ADVERTISEMENT

Cal clearly took this game personally

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
Before the season, reports came out that Oats was telling recruits they shouldn’t go to Kentucky because of the archaic offense that Cal had run the last several years.

We have 92 with 11 minutes left and currently up by 33.

Why can’t we have pissed off Cal all the time???

Before the season, reports came out that Oats was telling recruits they shouldn’t go to Kentucky because of the archaic offense that Cal had run the last several years.

Unless Cal is the one wearing number 1, don't think blowout is because of him

What did he do different today? Tell Edwards to go 10-10 and drop 28?

Dudes an arrogant prick, tbh. Ducks when UK loses---but when they win? Oh he parades to the podium....He'll give a three hour speech on how great he is----and in the same breath, poke at the fan base.

We blew out Auburn and all of a sudden he was on cloud nine. He was in Indianapolis at the NBA shows instead of with the team preparing for LSU.

I personally don’t think he’s as bad of a coach as people say. I think he gets arrogant and complacent. I hope he can stay focused the rest of the way and give us a shot at #9.

We blew out Auburn and all of a sudden he was on cloud nine. He was in Indianapolis at the NBA shows instead of with the team preparing for LSU.

I personally don’t think he’s as bad of a coach as people say. I think he gets arrogant and complacent. I hope he can stay focused the rest of the way and give us a shot at #9.
Yup.

His biggest problem is he is complacent and comfortable. He has no fire. He expects his teams to “out talent” everyone so he doesn’t have to work hard.

Yup.

His biggest problem is he is complacent and comfortable. He has no fire. He expects his teams to “out talent” everyone so he doesn’t have to work hard.
He has zero fire unless a coach he doesn't like runs his mouth. Then he gets serious.
People that say Cal can't coach are wrong. You don't win at UMASS unless you can coach.
He got a fat contract and lost all desire to coach. It's as simple as that.

We need this Cal more often. He’ll go limp after this game.

ELLEN SAYS

Youre Wrong In Your Face GIF by Loryn Powell

• Haha
Reactions: blubo
Cal used to those first 7 seasons, but now he only pops up every now and then. It's those LSU, A&M and UNC Wilmington games that have KILLED us in every way.

SAD

Last edited:
Reactions: FiveStarCatFan
I don't think there is any love lost between those 2. That's for sure! Didn't he make some remark back in the 2021-22 season, got beat to a short handed UK team that year?

Jmo but cal absolutely can't stand the thought of losing to two guys: oats and muss. You watch him coach in games vs those guys and he just has a different edge

What did he do different today? Tell Edwards to go 10-10 and drop 28?

Dudes an arrogant prick, tbh. Ducks when UK loses---but when they win? Oh he parades to the podium....He'll give a three hour speech on how great he is----and in the same breath, poke at the fan base.
After Z went in a few minutes later he had Ugo at the table. Ready to pull Z, probably for the rest of the day and Z scored a basket and he pulled Ugo back.

It's scary. He still played DJ too much and he went 1 for 7 but it didn't matter today like at LSU. Yet somehow Cal praised DJ in the post-game and said we lost at LSU cause he didn't play him enough in the second half.🙄

This game wasn't any different than any other game this season.

We scored 117 because we shot an insanely high % and Bama likes to run and we like to run. Each team is not great on defense too so that helps.

Cal's feelings on Nate Oats didn't make Edwards go insane from the field lol.

He has zero fire unless a coach he doesn't like runs his mouth. Then he gets serious.
People that say Cal can't coach are wrong. You don't win at UMASS unless you can coach.
He got a fat contract and lost all desire to coach. It's as simple as that.
The end results are the same, whether you can't coach or won't coach.

Cal just shows everyone he will do what he pleases, when he pleases.

He is like a petulant child. He got called out in the media this week and "decided" to play his best players together that he hasn't been playing because he had an "epiphany ".

Must have read the Benny board on who needs to be playing when he had that "epiphany ".

Good for Cal for finally finding the balls to play the right players. Notice he said in his presser he got a lot of "pushback" when he announced he was playing Z.

Pushback from whom?? Hmmmm. I thought Cal said HE was king. Is he just another puppet in a position of power that has his strings pulled by someone else?? Which media member will have the balls to ask the followup question?

Who gave you pushback on playing Z? Some of the players?? If so, that could be part of the problems we are seeing with this team.
Some of the assistant coaches??? Why? Recruiting commitments made??

Heaven forbid it was outside handlers that gave him pushback on who to play.

Some media member needs to ask the question, WHO PUSHED BACK ON THE KING FOR PLAYING Z???

I didn't see Cal making shots for our players. ;)

We do, he is pissed off at us fans most of the time

After Z went in a few minutes later he had Ugo at the table. Ready to pull Z, probably for the rest of the day and Z scored a basket and he pulled Ugo back.

It's scary. He still played DJ too much and he went 1 for 7 but it didn't matter today like at LSU. Yet somehow Cal praised DJ in the post-game and said we lost at LSU cause he didn't play him enough in the second half.🙄
TBH, I think Cal "over thinks" to much----And doesn't trust his "gut". Or trust his kids, UNLESS that kid happens to be a DJ type of kid.

This team should not be so bad defensively. MOF, they should be very good AT worse, and possibly ELITE. When this team was assembled, my first thought was--"Oh, boy---Cal has the dudes to have one of those teams(defensively). Its amazing how bad they are(defense). Its why I don't trust this group to get deep in the NCAAT. Not unless the defense is shored up---And in a big way. Offense is great. And when UK is clicking, I mean forget about it--not stopping them. But when its not? Well...……………………………...This team could get to a FF, and IMO, easily, if they were just an average, Top 50'ish type team defensively. The offense is just that good.

Lol. HL had an article about possible Oats dress rehearsal and ESPN. Labeled Cal most overrated coach in history (no coach doing less with more) ........ been a rough time for Cal I'm sure he did tske it really personally his skin is about as thick as tissue paper. An that kindcof stuff would rattle anyone

Reactions: kywildcat41086
This game wasn't any different than any other game this season.

We scored 117 because we shot an insanely high % and Bama likes to run and we like to run. Each team is not great on defense too so that helps.

Cal's feelings on Nate Oats didn't make Edwards go insane from the field lol.

A 1000 times this. Maybe Cal did less bone headed subbing but he didn't do crap to make Edwards pitch a perfect game and everyone hit most of their shots.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
I remember Cal at UMASS in his younger years.... He used to take EVERY game personally. That is the Cal I want to see the rest of this season!
Why stop with that request. You should also want a million dollars. My guess is you won't get either one.

The differance between this game and others games is that on help defense we didn't pinch down on drives we stayed home and didn't leave their perimeter players wide open, we did give up a lot of dunks and easy twos but not a lot of killer threes. Iv'e been saying this all season. Todays game is mostly about the three ballgame

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT