ADVERTISEMENT

Boycott of UK

Sounds good, but will never happen. There's 30,000 reta- I mean people in a facebook group called ''TRUE KENTUCKY FANS NO HATERS NO BASHERS''. And one of the questions when joining is ''do you support coach cal''. And ''negative'' posts against Cal is met with a swift ban. We're so ****ed. Half the fanbase is under the spell of a yankee salesman. The other half is too apathetic to care or in the process of bailing on the program.

Sounds good, but will never happen. There's 30,000 reta- I mean people in a facebook group called ''TRUE KENTUCKY FANS NO HATERS NO BASHERS''. And one of the questions when joining is ''do you support coach cal''. And ''negative'' posts against Cal is met with a swift ban. We're so ****ed. Half the fanbase is under the spell of a yankee salesman. The other half is too apathetic to care or in the process of bailing on the program.
Do your part. We can't do anything about other people.

They can have it. We stick together like we did with Joker and see what happens

Sounds like 30,000 mask wearers to me.

They are the old farts with all the cash. Utterly clueless. Just like the admin that had no clue the fan base felt this way.

Do not donate to the university.

Do not buy any merchandise.

And especially don't go to the SEC tournament to watch Ole Miss play Auburn for the championship breaking.
Havent bought any merch since top button mitch changed our logos almost 10 years ago. Good god, what an embarrasment. The UH logo and the ''wildcat''. He can't leave fast enough.

I won’t be doing some hard boycott, but I can guarantee I’m going to pay a lot less attention to the upcoming season. If we’re not good by January, I’ll just check on out.

This is supposed to be entertainment. I won’t watch if it’s not entertaining.
You got it bad! You can't have one foot in and the other out if you really want to be a part of making a difference.

I know it sounds petty, but this is literally the only play we have left. What else are we supposed to do? The university is just as inept as the coach.
It’s not petty, we made ourselves heard, the nation media said it, I mean we are getting blasted on every tournament recap. Apparently some “huge” boosters are upset, yet this still seems to be the decision.

Last edited:
It’s not petty, we made ourselves heard, the nation media said it, I mean we are getting blasted on every tournament recap. Apparently some “huge” boosters are upset but yet this still seems to be the decision.
My boss is a huge 7 figure booster whom I will not name, but I overheard him say he was done. Funding is going to dry up hopefully fast.

I will continue to watch streams and root for the Cats, but I won't give a dime to UK Athletics for basketball.

I have not purchased UK merch since they adopted mating birds and a version of Houston's logo years ago. No sacrifice there.

Serious question.
How many people do you really think will boycott?
Is this a few fish in a big pond or a lot of sharks circling the prey situation?
Do not know. I have not talked to one single fan that wants John calipari back. These are people that three years ago thought he hung the moon.

Boycotts don't work, just ask Budweiser.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT