ADVERTISEMENT

Cal doesn’t care about championships

How many times does he have to rub that in our face?

Here’s an interview from 7 years ago that’s very telling:

Link: Cal doe$n’t care

Great new take, haven't heard that before. And it's just as dumb now as it was the first 100 times it was said on here. Cal might have passed his prime, and I'd rather go in a new direction, but to act like he truly doesn't care about championships is silly.

Reactions: lj bulldog
Great new take, haven't heard that before. And it's just as dumb now as it was the first 100 times it was said on here. Cal might have passed his prime, and I'd rather go in a new direction, but to act like he truly doesn't care about championships is silly.
Did you watch the clip?

How can it be a dumb take when he said it himself? He said “I don’t get joy out of winning”. He also asked, “what joy would I get in the NBA? Making an owner money? Bringing a championship to a city?”

He said straight up that he’s all about creating wealth for his players and moving on to the next group.

your-paragraph-text-2-Yyv28e0g8Bt30bjR.png

He’s openly stated it isn’t his main priority and primary goal for each team…..in his perfect world it would be a nice side effect. Like he wouldn’t turn titles down but that isn’t what he’s prioritizing in any given season. His words…..not random internet ppl making things up.

Yip Yip

He doesn’t care because he has cute pet dogs to kiss and $9 mil to invest every year.😬

Reactions: NociHTTP
In that clip he also said, referencing his motivation, was that "if they (UK) knew, they probably wouldn't have hired me". Carpetbagger ... both Cal and Barnhart.

Reactions: blubo

Well he’s admitted many times that his Number 1 priority is not to win SEC Or National Titles but rather “change lives” and “end generational poverty” (funny now generational poverty only seems to apply to certain people in his eyes. Typical of a savior virtue signaler).

Anywho, it’s not that he “doesn’t care” about titles. I’m sure if he happens to win a title again he’ll be happy but it’s not the top of his list of priorities. He has blatantly expressed this.

If you’re being paid $9 million dollars a year to coach Kentucky basketball… don’t you think winning SEC and National Titles should be the #1 priority?

He’s openly stated it isn’t his main priority and primary goal for each team…..in his perfect world it would be a nice side effect. Like he wouldn’t turn titles down but that isn’t what he’s prioritizing in any given season. His words…..not random internet ppl making things up.

@kb22stang - It looks like this comment was posted as I was making my very similar comments.

Interested in your thoughts on this.

I don’t think the UK administration cares either. They want CCC here for political reasons and he could go 0-30 and that wouldn’t change
LOL, politics has nothing to do with it. Keion Brooks tried to get the stadium name changed, and obviously the brass put an end to that real quick. How many times did Cal "kneel"? Once? He's not there for politics, he's there because of the perceived benefit to the school they think Cal brings them (funding from former players and the NBA, doing things for different communities).

Reactions: Jack2936
I want to hear early and often the goal of the team next year is to win the Classics Championship, defend the home court, win the regular season SEC and Tourney SEC and get to the FF.

That needs to be the standard.
Cal has made it waaaaay too much about individual improvement for the NBA draft with practically no goals set anymore for team accomplishments imo.
If team accomplishments/goals are a focus, I sure as hell never hear him voice it.

Sounds like a social worker
”My goal is to help families“

“The joy isn’t to win”

Is Kalipairie not an employee of the University of Kentucky?

Does his contract say something akin to “the number of wins does not really matter, you main goal is getting these players to the NBA and your success in doing that will be the determining factor in whether you are successful or not!”

I have often wondered does he care about the 10 or so non-NBA players on his team If his goal is to help families? They will likely not see “generational wealth.” What tangible acts does COW do for them?

Winning is not the goal! UK makes CCC the highest paid coach in college basketball on the basis of he helps families, not that he wins games as has been the standard goal for all that came before him. This is ludicrous! The tail is wagging the dog! i am sure our next head coach will be selected if he states his goal is to help families and not necessarily to win games!

It seems like he could achieve those same goals in the G-League. Get all the players who don’t want to go to college or who think the G-League is the best one year route straight out of high school (Ron Holland is an example) and help them “achieve their dream”.

Better yet, NBA Africa would be great for Cal! End generational poverty, help families. Cal to NBA Africa.

Oh? None of those jobs come with a $9 million a year salary?

• Love
Reactions: Girthang
I hate it when Cal brings up the "I'm not gonna let you take my joy" crap. It just shows you how selfish the guy is. He doesn't realize that his paychecks are to compete for titles as often as possible. The fans have been miserable for several years because of the crap product he's been trotting out there. What about the fans joy Cal? You know the people without whom there would be no program. Does their joy factor into it anywhere for you?

Reactions: Kyhoward
If Cal doesn’t care about winning then why does he get tossed out of two or three games a year?
Caring about winning and it being your primary focus are two different things. Take this year for example. We were a better team with reeves/rob/reed in the floor at the same time. They didn’t start a single game together or even the half. Cal openly stated he kept two players in the starting lineup all year long so as to not damage their physche. The three R’s played less than 20% of all game time together throughout the season, Just criminal coaching malpractice. All in the name of coaching for the names on the back of the jersey and not the front. Yeah cal said that too. But guess we shouldn’t believe him even though his actions back it up,

Reactions: Kyhoward
openly admitting that he’s not going to put forth his best effort to do his job—which is winning championships for uk—isn’t that showing cause for termination?
imagine telling your employer that “yeah i’ll take your paycheck but i’m not going to fulfill your job description .” jeez

I hate it when Cal brings up the "I'm not gonna let you take my joy" crap. It just shows you how selfish the guy is. He doesn't realize that his paychecks are to compete for titles as often as possible. The fans have been miserable for several years because of the crap product he's been trotting out there. What about the fans joy Cal? You know the people without whom there would be no program. Does their joy factor into it anywhere for you?
"his joy" ... BBN wants to steal his joy? What a load of crap. I think the BBN Collective is tired of having Cal steal OUR JOY. I said this before and once again now, ... Calipari is a sick and twisted man. His priorities aren't about the players but rather him. He's a classic narcissist which is partially defined as follows.
=================================================================
Narcissistic behavior is a personality trait that exists on a spectrum. A person may exhibit varying degrees of traits such as seeking attention, having an inflated sense of self-importance, seeking admiration, and lacking empathy for others. It's important to differentiate between these traits and Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), which is a personality disorder. NPD is characterized by a pattern of grandiosity, an insatiable need for admiration, and a lack of empathy for others, to the point where it significantly impairs a person's functioning and relationships.

Reactions: IFerg1969
How many times does he have to rub that in our face?

Here’s an interview from 8 years ago that’s very telling:

Link: Cal doe$n’t care

How TF do you give a guy making that statement a LIFETIME contract? He gets "no joy" from winning games. He "likes coaching" but really wants to just take credit for the talent of others... Sounds like a parasite rather than a coach.

These young men are going to make money with or without Cal. Period. Bringing them to UK and then NOT developing them, NOT coaching them up, and refusing to give them ALL of the strategic advantages they should have playing here is CRIMINAL.

Instead, he turns the players against the fans, and turns the fans out like intruders.

This video is evidence of the ongoing crime and why he should've been fired when we had a 9 win season. If winning doesn't bring him any joy, then he shouldn't be coaching. Coaching isn't about getting anyone paid. That's an agent's job. Coaching is about developing players and teams, and getting them to play winning basketball, not making them look like they have no idea what they're doing on the court in a game, as we did the last 2.

Reactions: Kyhoward and blubo
It seems like he could achieve those same goals in the G-League. Get all the players who don’t want to go to college or who think the G-League is the best one year route straight out of high school (Ron Holland is an example) and help them “achieve their dream”.

Better yet, NBA Africa would be great for Cal! End generational poverty, help families. Cal to NBA Africa.

Oh? None of those jobs come with a $9 million a year salary?

Yeah, he looked away and had a hard time lying about "the money." Even a really good liar has tells and he nearly chokes on his own spit when he lies about the money. I love the Wildcats, but this guy is a parasite that needs removal. Done with UK Basketball til he's been excised

How TF do you give a guy making that statement a LIFETIME contract? He gets "no joy" from winning games. He "likes coaching" but really wants to just take credit for the talent of others... Sounds like a parasite rather than a coach.

These young men are going to make money with or without Cal. Period. Bringing them to UK and then NOT developing them, NOT coaching them up, and refusing to give them ALL of the strategic advantages they should have playing here is CRIMINAL.

Instead, he turns the players against the fans, and turns the fans out like intruders.

This video is evidence of the ongoing crime and why he should've been fired when we had a 9 win season. If winning doesn't bring him any joy, then he shouldn't be coaching. Coaching isn't about getting anyone paid. That's an agent's job. Coaching is about developing players and teams, and getting them to play winning basketball, not making them look like they have no idea what they're doing on the court in a game, as we did the last 2.
Cal has incriminated himself so many times over the years, and everyone continues to turn the blind eye. This is how you lose your PROGRAM and those guilty continue to make the big salary. It's criminal and they aren't even trying to hide it.

Sounds like a social worker
”My goal is to help families“

“The joy isn’t to win”

Is Kalipairie not an employee of the University of Kentucky?

Does his contract say something akin to “the number of wins does not really matter, you main goal is getting these players to the NBA and your success in doing that will be the determining factor in whether you are successful or not!”

I have often wondered does he care about the 10 or so non-NBA players on his team If his goal is to help families? They will likely not see “generational wealth.” What tangible acts does COW do for them?

Winning is not the goal! UK makes CCC the highest paid coach in college basketball on the basis of he helps families, not that he wins games as has been the standard goal for all that came before him. This is ludicrous! The tail is wagging the dog! i am sure our next head coach will be selected if he states his goal is to help families and not necessarily to win games!

THIS^^^^ is exactly what tells you he's full of it.

When he said this year, "I didn't give up on Justin," he is admitting that was an option for him (which we all know and have seen). WTF kind of coach has an option of "giving up on" a player (especially if this "la familia" like isn't BS)? BUT GIVE UP he absolutely has. There have been many players that get relegated to the bench, EVEN AFTER career best games.

There is NO EARNING of ANY TIME with this egomaniacal politician. All that matters is where you'll go in the draft. THAT'S IT! That's NOT coaching, and it's certainly NOT in the best interests of players that they don't EARN their playing time, because the NBA isn't going to hand it to them as rookies simply because they played a year in college.

The NBA has to hate this guy because he DOES NOTHING for these young men. The team that drafts them STILL has to develop them after a year of poor to no coaching. They still have to learn how to win, because Cal is not a winner and doesn't care about winning in a career that's centered around that very thing.

Sports have winners and lovers. Like it or not, that's the definition. He's just learned that HE SUCKS AT IT, and doesn't want to try anymore.

Reactions: EliteBlue

There's a reason that stang's basketball posts are ignored by so many.

Reactions: EliteBlue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT