ADVERTISEMENT

Blake Baker Missouri D Coordinator

cathouse

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2002
CMS needs to hire him today!!

Or at least be forced to watch film of last night's game between OSU and MO with Brad White and learn how a coach with a pair attacks a backup QB and plays aggressive winning defense against a team with superior talent.

Or at least be forced to watch film of last night's game between OSU and MO with Brad White and learn how a coach with a pair attacks a backup QB and plays aggressive winning defense against a team with superior talent.
UK did not face a backup QB yesterday, let alone a third string QB like Mizzou faced. It did not handle the last drive well, to be sure, but it was facing QB1.

HerrosHeroes could’ve held OSU-Columbus to three points yesterday. Pick eleven players and tell ‘em to have fun out there!

People need to wake up! No matter who Mark Stoops hires, HE is the DC at UK and nothing happens on the field unless he approves!

It seems throughout the year the defense has had opponents facing 3rd and long get big yardage too often OMO… Could be wrong? There’s probably stats available to prove/disprove that observation… Rush 3, no pressure, QB has all day, soft coverage…. Chunk play😌 Either fix it or try something different because that’s a terrible way to loose.

UK did not face a backup QB yesterday, let alone a third string QB like Mizzou faced. It did not handle the last drive well, to be sure, but it was facing QB1.
I was referring to how the MO DC attacked a backup QB. Didn't say anything about Clemson QB.

We have seen over and over how CMS "attacks" backup QB's.

To say that Tosu was shut out because they had a backup QB playing is rather disingenuous imo - Mz was destroying the QB and the offense from Tosu from the first snap because they flat out came after them , there is such a thing as a run blitz . Mz rubbed their nose in it , dared them to go downfield— We set back like scared rabbits with a dog on our trail .. makes me want to vomit … regardless of the QB situation at Tosu , the defensive approaches were polar opposites

To say that Tosu was shut out because they had a backup QB playing is rather disingenuous imo - Mz was destroying the QB and the offense from Tosu from the first snap because they flat out came after them , there is such a thing as a run blitz . Mz rubbed their nose in it , dared them to go downfield— We set back like scared rabbits with a dog on our trail .. makes me want to vomit … regardless of the QB situation at Tosu , the defensive approaches were polar opposites
And that was the point of this post. For those who defend this soft zone prevent defense, just wanted to let them know there are DCs and HCs out there that are not afraid to attack on defense, even against a superior opponent.

It takes balls, and self confidence. We are lacking in both.

It seems throughout the year the defense has had opponents facing 3rd and long get big yardage too often OMO… Could be wrong? There’s probably stats available to prove/disprove that observation… Rush 3, no pressure, QB has all day, soft coverage…. Chunk play😌 Either fix it or try something different because that’s a terrible way to loose.
This is the uk way. Been that same story for 20 years. Can't get off the field on 3rd down

They faced a highly ranked #2 and was stopping him as well…injuries happen to get to number 3. That’s part of the game. The reality is, Mizzou whipped OSUs OLine all game regardless of who was taking snaps

Reactions: cathouse
I was referring to how the MO DC attacked a backup QB. Didn't say anything about Clemson QB.

We have seen over and over how CMS "attacks" backup QB's.
Odd that you felt the need to mention that it was OSU’s backup (to the backup) and did not just say attack the QB. It’s pretty easy to attack the third string QB. See UL against FSU. There is nothing in that situation that translates to what UK faced on Friday. In fact, Mizzou’s defense looked worlds better after Brown (the backup) got hurt. If UK faces the third string QB, this thread might have some relevance.

They faced a highly ranked #2 and was stopping him as well…injuries happen to get to number 3. That’s part of the game. The reality is, Mizzou whipped OSUs OLine all game regardless of who was taking snaps
Well, OSU moved the ball down the field and scored before Brown got hurt. I think you might see that the defense changed when Brown became immobile and also with the third string kid. There simply is no comparison to what UK faced on Friday. None.

But, if we just want to pretend, have at it.

Reactions: gojvc
Well, OSU moved the ball down the field and scored before Brown got hurt. I think you might see that the defense changed when Brown became immobile and also with the third string kid. There simply is no comparison to what UK faced on Friday. None.

But, if we just want to pretend, have at it.
It isn’t pretending. It was 3-0. Mizzou defense was showing up either way. If they were moving the ball at will, you’d have a point….but OSU would also of had more than 3 points.

The guy taking snaps doesn’t change the pressure that gets home or rushed possessions. Maybe a better qb can fit tighter windows. But the focus is on how Mizzous Dline (combined with well crafted blitz packages) controlled OSUs Oline via scheme for the majority of the game and forced the QB to make quicker decisions than just sitting there for 7 seconds in a pocket until someone gets open.

With that said, our defense played well the majority of the game. But our current structuring of staff (who ever the blame falls on) struggles in end of half/end of game situations bc they get overly timid and big play adverse instead of keeping the same energy that had controlled the game to that point. It’s been a consistent issue in end of half situations for years.

Odd that you felt the need to mention that it was OSU’s backup (to the backup) and did not just say attack the QB. It’s pretty easy to attack the third string QB. See UL against FSU. There is nothing in that situation that translates to what UK faced on Friday. In fact, Mizzou’s defense looked worlds better after Brown (the backup) got hurt. If UK faces the third string QB, this thread might have some relevance.
Odd that you think what happened in the MO game with an aggressive plan on defense has no relevance to our passive defense on that last drive against Clemson.

Might want to listen to Clemson QB postgame comments on that last drive. "They were GIVING US easy throws"......

If you think that defense strategy on the last drive was a winning strategy/scheme, you are wired like CMS.

Fear of failure and playing risk averse will get you beat against the better teams.

It isn’t pretending. It was 3-0. Mizzou defense was showing up either way. If they were moving the ball at will, you’d have a point….but OSU would also of had more than 3 points.
We watched a different game. Henderson was rolling when they had to respect Brown. He goes down and Mizzou loads the box and brings all sorts of pressure.

The guy taking snaps doesn’t change the pressure that gets home or rushed possessions.

Wrong.

Reactions: gamecockcat
Odd that you think what happened in the MO game with an aggressive plan on defense has no relevance to our passive defense on that last drive against Clemson.

Might want to listen to Clemson QB postgame comments on that last drive. "They were GIVING US easy throws"......

If you think that defense strategy on the last drive was a winning strategy/scheme, you are wired like CMS.

Fear of failure and playing risk averse will get you beat against the better teams.
You made the irrelevant OP, not me. If you want to change the story to how UK defended on the last drive, you should have made that post. LOL

Reactions: gojvc
You made the irrelevant OP, not me. If you want to change the story to how UK defended on the last drive, you should have made that post. LOL
I said what I said. If you watched both games you saw a disparaging difference in the way those two games were coached.

You just can't handle any criticism of CMS or BW, and that is very relevant in every post you make.

You obviously didn't understand the post if that is what you took from it.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
I watched both games and your comment in the OP had no relevance to the UK/Clemson game.

It was ignorant criticism.
Any criticism of your boys is ignorant criticism to you.

The post was about the difference in how MO DC attacked a superior opponent vs. how our HC/HC attacked......

Never mind. You either can't understand or don't want to understand the post.

And they were down a couple of their best CB's.
So, John. Tell me. If you were down your 2 best corners, would it make more sense to put more pressure on QB, or lay back and not try to pressure the QB and give receivers more time to get open AND force those unproven DB's to defend longer???

What say you?? Which would you do??

So, John. Tell me. If you were down your 2 best corners, would it make more sense to put more pressure on QB, or lay back and not try to pressure the QB and give receivers more time to get open AND force those unproven DB's to defend longer???

What say you?? Which would you do??
Kentucky was forcing the QB out of the pocket but he was making throws on the run. I would have had the CB's playing closer to the line and have taken the chance they got beat long. With Clemson having three time outs and over 2 minutes, you could not give as much cushion as they did. If you got beat long, at least there might have been some time on the clock to come back with a score.

Kentucky was forcing the QB out of the pocket but he was making throws on the run. I would have had the CB's playing closer to the line and have taken the chance they got beat long. With Clemson having three time outs and over 2 minutes, you could not give as much cushion as they did. If you got beat long, at least there might have been some time on the clock to come back with a score.
Bingo!!

Winner, winner. Chicken dinner.

Any criticism of your boys is ignorant criticism to you.
Nope. Offer something sensible as criticism and you won’t get a beef from me.

The post was about the difference in how MO DC attacked a superior opponent vs. how our HC/HC attacked......

If you say so. But, I watch all of both games and UK’s defense played pretty well, good enough to win. The last drive had some bad moments, but the OSU/Zoo game had NO relevance. You just wanted to bitch and you picked a bad irrelevant comparator and now you want to blame me for your silly comment.

Fool yourself if you must. Happy new year.
Never mind. You either can't understand or don't want to understand the post.
😂

Nope. Offer something sensible as criticism and you won’t get a beef from me.

If you say so. But, I watch all of both games and UK’s defense played pretty well, good enough to win. The last drive had some bad moments, but the OSU/Zoo game had NO relevance. You just wanted to bitch and you picked a bad irrelevant comparator and now you want to blame me for your silly comment.

Fool yourself if you must. Happy new year.

😂
You're really up in your feelings over this one.

Glad you are in charge of determining which criticism of the coaching staff is deemed to be "sensible".

P.S. There are multiple articles out there today critical of that 4th quarter meltdown and the failure of the coaching staff. I guess all those writer's opinions are irrelevant and non-sensible also.

Happy New Year.

This is the uk way. Been that same story for 20 years. Can't get off the field on 3rd down
mando-way-mandalorian.gif

That is the reason that I included CMS in that film session.

He needs to see it first and get over his "prevent" defense when he has a lead in any game we play.
The problem is it won't change him. He thinks he is the best. HIS defense Friday gave up more pts to Clemson than any P5 school on their schedule, but GaTech.

I don't believe you will ever see quality coordinators come in here and play for Stoops. The ones who prove themselves to be good (Coen) won't stay long. There's no upside long term. Stoops should be coaching in Iowa and UK should be planning to move on. JMO.

Why don't all of you Stoops critics apply for the job?
You FOM's seem to think you know more than him, step up and make UK a National contender.
Bring in a person with an aggressive mind set with the right coordinators and coaches and honestly there could be a number of us that could be the HC.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueTick2

The guy taking snaps doesn’t change the pressure that gets home or rushed possessions. Maybe a better qb can fit tighter windows. But the focus is on how Mizzous Dline (combined with well crafted blitz packages) controlled OSUs Oline via scheme for the majority of the game and forced the QB to make quicker decisions than just sitting there for 7 seconds in a pocket until someone gets open.

With that said, our defense played well the majority of the game. But our current structuring of staff (who ever the blame falls on) struggles in end of half/end of game situations bc they get overly timid and big play adverse instead of keeping the same energy that had controlled the game to that point. It’s been a consistent issue in end of half situations for years.
Two words...Mark Stoops. NOTHING happens on that field that hasn't approved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT