ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Hood tried to tell us

That reminds me of Bill Curry. His assistant coaches at Alabama made him look good and when they didn’t follow him to Kentucky he couldn’t make it without them.
It helped to have all 4 and 5 stars on his roster at Bama. He had a roster full of 2 stars here. Either way he was a terrible HC. Tried to make Tim Couch into a running QB. Brilliant.

Coach Cal throws shade at some of the players while playing favorites with his picks, especially if the kid is from Kentucky. He did it with Darius Miller, Derek Willis and Reed. Dominique wasn’t starter good so Cal didn’t do it to him much. No wonder Mr Hood didn’t like or respect Cal because he NEVER gave his son a shot.

Great assistants are a given in any successful program and any sport. It’s no different than a business executive surrounding himself with people smarter than him. The fall off for Calipari has been so obvious since Robic left. It’s simply over. The only question is when we start seeing legitimate movement.

Coach Cal throws shade at some of the players while playing favorites with his picks, especially if the kid is from Kentucky. He did it with Darius Miller, Derek Willis and Reed. Dominique wasn’t starter good so Cal didn’t do it to him much. No wonder Mr Hood didn’t like or respect Cal because he NEVER gave his son a shot.
Darius miller won the 2012 for KY best player in crunch time on the team

How so???? The guy was spot on and you can’t see that I think it’s time for you to receive some type of help to understand exactly what Hood is saying.
“He never had it “ all I need to hear. Hood wasn’t good enough to play here and him and his dad need to shut up and appreciate Cal even allowing him to wear the jersey. What losers they both are.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: catben and Mike-D
Spot on from Mr. Hood. Calipari needs an experienced coach again like Robic for game prep and that can adequately break down film.

People told us a lot earlier than that. Remember the pissed-off Memphis fan who kept hanging around here fifteen years ago with the username @weused2luvhim

And how much we used to make fun of him because he was so butthurt?

Yep. Turns out that joke was on us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: deep3 and Fox2monk
“He never had it “ all I need to hear. Hood wasn’t good enough to play here and him and his dad need to shut up and appreciate Cal even allowing him to wear the jersey. What losers they both are.
He wasn’t a superstar but he could have been a decent piece had he been developed. Instead he sat on the bench his entire time here. Cal even developed Dom Hawkins better than him.

People told us a lot earlier than that. Remember the pissed-off Memphis fan who kept hanging around here fifteen years with the username @weused2luvhim

And how much we used to make fun of him because he was so butthurt?

Yep. Turns out that joke was on us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Winning cures all, I really think Cal had it rolling here but after he won his title he didn’t care as much. 2015 gave him the drive back but that was destroyed when he got out coached in the final 4. After getting screwed in 2017, and being out coached again in 2018/2019 then Covid happened. That totally broke him and he became a social worker and not a coach anymore.

I want to know what happened to that UMass version of Cal. They were great and well coached. Was he relying heavily on assistants back then? Did he ride Marcus Camby to a near title like he was able to with Anthony Davis? I don't remember the rest of the UMass players being high level, but they played great as a team. No where near as talented as AD's supporting cast. This was back before he started running the stupid DDMO. That worked early on here when he had elite level recruits. These days there are no elites coming here that can run that offense successfully.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT