ADVERTISEMENT

Cal defenders. Question

How many years of this nonsense before you join the sane and logical portion of the fanbase that has seen what is happening for few seasons now?

Cal is only in the HOF because of Camby and Rose. He won his title because of AD. If he doesn’t have generational talent, he’s useless.

He sure as hell isn’t the HOF for his on court coaching.

He shouldn’t even want to show his face in public with the way his team defends. Especially in bounds plays.

He has no shame, and he’s a clown.
While I agree with you
I would say the majority of coaches in the hall of Fame are there because of the players they coached.
I can't think of any teams that won a title that didn't have great players.

As far as the whole talent conversation..... What is talent based on? Because I sure see a ton of talent in college that never goes on to the NBA. Shabaz Napier for one.. tell me he didn't have as much talent as the 2014 guards on our team. Knecht for UT hasn't been drafted yet, is he not talented? I couldn't care less about NBA talent but to act like we don't face as talented of players yearly is just not accurate

Your are literally spot on, guy is a complete fraud as a basketball coach. Recruiter one of the best of all time since Sam Gilbert. This guy I’ve said since 2015 used car Salesman fn fraud.sadly he will burn this baby down, guy is not a good guy when it comes to how one exits after they have been completely exposed. Hall of famer fn laughable.
at one time I would agree about be a great recruiter, but now it seems that the only he gets the top kids is to promise playing time & starting spots to them & their handlers

The system he runs from offense to defense to one and done players simply no longer works.

Cal bragging on number of players he coached at UK who are in NBA all star game. However the only one of those six who has a national championship ring is Anthony Davis. That is not something to brag about Cal. Lots of talent but no titles or final fours since 2015
The problem is he’s bragging about what he actually cares about not what we care about as fans of UK!!!!

I'm a CATS fan first, and always an optimist when it comes to life in general. While I don't post a ton, I'm sure I could be perceived as a Cal defender because of my optimism. I feel like we have a stretch like this every season where the sky is falling. I do think there's still time to rally the troops and we have some skilled pieces that could potentially put together a run. All that being said, it certainly does feel like this is the beginning of the end for Cal. We have certainly made it tougher on ourselves in March already, as a 4-7 seed looks about where we fall now. If THIS team doesn't make the second weekend (which again isn't the goal), then I think Cal is bought out for sure. If they make an elite eight, there is still going to be the feeling that we came up short as it will make it ten years without a trip to the Final Four. Going to be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.

Cal eats first.

And second.

And Third
breakfast-secondbreakfast.gif

• Haha
Reactions: CatPhight
I’ve been close for a while. Still not all on, but I can tell you I’ve never been for Cal since the horrific season. I’ve even been known to rip his ass on the game threads.

Just need to know where to look! :)
You're far more scolding of Cal's critics than the other way around. Still.

While I agree with you
I would say the majority of coaches in the hall of Fame are there because of the players they coached.
I can't think of any teams that won a title that didn't have great players.

As far as the whole talent conversation..... What is talent based on? Because I sure see a ton of talent in college that never goes on to the NBA. Shabaz Napier for one.. tell me he didn't have as much talent as the 2014 guards on our team. Knecht for UT hasn't been drafted yet, is he not talented? I couldn't care less about NBA talent but to act like we don't face as talented of players yearly is just not accurate
I’m sticking by the generational talent comment.

I’ve defended him for a long time. No more. He’s stealing money for real. I’m nervous on who we’d get but we are stalling as a program and need to move on and take that risk rather than put up with the Same tired BS.
Welcome to the other side! I also took awhile to join the club however listening to Cal's ridiculous post game comments and call in shows just finally made me realize he lives on a different planet than us bennies.

I’ve been close for a while. Still not all on, but I can tell you I’ve never been for Cal since the horrific season. I’ve even been known to rip his ass on the game threads.

Just need to know where to look! :)

I’m like you. I’m usually more patient and not one to live in a perpetual state of outrage over UK basketball because it’s no longer a top priority in my life like it was when I was young.

That said, I was 100 percent riding with Cal until 9-16. I became apathetic to him after St. Peter’s. If he leaves today, I won’t be sad. If he stayed on a few more years, nothing I can do about it so whining is fruitless. In a perfect world I’d love for Cal to turn it all around, but I have lost all confidence in his ability to do that. The game is passing him by and he’s too stubborn to adapt. The man was an innovator. Now, he’s a reactor. That’s a sign he needs to retire.

Matt Jones stirred up a hornets nest on social media.

There are people out there determined to excuse Calipari as a bad coach because they are convinced no one could win here - and they are all attacking Jones on twitter

Reactions: RunninRichie
Yeah because we didn’t see him go head to head a Chaney. UK haters can’t stop being ridiculous.
Ridiculous?

Define the word ridiculous, then obtain your polishing cloth for the following turds.

9-16 - Worst season in UK history
Saint Peters - Worst tournament loss in UK history
Richmond, Evansville, Wilmington all L's in Rupp
1 NCAA win in half a decade

calvis.jpg

Matt Jones stirred up a hornets nest on social media.

There are people out there determined to excuse Calipari as a bad coach because they are convinced no one could win here - and they are all attacking Jones on twitter
Bizzaro world. I think Cal did great things at UK, but I question anyone who’d want him to stick around after the last 3-4 years. If this season ends the way it’s going + Cal is back, look for a very deflated fanbase next year.

How a man with a whooping one title convinced a segment he’s the best ever is beyond me.

It is real hard as an older Kentucky fan to constantly be on this yearly rollercoaster as it has been for some time now.
I have come to accept this new generation of “me” and how much $$ are you paying me.
Not saying I like it, but this environment seems to rushing the retirement of some coaches.
Every year now it is the same thing; we have the best recruiting class; we’re going to really be great; best this, best that; start off against a top team only to lose it at the end; talk about how great we will come March; lose at home to a nobody; start conference play, all sorts of injuries, players not showing up, low effort, drama, fans questioning the coaching.
One big fricking rollercoaster every year.
It seems to be more UK than others. Why is this?

I used to look so excited for game day, now I wonder who the hell is playing and who is injured now.
This is not fun and exciting by no means.
I will always bleed blue but what really hurts is the “hurt” is starting to wane. I don’t care anymore.
Coach Cal has taken us to great heights and in doing so, we seem to be going to great lows more often.
My only hope is the injury bug hits our coach and one of the assistants takes over for a few games.
Maybe the time resting his bruised ego will invigorate him to take this team on a great March run.
Go Big Blue!

Huh? I've never been in this group. No way you can link me anywhere to "I love me some Calipari!!". What you can link me to is being more patient. Nothing wrong with that. I guess those that don't spend all of their waking moments on here bitching about Calipari and clamoring for him to be fired just get clumped into your perceived Nut Hugger Klan.

And yet again, here is another thread to call out people. What's the point? You then go and look like moron for tagging the wrong people in your attempt to embarrass folks into joining a "side". Just don't even understand the purpose of threads like these - essentially straight up baiting threads, but in your quest to look cool, you f*cked up and got the wrong people (at least one - ME) on your "list" of Cal nut huggers you want to expose (again, what is the point?).

You didn't even get any responses, so you go and tag folks to try to bait them into here to argue with you. Just a bizarre behavior (and you got one wrong, I must reiterate).
It's the Calipari inquisition and you've been deemed a Cal lover. Just admit your guilt and accept being burned at the stake.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDude73
Bizzaro world. I think Cal did great things at UK, but I question anyone who’d want him to stick around after the last 3-4 years. If this season ends the way it’s going + Cal is back, look for a very deflated fanbase next year.

How a man with a whooping one title convinced a segment he’s the best ever is beyond me.
the Cal supporters on social media are 3 years behind everyone here.

They're still going with the true fan would stick by the coach and team bs and equate people who are criticizing as fair weather fans who are only around for the wins.

its a very myopic view of the state of Ky Basketball

Ridiculous?

Define the word ridiculous, then obtain your polishing cloth for the following turds.

9-16 - Worst season in UK history
Saint Peters - Worst tournament loss in UK history
Richmond, Evansville, Wilmington all L's in Rupp
1 NCAA win in half a decade

calvis.jpg
Why would I want to polish anything? As if bad losses excuses you people trashing players, making up rumors, and being toxic filth because you don’t like the coach. Get a life and this won’t hurt you to the point of making up lies about 18-19 year olds.

• Haha
Reactions: CatPhight
Why would I want to polish anything? As if bad losses excuses you trashing players, making up rumors,l, and being toxic filth because you don’t like the coach. Get a life and this won’t hurt you to the point of making up lies about 18-19 year olds.
Trashing players? See JFCats (also known as a Calipari apologist)

Bad losses? Bong resin causes brain damage Booby....

Link any post where I lied about anything Booby Blue Balls [laughing]

Get a life? How about a coach? Hell, I'll settle for a game plan - run, go, score...we can't hide you!

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
How many years of this nonsense before you join the sane and logical portion of the fanbase that has seen what is happening for few seasons now?

Cal is only in the HOF because of Camby and Rose. He won his title because of AD. If he doesn’t have generational talent, he’s useless.

He sure as hell isn’t the HOF for his on court coaching.

He shouldn’t even want to show his face in public with the way his team defends. Especially in bounds plays.

He has no shame, and he’s a clown.
I don't trust anything Cal says about the health of any player on this team the man is full of crap.

Why would I want to polish anything? As if bad losses excuses you people trashing players, making up rumors, and being toxic filth because you don’t like the coach. Get a life and this won’t hurt you to the point of making up lies about 18-19 year olds.
Whose sock are you Booby?

Are you ashamed to defend your fair maiden out in the open with your real account?

PuTLWRJ.png

You're far more scolding of Cal's critics than the other way around. Still.
Not because they're critics, but because of their in-your-face incessant style. We know and most agree Cal's time is over. I just don't like the over-the-top reminders from 30 different people (or are they the same?) in 100+ daily new threads on the exact same topic. It's not productive, and I have been known to do the same for the reverse-whining Cal supporters. They just aren't as common, aggressive or in-your-face as the other "side".

I'm not going to sit here and tally up how many hater threads vs. lover threads there are, but I'm sure a quick glance up and down the main page will make my point. And how often even the most neutral, non-Cal thread topic can get derailed by a miserable hater.

Not because they're critics, but because of their in-your-face incessant style. We know and most agree Cal's time is over. I just don't like the over-the-top reminders from 30 different people (or are they the same?) in 100+ daily new threads on the exact same topic. It's not productive, and I have been known to do the same for the reverse-whining Cal supporters. They just aren't as common, aggressive or in-your-face as the other "side".

I'm not going to sit here and tally up how many hater threads vs. lover threads there are, but I'm sure a quick glance up and down the main page will make my point. And how often even the most neutral, non-Cal thread topic can get derailed by a miserable hater.
You have not been known to do the same for cal supporters. You barely give it lip service, and then only when called out for it. You're really not good at this.

You whine about the multiplicity of threads not being productive - why not just go do something else with your time? This forum will still be here when you get back. I notice you participate in a few discussions and then usually just devolve into blasting Cal critics. It's your pattern. We're here to discuss UK BB, what happened and what is going to happen. If that's too much for you, go take a break. You have identified yourself as being on the Cal side of the equation by who you put on blast. We've been going back and forth about this for months and you still haven't changed. Why bother defending it?

It is real hard as an older Kentucky fan to constantly be on this yearly rollercoaster as it has been for some time now.
I have come to accept this new generation of “me” and how much $$ are you paying me.
Not saying I like it, but this environment seems to rushing the retirement of some coaches.
Every year now it is the same thing; we have the best recruiting class; we’re going to really be great; best this, best that; start off against a top team only to lose it at the end; talk about how great we will come March; lose at home to a nobody; start conference play, all sorts of injuries, players not showing up, low effort, drama, fans questioning the coaching.

I used to look so excited for game day, now I wonder who the hell is playing and who is injured now.
I will always bleed blue but what really hurts is the “hurt” is starting to wane. I don’t care anymore.
Coach Cal has taken us to great heights and in doing so, we seem to be going to great lows more often.
My only hope is the injury bug hits our coach and one of the assistants takes over for a few games.
Maybe the time resting his bruised ego will invigorate him to take this team on a great March run.
Go Big Blue!
Nominated for a “Postie”

ImageCompositionServlet

OP, you're going to want to ask:

MdWildcat
Jkwo
Leadbelly
UKbb4ever
Kybassfan
Spamburgerhamburger
Sejonesy
gracetoyou
JamesLee32
Wildcatfaninohio
Chattanoogawildcat
sk73
k14015
Jayce
Kybluedude
Lempface
bluefaithful
JFCats
BBBLazing
Shodaman
MdIUK.1
cats#1again
JonathanW

This list mostly consists of your last pro-Calipari holdouts.

Last edited:
OP your title- Cal defenders. Question
It’s funny because Cal taught his defenders his 2024 defense scheme…. So it’s none existent…..

how you doing Leadbelly?

There's a guy you can add to the "Cal above program" guys
Me? I've never said anything close to that. But I do call out bullshit and goons like yourself.
I've stated several times I'm ready for a change. But to just say he's had more talent because of NBA talent.... I don't really see how that matters in college. It's just another way of piling on negativity and make it sound better for hating cal.
I would take several great college players talent over NBA talent all day

It’s time. Offer him a buyout tonight. Let him take a farewell tour these last few games. If he has an ounce of integrity he will realize it’s the right thing to do. Start fresh next year with Reed, Perry and whoever else wants to stay with a coach that wants to win college basketball games.
I would like to give him a farewell tour on one leg. One up his arse the other hopping on one leg behind him toward the nearest door.

Go Big Blue!
For 43 years I never missed a game on the radio or TV. The last 3 years I find myself not caring whether I watch it or not. The last two games I turned the channel to watch something else during parts of the game.

Reactions: Oldbluefart
I’m like you. I’m usually more patient and not one to live in a perpetual state of outrage over UK basketball because it’s no longer a top priority in my life like it was when I was young.

That said, I was 100 percent riding with Cal until 9-16. I became apathetic to him after St. Peter’s. If he leaves today, I won’t be sad. If he stayed on a few more years, nothing I can do about it so whining is fruitless. In a perfect world I’d love for Cal to turn it all around, but I have lost all confidence in his ability to do that. The game is passing him by and he’s too stubborn to adapt. The man was an innovator. Now, he’s a reactor. That’s a sign he needs to retire.
I never quite understood the whole "Cal Hater" vs "Cal Defender" situation because of the extremes of the two positions. I'm probably considered both a Cal Hater and a Cal Defender depending on who is judging me.

This post perfectly describes where I sit at the moment. I watch every game cheering for a win. I take a gut punch every time they lose...but understand that we can't win every game. The results since 2020 are unacceptable...no other way to look at it really. I have lost confidence in Calipari's ability to find an answer and his desire to do so. In my mind, he is riding out his time...collecting a check. When his time comes to step away from the program, I will not be sad.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT