ADVERTISEMENT

Blake Baker Missouri D Coordinator

Odd that you think what happened in the MO game with an aggressive plan on defense has no relevance to our passive defense on that last drive against Clemson.

Might want to listen to Clemson QB postgame comments on that last drive. "They were GIVING US easy throws"......

If you think that defense strategy on the last drive was a winning strategy/scheme, you are wired like CMS.

Fear of failure and playing risk averse will get you beat against the better teams.
That QB was basically laughing in our face. Said he had all day to throw.

This is probably a sore spot, but the defense was schemed to line up at first down yardage, force them to throw short and tackle him short of 1st down. All of that happened except the kid missed the tackle. Whoever called the defense on that play went with the accepted defense today.. if UK had sent 6 and they caught a hot route for a TD it would have been the dumbest call ever too.

This is probably a sore spot, but the defense was schemed to line up at first down yardage, force them to throw short and tackle him short of 1st down. All of that happened except the kid missed the tackle. Whoever called the defense on that play went with the accepted defense today.. if UK had sent 6 and they caught a hot route for a TD it would have been the dumbest call ever too.
If that happened, we would have at least gotten the ball back with time to score again.

As it was, playing not to lose and hoping the clock would run out got us beat.

We also had both starting corners out injured. What coach in his right mind would give a QB MORE time to find an open receiver instead of trying to pressure them into a quick pass or a dumpdown???

Odd that you think what happened in the MO game with an aggressive plan on defense has no relevance to our passive defense on that last drive against Clemson.

Might want to listen to Clemson QB postgame comments on that last drive. "They were GIVING US easy throws"......

If you think that defense strategy on the last drive was a winning strategy/scheme, you are wired like CMS.

Fear of failure and playing risk averse will get you beat against the better teams.
If there had been more time on the clock we would have allowed UL to tie the game as well. They got 10 yards every play. Simply ran out of time. Clemson watched that game obviously. They had more time and Won. Point is….. playing rush 3 drop 8 for UK is a TD every time for the opponent. Every TIME ! Will they have the enough TIME on the clock is the only question.

If that happened, we would have at least gotten the ball back with time to score again.

As it was, playing not to lose and hoping the clock would run out got us beat.

We also had both starting corners out injured. What coach in his right mind would give a QB MORE time to find an open receiver instead of trying to pressure them into a quick pass or a dumpdown???

Almost I all of them use that scheme, it isn't like CMS invented 3m rush dropping 8. If the guy makes the tackle he was put in position to make this thread wouldn't exist.

I guess he wasn’t coached to make that play.

For whatever reason he didn't make and was there. It isn't always the coach's fault, players have to make the play. BB7 has been critized for his drops here all year, he makes some plays yesterday, now he is the man again. FWIW I think he can be great, he just need to be more consistent catching the ball and sharpen his routes.

For whatever reason he didn't make and was there. It isn't always the coach's fault, players have to make the play. BB7 has been critized for his drops here all year, he makes some plays yesterday, now he is the man again. FWIW I think he can be great, he just need to be more consistent catching the ball and sharpen his routes.
The really disappointing part, the play was deja vu. We’d already been down that road earlier.

Almost I all of them use that scheme, it isn't like CMS invented 3m rush dropping 8. If the guy makes the tackle he was put in position to make this thread wouldn't exist.
If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

The guy that missed that tackle was an inexperienced backup who should not have been put in that position in a must win situation.

It was a dumb coaching move if Vince Lombardi made it........because it cost us the ballgame........unnecessarily.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT