ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Knight

Good for him. Guy was clutch in the tournament and has done pretty well on the next level.

He needs to give me like a mill or something then. Lol. Brandon had one of the prettiest shots Ive ever seen by s uk player

Reactions: Uk1111 and Jazzycat
this is probably going to piss some folks off. this is the type of success cal means...but what about legacy!!!!!

Great for Knight. But this is why we had a lockout the last time around and why there will be another one at the next possible chance. Non-elite guys getting elite money. Owners never learn, they just can't resist overpaying year-after-year.

He needs to give me like a mill or something then. Lol. Brandon had one of the prettiest shots Ive ever seen by s uk player

I think he is the most forgotten and under appreciated player of the Calipari era. Was VERY gifted. Could catch and pop, and could take you off the dribble. Was very bright and had a leadership quality on the floor. Cool under pressure and always had composure. My favorite guard (yes even over Wall) of the Cal era. I take him over Wall for one reason and one reason only…….shooting.

Aaron Craft was considered one of the elite defenders in the country and Knight tuned him in the NCAA's. Was a beautiful thing.

Reactions: Jazzycat
All the "good" players are going to get ridicoulous money from now on guys! It is because of the NBA revenue sharing and the huge new TV contract coming up. Smart owners are locking up the "good" players because of this fact.

Go Big Blue!

I love Knight. But no way he deserves this payday. They should fire anyone responsible for even thinking about offering him this kind of money.

Congratulations Brandon Knight, if the owners want to pay you that much they must think your worth it[cheers]

Who are you guys going to give the money to? The NBA cap is about to jump to $90 mil+. Lots of guys are about to get paid. Knight was almost an all star last year.

Knight was averaging about 17-18 points and 5.5 assists...he is doing the combo guard thing pretty well in the league so far. He is only like 23 years old as well, nowhere near his prime. This is his big 2nd contract. The guy is worth that with the new salary cap. The new cap may help the bigger market teams and the already established teams get good/stay good, so not sure I like it all that much even though I'm a Lakers' fan. Of course, if the Lakers were good at present I'd love it I'm sure. It is just going to be tougher, even for the Lakers, to get good fast with it this way but once they do...should be good most, if not every year.

I get the remarks seem above, but Brandon Knight is very underrated. He's only going to get better and I see that happening within the next 1-3 yrs.

Great for Knight. But this is why we had a lockout the last time around and why there will be another one at the next possible chance. Non-elite guys getting elite money. Owners never learn, they just can't resist overpaying year-after-year.
Overpaying right now isn't a huge issue as the new collective-bargaining agreement will bump the salary cap way up. What looks like-overpaying now will be viewed in a much more friendly light starting with the 2016 season.

Good for Brandon. And yeah, the money looks skewed, but the NBA is flush with money after the new TV contract so they don't care. And what should we care who gets what contract? None of our business. Like you'd get offered a job and insist they pay you less because you don't think you're worth it. HA.

I hope he peels off a chunk of change for charity like Cousins and Wall did!

anybody suggesting this is overpaying is off their rockers and has no awareness for economics, profits, and even less understanding for who is allowed to determine worth - the employer.

In 1994, the Milwaukee Bucks signed Glenn Robinson to a 7 year, 70 million dollar contract, without having ANY professional experience. Again, that was 1994 dollars. Today the DOW frequents almost 5 times what it averaged that year. By the time Brandon's contract is complete it will be more than a quarter century since Glen Robinson made 7 million a year off the Bucks and people on this board will still be saying he (Brandon) was overpaid. idiots

My favorite guard of the Calipari era. Smart, always looking to dish to the open guy, did not turn the ball over, clutch shooter, 4.0 student. Glad to see him getting rewarded for his work ethic and heady play.

Sarcasm meter is non-existent. People worry me.

As I have written many times on this board, it is very simple to identify which posters have never indulged a legitimate work of fiction / serious literature.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT