ADVERTISEMENT

Blackman

devilpuppet

Blue Chip Prospect
Jun 10, 2010
Crean claimed that Blackmon got mixed reviews back from the NBA and that he need to improve his defense ala Booker. Blackmon will return for his sophomore year to IU and a happy Crean.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoosierfanJM
Ron-Burgandy-By-The-Beard-Of-Zeus.gif

Wonder if JB2 regrets his decision.

Nearly the same per 40 stats as Booker, yet one is a potential lottery pick, and one is likely second round. Sucks to be you, JB2.

With the talent we had last year I honestly understand why he made the decision. However how everything has went he would be working himself into a lottery situation next year if he had signed with us. Not saying he won't do the same at IU next year as well but I don't believe there would be any doubt here.

To devilpuppet ...

In addition to the fact that James Blackmon, Jr. will only be a sophomore at I.U. next season, I think another thing that "The Folker" and "coolcat9lives" were trying to tell you is this:

Rolondo Blackman (who played at Kansas State) was drafted with the 9th pick in the first round of the 1981 NBA draft. Blackman played 11 seasons with the Mavericks and 2 seasons with the Knicks. Blackman averaged 20.27 ppg over 8 consecutive seasons for the Mavericks.

James Blackmon, Sr. (who played at U.K.) – father of the young man who has decided to stay for his junior year at Indiana – was drafted in the 5th round in the 1987 NBA draft but never played in an NBA game.

The young man at I.U. spells his surname "Blackmon."

To devilpuppet ...

In addition to the fact that James Blackmon, Jr. will only be a sophomore at I.U. next season, I think another thing that "The Folker" and "coolcat9lives" were trying to tell you is this:

Rolondo Blackman (who played at Kansas State) was drafted with the 9th pick in the first round of the 1981 NBA draft. Blackman played 11 seasons with the Mavericks and 2 seasons with the Knicks. Blackman averaged 20.27 ppg over 8 consecutive seasons for the Mavericks.

James Blackmon, Sr. (who played at U.K.) – father of the young man who has decided to stay for his junior year at Indiana – was drafted in the 5th round in the 1987 NBA draft but never played in an NBA game.

The young man at I.U. spells his surname "Blackmon."
Due noted. Thanks seriously guys I know BlackmOn will be a So. next year it was an honest mistake. You got me on the name. I'll say 10 Hail Mary's and 12 Our Fathers to beg forgiveness:)

Last edited:
Devon Bookar is a much better defender than Jamies Blackman.

Nah, not really. This board overrated bookers defense all year. The teams collective defense really helped him out. Had we not been so dominant it would have really showed as bookers weakness. He was blown by many times last year.

Booker has 3 inches on Blackmon. I think that explains the difference in NBA stock. Plus, while Booker wasn't great on D, he was still much better than Blackmon, who didn't play any at all.

Clappy has 1-2 years before his buyout becomes a more affordable amount... so, this just makes it a little more tolerable for the Whoosiers.

You can attribute being at Kentucky to Booker's stock rising, but Blackmon is 6'2 with no PG skills. If you don't have the body and the athleticism the pros look for, it's hard to do much for your stock.

So yes, Booker would have been a sophomore at Missouri. But Blackmon would also probably be a sophomore at Kentucky.

It's the coaches who destroy the stock of kids who should be drafted high that deserve criticism when they drop or have to come back.

With the talent we had last year I honestly understand why he made the decision. However how everything has went he would be working himself into a lottery situation next year if he had signed with us. Not saying he won't do the same at IU next year as well but I don't believe there would be any doubt here.

Highly doubt JBJr will ever be a lottery pick. It has little to do with the college choice. He is undersized for his NBA position and is not a good athlete. He has the same problems Doron Lamb had. I personally will be surprised to ever see him in the 1st round.

Now, whether he can learn defense from Crean...

Both Booker and Dakari will get drafted but should have returned. Neither are ready (Booker has to physically develop and obvious about Dakari). So, they will be "D" League or at the end of the bench. Blackmon made the correct decision.

Not to get off topic but what is the deal with that white patch in Blackmons hair? Is that natural or did he do that to himself? I apologize in advance if it is a birth defect or religious thing and anyone is offended.

Booker (who is 18 years old) will be drafted about 15th. He will play a LOT next year in the NBA.

No he won't. In fact, there will be talk of how terrible he is next year, and he will spend a ton of time on the D league. I think he will eventually make it, but he benefitted from the "Kentucky Effect" more than any other player in Cal's tenure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT