ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Springsteen: Knock yourselves out.

I like his album after BITUSA. Tunnel of Love. The one with Brilliant Disguise. Some real gems on there. Never saw him live. He's lost a lot of people over the years due to being so outspoken politically. Billy Joel says he stays out of politics publicly as you lose half your audience.
Really weird that Springsteen and Mellencamp who seem to be "working class hero" singers are for anything but with their politics. Still, I don't care about politics with singers. Just make a good song. Mellencamp beats "the boss" in spades in that regard.

Reactions: christophero
If you want to be pretentious with Springsteen, you claim that Nebraska is your fav Boss album. The River, Darkness on the Edge of Town, and Born to Run are my favorites.

Reactions: christophero
Bruce Springsteen is a national treasure.

bunch of try hard fat-kid booger eaters.

Really weird that Springsteen and Mellencamp who seem to be "working class hero" singers are for anything but with their politics. Still, I don't care about politics with singers. Just make a good song. Mellencamp beats "the boss" in spades in that regard.

Yep. They should be more like Kid Rock. He is definitely a working class hero. GTFO with that political nonsense moron

Yep. They should be more like Kid Rock. He is definitely a working class hero. GTFO with that political nonsense moron
Your opinion. And my opinion is "the boss" sucks. Sorry you can't handle it. And if you were into comprehension, I did say I don't care about politics when it comes to singers. Now I did not say all Bruce's songs suck. I really like I'm on Fire and My Hometown. Other than that, he is extremely overrated. But that's MY opinion. Sorry we don't live in your perfect robotic world.

BTW, I'm not even a big Kid Rock fan. BTW, give me his Grits Sandwiches for Breakfast as my favorite album if his. But I'm sure you only heard his "recent" stuff.

Nope. Listened to Yodelin in the Valley back in the middle school days.

Rock is a spoiled son of a large car deal from Michigan.

Again, YOU brought politics up. So sorry Bruce campaigned for Obama.

Nope. Listened to Yodelin in the Valley back in the middle school days.

Rock is a spoiled son of a large car deal from Michigan.

Again, YOU brought politics up. So sorry Bruce campaigned for Obama.
Mellencamp could've campaigned for Obama and "the boss" still can't sniff his jock. Mellencamp is a good one. Bruce is terrible.

Anyone going to Dylan at the Palace in March?

And the fact that the pre-sale code is energy is quite ironic.

Last edited:
79280df2-e382-4522-85c8-24bea3dbf876_text.gif

Here's the thing about the politics. I probably disagree with it more than I agree with it. I've seen him 13 times and the only thing I would know about his politics from his shows is that he is against people having to be hungry. It's been the same 45 second speech every time about trying to raise money and there would be people collecting outside for non-government food banks. Then back to the show. Now Roger Waters is another story. Saw him at the YUM Center last time he was there. I don't need him to take all of the energy out of a show that was going good so some idiot that has never flown a blimp inside a building could fly a pig blimp around the arena that said Trumps a Pig.

RIP Adele

Last edited:
I like them both

Well the one time I saw him he was alternating between "Thunder Road" and "Born in the USA" as an encore. The show I went to got "Thunder Road" and there were people around me when the show was over that said the entire show was ruined he didn't play "Born in the USA'.

I do feel those people were stupid
Last time I saw him he was alternating encores between Thunder Road and Dream Baby Dream, it did not end well for us that night.

Bruce Springsteen is a national treasure.

bunch of try hard fat-kid booger eaters.
If I EVER had a scintilla of doubt, with respect to my opionon of (chuckle) "The Boss", this completely set my mind at ease; IOW I now KNOW, w/o a doubt, that I'm spot on.

Look, the entire Born in the USA album except for Bobby Jean sucked. I've seen him 13 times. I don't defend that album. It's loved by the masses more than it is Springsteen fans. It's kind of sad that it's his best known album.

That album was written for the time frame....early 80's was tough for many, and he did evolve it over to a more diverse listening audience, thus one of the world's biggest tours ever was a result. Best known because of the tour and it had 7 huge singles. Downbound Train is one of his top 10 songwriting pieces.

Reactions: Glenn's take
He can take his speedball and attempt at political influence and shove it up his arse, but you could pick out ten of his best hits and have a pretty good Greatest Hits album to listen to.

Born to Run My Hometown
One step up The River
Brilliant disguise Streets of Philadelphia
Atlantic city Born in the USA
Tunnel of Love I'm on Fire

Well, maybe.....

I'll get things started. I saw Bruce in Oakland, CA in the Fall of 1985

That concert was the longest month of my life. It felt like Groundhog Day.

I welcome comments.
I saw Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at the McCauley Theatre in Louisville in 1975.
The Dave Brubeck Quartet opened the show.
Springsteen and band played for nearly four (4) hours. Clarence Clemons was quite memorable.
It was a good show, but I've never been a fan of Springsteen's music. We can't all like the same things.

NOTE: The longest concert of my life was Paul McCartney & Wings in Cincinnati in 1976.
It was a very solid four (4) hours.

Saw him solo at The Palace in Louisville, back in the 90's. Ghost of Tom Joad tour, he didn't let The Palace sell alcohol.
I really like some of songs and some are just awful (Born in the USA) but I guess that's pretty much every artist.

This has to be one of the biggest “Ive seen _____ live” flexes ever. That is awesome.
How about Alice in Chains opening for Iggy Pop at the Vogue in Louisville about a week after Man in the Box came out. Even if you live in Louisville you may not remember the Vogue. They showed Rocky Horror Picture Show if that tells you how small it was.

No kidding. That's exactly what I was thinking. LOL

I DID see Count Basie, at the Singletary Center circa 1981/2, that's about as good as I can do.
I saw Itzhak Perlman at Singletary a few years ago. I knew I was in the presence of greatness … you could feel it !!

Last edited:
I saw Michael Jackson in a stadium in Nice, France in 88 or 89.
FTMFW!!!!!
Between Prince and MJ, who do you prefer ?? I never saw either one, but I prefer Prince, realizing MJ’s greatness. Prince’s music and style suit me better … especially his guitar-playing.

I’ll take both over Springsteen, however. 😎

Last edited:
Between Prince and MJ, who do you prefer ?? I never saw either one, but I prefer Prince, realizing MJ’s greatness. Prince’s music and style suit me better … especially his guitar-playing.

Love both of them.
But I still remember that concert being one of the most entertaining experiences of my life. Yea I will say it.

Breaks my heart I will never be able to see Prince.

Reactions: megablue
Love both of them.
But I still remember that concert being one of the most entertaining experiences of my life. Yea I will say it.

Breaks my heart I will never be able to see Prince.
I totally understand. I really regret never seeing David Bowie and Steve Marriott.

It also shows your lack of understanding when he wrote the song and used speedball.

My bad, I forgot that you were born in the late 40's, and grew up in New Jersey.

But then again, according to Bruce's cousin, nobody called it a speedball in that time and context, except for "The Boss"

Here is a quote from the article linked below:

"Yes, Springsteen played baseball in Freehold. No, Cashion does not know why his cousin called a fastball a “speedball” in the hit “Glory Days.”

“That's Bruce," he said. "I don't know why he did that. Nobody else called it a speedball except him in that song.”

So, tell me again how wrong I am.

Don't ever think your bully act is going to work with HK, because, to be frank, you're in over your head when it comes to me.

https://www.app.com/story/entertain...e-borough-recalled-in-new-memoir/69949680007/

Last edited:
Never was my cup of tea. His tunes were poppy soft rock to me.

My mom is a huge fan and that terrible Born In the USA album was in heavy rotation in my household for years. I’ve grown to hate it.
I don't mind some poppy soft rock like Bryan Adams, Foreigner, Hooty and the Blowfish or Genesis but I would rather have my ears cleaned with rusty razor wire as listen to anything Springsteen does. He is worse than any of the bro country guys.

Prince doing Purple Rain in the middle of a pouring rain during the Super Bowl, after being advised that he could be electrocuted playing a guitar in the rain, was still the greatest halftime show ever in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT