ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Springsteen: Knock yourselves out.

-Springsteen is the Hemingway of singer songwriters.

^pretending to be something his isn't, simplistic/banal... worshiped by folks that don't know any better. All hat no cattle, as the man said.

-he's a homeless man's Billy Bragg, a pimple on Warren Zevons ass. He wishes he was half the man Gordon Lightfoot was. He can't carry Elvis Costello's jock strap.

-speedball, FOH.

-Springsteen is the Hemingway of singer songwriters.

^pretending to be something his isn't, simplistic/banal... worshiped by folks that don't know any better. All hat no cattle, as the man said.

-he's a homeless man's Billy Bragg, a pimple on Warren Zevons ass. He wishes he was half the man Gordon Lightfoot was. He can't carry Elvis Costello's jock strap.

-speedball, FOH.
Why don’t you both tell us how you really feel about the man known as “The Boss”.

One of the earliest cassettes that I bought as a wee lad was “Born in the USA” which had “I’m on Fire” on it. To this day whenever I hear it I sing that cheesy ass song as loud as I can.

Reactions: Keeping the faith

Well the one time I saw him he was alternating between "Thunder Road" and "Born in the USA" as an encore. The show I went to got "Thunder Road" and there were people around me when the show was over that said the entire show was ruined he didn't play "Born in the USA'.

I do feel those people were stupid

Well the one time I saw him he was alternating between "Thunder Road" and "Born in the USA" as an encore. The show I went to got "Thunder Road" and there were people around me when the show was over that said the entire show was ruined he didn't play "Born in the USA'.

I do feel those people were stupid

They probably also think that the song is Patriotic and blast it on the 4th of July. Same people that play Dolly’s “I will always Love You” at weddings.

I see a common theme between the two threads.

BTW, I note you did not start a separate Wiggles thread. Nuff said!
I’ve had three children go through their respective Wiggles phases. The only two Wiggles worth a damn were the original Yellow one (Greg?) and the blue one (Anthony). The other two were just white noise. Pretending to play the guitar and keyboards… Wake up, Jeff. You suck.

Greg got so much soccer mom poontang that his back gave out on him and Anthony must run and fund the whole scene because he’s still with them.

For a short time there was a hot female redhead who sang with them. She was a nice change.

Someday, imma make sure that my future grandkids stick to Yo Gabba Gabba.

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
I grossly exaggerate my dislike for Springsteen, it's just something I do to irritate people who worship him. Same for Hemingway. Listen to what you like.

Last edited:
Hated Springsteen ever since a road trip to Buffalo NY while in College and the guy driving insisted on playing Bruce the ENTIRE way.
"He could throw that speedball by ya, make ya look like a fool boy.." Who the hell ever heard of a pitch called a SPEEDball? There is no such thing. Don't act like you know something about baseball then throw that out there for the masses.

Reactions: warrior-cat
I’ve had three children go through their respective Wiggles phases. The only two Wiggles worth a damn were the original Yellow one (Greg?) and the blue one (Anthony). The other two were just white noise. Pretending to play the guitar and keyboards… Wake up, Jeff. You suck.

Greg got so much soccer mom poontang that his back gave out on him and Anthony must run and fund the whole scene because he’s still with them.

For a short time there was a hot female redhead who sang with them. She was a nice change.

Someday, imma make sure that my future grandkids stick to Yo Gabba Gabba.
Didn’t she break up Springsteen’s marriage?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...eimage&form=rc2idp&selectedindex=0&vt=1&sim=1

Really liked Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town and The River albums. Born in the USA album was kind of the start of my lagging enthusiasm. Really haven't listened much to his material after those 4 albums. Saw him on the River tour in Rupp - really a high energy, 3+ hour concert that was immensely entertaining. When he walked offstage (finally), I really felt like you could see that he didn't want to leave. My tastes changed by mid-80s and I never really continued to buy into the schtick that he was a working class guy driving all night looking for Wendy. When he got overtly political, I dismissed him. Don't care one iota of what entertainers think about the issues of the day so using his concert platform to preach about issues was a huge turnoff. The few clips of live performances I've seen over the past 10+ years, it appears that some of his onstage antics are choreographed/practiced and he doesn't seem nearly as genuine as when I saw him live a million years ago. The lone concert I saw, he seemed to be having a helluva time and was just doing what the music drove him to do. Nowadays, much of the interactions between the crowd/band seem scripted. JMHO

I don't dislike him and still listen to cuts off those 4 albums. But, he's probably not even top 30 on my list of artists I care to listen to. Certainly after 50 years, the moniker 'The Boss' seems overblown.

Reactions: Cabo Blue
Hated Springsteen ever since a road trip to Buffalo NY while in College and the guy driving insisted on playing Bruce the ENTIRE way.
"He could throw that speedball by ya, make ya look like a fool boy.." Who the hell ever heard of a pitch called a SPEEDball? There is no such thing. Don't act like you know something about baseball then throw that out there for the masses.
Even worse was the MTV video of that song with Bruce on the mound acting like a pitcher.

Turrible, just turrible.

I'll take "Fraud" for $500 Alex.

Make sure he doesn't throw that "speedball" by ya...

Pedo lyrics.

Hey little girl is your daddy home?

nbc_hanson_chris_051107.jpg

Born in the USA is a horrible song.
My buddy said a band usually only has 3-4 good albums in them. The River may have even been a bridge too far. But, when an audiences finally realizes a band/artist is good, that next album sells like crazy, most times undeservedly.

Look, the entire Born in the USA album except for Bobby Jean sucked. I've seen him 13 times. I don't defend that album. It's loved by the masses more than it is Springsteen fans. It's kind of sad that it's his best known album.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
I'll get things started. I saw Bruce in Oakland, CA in the Fall of 1985

That concert was the longest month of my life. It felt like Groundhog Day.

I welcome comments.

Really liked Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town and The River albums. Born in the USA album was kind of the start of my lagging enthusiasm. Really haven't listened much to his material after those 4 albums. Saw him on the River tour in Rupp - really a high energy, 3+ hour concert that was immensely entertaining. When he walked offstage (finally), I really felt like you could see that he didn't want to leave. My tastes changed by mid-80s and I never really continued to buy into the schtick that he was a working class guy driving all night looking for Wendy. When he got overtly political, I dismissed him. Don't care one iota of what entertainers think about the issues of the day so using his concert platform to preach about issues was a huge turnoff. The few clips of live performances I've seen over the past 10+ years, it appears that some of his onstage antics are choreographed/practiced and he doesn't seem nearly as genuine as when I saw him live a million years ago. The lone concert I saw, he seemed to be having a helluva time and was just doing what the music drove him to do. Nowadays, much of the interactions between the crowd/band seem scripted. JMHO

I don't dislike him and still listen to cuts off those 4 albums. But, he's probably not even top 30 on my list of artists I care to listen to. Certainly after 50 years, the moniker 'The Boss' seems overblown.
Saw him in Rupp winter of 84 ( or 85 ??). I recall he closed the concert with " Santa Claus is coming to town " with the lights on .. it was wildly entertaining and I say it's my all time favorite , or close ,. Just good fun .. anymore the guy has went off the rails and hasnt produced anything noteworthy in what seems like forever .

I like his album after BITUSA. Tunnel of Love. The one with Brilliant Disguise. Some real gems on there. Never saw him live. He's lost a lot of people over the years due to being so outspoken politically. Billy Joel says he stays out of politics publicly as you lose half your audience.

Reactions: SkyPrince1
I like his album after BITUSA. Tunnel of Love. The one with Brilliant Disguise. Some real gems on there. Never saw him live. He's lost a lot of people over the years due to being so outspoken politically. Billy Joel says he stays out of politics publicly as you lose half your audience.
Brilliant Disguise and The River are my favorites.
Growing up in South central KY, it was always Mellencamp>>>>Springsteen.

Reactions: christophero
Never was my cup of tea. His tunes were poppy soft rock to me.

My mom is a huge fan and that terrible Born In the USA album was in heavy rotation in my household for years. I’ve grown to hate it.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Never was my cup of tea. His tunes were poppy soft rock to me.

My mom is a huge fan and that terrible Born In the USA album was in heavy rotation in my household for years. I’ve grown to hate it.
Yeah, way overplayed. As I noted above, B2R is the one I listen to if I play BS songs. I do like that album. The rest gets little to zero airplay on the iPod.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT