ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Garrison commits to Kentucky

From the Okie State website:

2023-24 (Freshman):
Freshman center went straight into the fire, appearing in all 32 games and starting each of the last 29 against a gauntlet of a veteran big men in the nation’s toughest conference… Averaged 7.5 points and 5.3 rebounds in 22.7 minutes… Ranked among the Big 12 leaders in blocks per game (5th, 1.47)… 47 total blocks were the fifth-most ever by an OSU freshman… 58.9% field goal percentage (91-of-159) was also fourth-best all-time among OSU rookies with at least 80 makes… Dunked a team-high 22 times… Ramped up his productivity during conference play, averaging 9.9 points and a team-high 5.1 rebounds in 25.8 minutes… Per KenPom, posted the league’s highest free throw rate during conference play at 71.6 (68 FTA, 95 FGA)… One of just six Big 12 freshmen (along with Eric Dailey Jr.) who were on the floor for more than half of their team’s overall minutes (56.1%)… Registered all three of his 20-point games against Big 12 competition – two of them versus nationally-ranked opponents… Scored a season-high 21 on 7-of-8 shooting to key an upset of No. 19 BYU (Feb. 17)… Scored 20 in his Big 12 debut against No. 18 Baylor without missing a shot, going 7-for-7 from the field while sinking all six of his free throw tries… Keyed a win over West Virginia (Jan. 27) with 20 points on 6-of-8 shooting… Blocked a personal-best six shots against Houston Christian (Nov. 24) and swatted five in the Big 12 Championship opener against UCF (Mar. 12)… Logged his first collegiate double-double against South Carolina State (11 points, 10 rebounds) on New Year’s Eve.

From 247:

An Oklahoma native and former McDonald's All-American, Garrison averaged 7.5 points, 5.3 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.5 blocks, and 0.8 steals in 22.6 minutes per game, starting 29 of 32 contests.

While he was generously listed at 6-foot-11, after measuring in at closer to 6-foot-8 in high school, Garrison provides size, length, and a sturdy interior presence. He can executive defensive coverages and offensive sets alike and is typically credited for his good awareness on both ends of the floor.

Misc:

Height: 6-11
Weight: 245

Looking at the stat lines he had a handful of great games, but also had games he barely made it into the box score. Young guy and available for three more seasons. Hope he's so good though that he is a lottery pick next season though (lol). 247 had him as a 4-star 95 grade.

I have not really seen him play much ball though personally, so I am stuck reading and wondering.
++ Rim protector compared to Osobor. Pope has to feel good about his offensive weapons and size at the 4 and 5 with Carr and Williams. Harrison started in the Big 12 so he’ll really push for minutes. Needed a defensive big and Garrison was clearly ready to commit. Oh well on Osobor I guess, but Pope seems to be taking a ton of consideration with the roster rebuild. The balance is really shaping up nicely.

im horny GIF
Daffy arms going fall off today!

Worst would be if we lost Great to little brother. If we do lose him, hopefully it is to Wash or Texas Tech.

If Goodman is wrong he moves up even further on the list of UK haters. What could have went wrong. Osobor has been hanging out here for over two days. Is it money or something else that happened?
It wouldn’t be money. If Osbor was “out” it would only be because Car and Williams are the starters and Osbor wouldn’t want to be a backup even if he got 26 mpg. Carr over Osobor is the right call for Pope’s system. But you can’t force someone to take a Bench role no matter how much playing time they’d still get

But like I said we are not out as of right now. Who knows if he decides he’s out later though

It wouldn’t be money. If Osbor was “out” it would only be because Car and Williams are the starters and Osborn wouldn’t want to be a backup even if he got 26 mpg. Carr over Osobor is the right call for Pope’s system. But you can’t force someone to take a Bench role no matter how much playing time they’d still get

But like I said we are not out as of right now. Who knows if he decides he’s out later though
Osobor would start wherever he goes IMO.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Oklahoma State freshman Brandon Garrison, a former McDonald's All American, entered the transfer portal Monday morning.

Garrison's departure comes less than a week after coach Mike Boynton was fired after seven seasons. Boynton signed three McDonald's All Americans during his time in Stillwater, with Garrison following No. 1 NBA draft pick Cade Cunningham and Bryce Thompson, who just finished his fourth season with the Cowboys.

A 6-foot-11 center from Oklahoma City, Garrison started 29 games as a freshman for Oklahoma State, averaging 7.5 points, 5.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocks. He showed flashes of his potential throughout Big 12 play, scoring 20 points against Baylor and 21 points against BYU.

Garrison was ranked No. 42 in the ESPN 100 for the Class of 2023, the No. 5 center in the class. When he committed to Oklahoma State in the summer of 2022, he chose the Cowboys over a list of finalists that also included Kansas, Texas and Arkansas.

Garrison is a Center all the way....not a PF. So I don't think this imapct Osobor.

Dude is 6'11 250 lbs and has not shot a three point shot in college....he's a pure Center.

7 pts, 5 boards, 1.5 blocks (which is really his best skill) 57% FG 65%FT in only 22 min a game.

I see this as he backs up this year and starting Center in 2025.

When people write about “backing” someone I hope they have looked at Pope’s usual habits of using players. Significant minutes go 9 deep. The bench contributes a lot. They aren’t there just to give the starters a breather.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Goodman hated Cal. He loves pope. Will take some getting used to especially for the more emotionally vulnerable wildcat fans.
Lol it isn't hate. It's hits on his sites and attention. He understands how social media works and the more hits he gets the more he can show his value and more attention he gets. It's being an attention wh**e not UK hate

2-3 years from a McDonald’s all American center? Yeah that’s building a team and continuity. Trying to get away from replacing 7-8 players each season I’m all for it!

That’s too logical. I’m gonna need you to freak out that Garrison scared Osobor off or get out!!!

I’m joking, I’m with ya brother!

If Osbor was “out” it would only be because Car and Williams are the starters and Osbor wouldn’t want to be a backup even if he got 26 mpg.
You keep saying this but no one in any world would ever try to bring an 18 and 9 guy off the bench. Not even Cal is dumb enough to do that. Whatever happened or didn’t happen, that didn’t happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT