem y'all as knowledgable fans. And yea every fan base has their share of "fanatics"! But Im a firm believer that y'all as a passionate following help create the atmosphere for Cal to do what he does. I wish Wake had half the following but it's hard with Duke, UNC & State in our backyard.

Just hang around this board, my WF brother, and you'll hear all about Cal's shortcomings, and how adding a Top 50 rated 7' center as a back up player was really more negative than positive.

I know Wake fans would enjoy a trip to the Final Four -- appreciate it as a terrific accomplishment. Imagine doing that four years out of five and having half-wits on your fan board dismiss it.

[roll]

Actually its simple Wake fan, beat unc and dook and it will come, in fact beat 'em twice some years.

I can't imagine sharing a state with Duke and Carolina. As a fan, that has to be miserable.

I still remember that 2008 squad you guys had. I talked them up all year, really expected them to make some noise with Teague, Ish Smith, Aminu, Johnson, McFarland, and LD Williams and then the two 7 footers as freshmen--and then you lost early on the ACCT and dropped that opening round NCAAT game. I was shocked. Thought that team was built for a run.

Thanks and you are correct. He is the best recruiter in college basketball. I like Wake and hope Manning can get it done and put UNC and Duke in the rear view mirror.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I'm a Wake fan...QUOTE]

When we moved to Winston Salem 25 years ago, I adopted WF so my 4 kids would have a local team to cheer NOT named Dook or Chapel Hell. Cal/UK are our allies because it keeps the 5 stars out of the ACC.

Opinion: Giles is a one-and-done, which means he's not a program changer for the Deacs. Manning is building like Virginia or Wisconsin do: 4 year kids who buy into his system.

I can't imagine sharing a state with Duke and Carolina. As a fan, that has to be miserable.

I still remember that 2008 squad you guys had. I talked them up all year, really expected them to make some noise with Teague, Ish Smith, Aminu, Johnson, McFarland, and LD Williams and then the two 7 footers as freshmen--and then you lost early on the ACCT and dropped that opening round NCAAT game. I was shocked. Thought that team was built for a run.

LOL, that '08 Wake team was my worst FF pick ever. I thought that ACC Tourney loss would wake them up. Oops.

That team was a disappointment and believe it or not that team crashed over a girl!!! Teague and James Johnson were at odds over a girl and they actually wouldn't pass to each other. As talented as that team was cause we reached number 1 after beating UNC but our chemistry issues destroyed the team from within!!! And with that said that's another thing I respect about Cal!! How can you have so many talented guys and they seem to have great chemistry every year!! And you guys are possibly a couple of untimely injuries from winning four in a row! And trust me its hard being surrounded by Tarholes and Dookies!! But still as a lover of the game of Bball I hold a level of respect for their programs and I have the upmost respect for what Cal has done with you guys as well as the tremendous history y'all's program posses! Just know BBN that everyone in the state doesn't hate Kentucky and if they're honest the ones that do are jealous!! Cause I'm jealous but I marvel at what y'all have built, Cal and your fans!!!

That team was a disappointment and believe it or not that team crashed over a girl!!! Teague and James Johnson were at odds over a girl and they actually wouldn't pass to each other. As talented as that team was cause we reached number 1 after beating UNC but our chemistry issues destroyed the team from within!!! And with that said that's another thing I respect about Cal!! How can you have so many talented guys and they seem to have great chemistry every year!! And you guys are possibly a couple of untimely injuries from winning four in a row! And trust me its hard being surrounded by Tarholes and Dookies!! But still as a lover of the game of Bball I hold a level of respect for their programs and I have the upmost respect for what Cal has done with you guys as well as the tremendous history y'all's program posses! Just know BBN that everyone in the state doesn't hate Kentucky and if they're honest the ones that do are jealous!! Cause I'm jealous but I marvel at what y'all have built, Cal and your fans!!!
Thanks for the classy post! You ok in my book. I like an outsiders perspective of CBB. That said I hope you have thick skin. If you have noticed there are some opinionated posters on here and if you say something they don't like be ready.
I asked this to multiple fans of other schools. when it got down to almost happening, did you want to see history and see an undefeated team or did you want to see the upset last season?

I honestly was rooting for history once you guys got to 20. I actually started watching y'all's games to see how your team was reacting to the pressure. I always figured that in a tight moment y'all's team would break but I was wrong!! I watched a few close calls and your team pulled together and played defense on an unseen level before!! I became a fan of Cals this year!!! I always had respect but Im actually a fan of his and I wanted him to do it in the face of the "establishment"!! I think Cal gets it!! He truly understands and from afar I perceive him to be genuine in his pursuit for his kids!! And more than anything I hate that the last 2 Duke titles they were a game away from losing to you guys!!!

you made a good pick when you moved there. Aint now way I could cheer for UNC or Duke. I would pick Wake or NC State or even ECU before those two.

Cheering for Wake big time against dUke and UNC all day. Beat up on UL while you are at it......welcome to our board!

Reactions: BlueSince92
This move by Cal put a hurt on some teams hopes of beating us. A coach like Pitino that likes getting a key player in foul trouble very early. This move really takes a lot of steam out of that approach. So much hope for some teams licking their chops at our thin 5 position. Then out of nowhere, at the very end, Cal has it covered without hardly anyone knowing about it.

This extra 5 fouls, big body, low post offense all of the sudden will make it much harder to deal with. The overall guard strength is so strong, this team now has a great chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT