ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Richmond

Billy Richmond and Knox are very overlapping players position wise and sklill set wise......I'd not be shocked to see UK pick off Richmond (Knox is a Cal guys more so IMO)
Richmond passes the Eye test for me, just got a feeling about him like I did with Keith Bogans when he first started playing at Kentucky.

Reactions: jace2012
Billy Richmond and Knox are very overlapping players position wise and sklill set wise......I'd not be shocked to see UK pick off Richmond (Knox is a Cal guys more so IMO)
Richmond is a Camden pipeline guy, I’d be shocked if he didn’t back out of his UK commitment and go to Arkansas.

Reactions: K_TIME and KT34
He’s gonna need athletes here too and he could develop a shot, apparently he has decent form. He also plays defense hard.
Yes he does play hard defense from what I have seen on videos and scouting analysis. That says a lot about his character in that I tend to believe that he would be more of a team first player. Selfish players are looking for their shot and couldn't care less if they get cooked on d. Pope wants selfless players and I think Richmond fits that type of player.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Who would he turn down, Boogie Fland?
That depends on how much rebuilding he's wanting to do. Me, personally, I'd completely tear it down except for keeping any players that Cal might take with him. The problem with keeping the ones who weren't hear the year before, they may not be receptive to the kind of DRAMATIC CHANGE that is coming. What we're going to see on the court is going to be nothing like we've seen in years. Pope knows it, it almost always takes years to learn his kind of system (lots of sets), and most of the types of kids Cal recruited weren't planning on staying here for years.

If Burks can become a tenacious defender, I can see him stepping into a role like Thiero last year. Still holding out some hope Thiero withdraws and have both of these guys.

Reactions: chroix
Yes he does play hard defense from what I have seen on videos and scouting analysis. That says a lot about his character in that I tend to believe that he would be more of a team first player. Selfish players are looking for their shot and couldn't care less if they get cooked on d. Pope wants selfless players and I think Richmond fits that type of player.
Richmond's father played for Calipari. I don't expect UK to far outbid Arkansas in NIL money offered to him, which would really be the biggest reason for him to follow through on his commitment to UK.

If he chooses any school other than Arkansas, then it will be Memphis.

That depends on how much rebuilding he's wanting to do. Me, personally, I'd completely tear it down except for keeping any players that Cal might take with him. The problem with keeping the ones who weren't hear the year before, they may not be receptive to the kind of DRAMATIC CHANGE that is coming. What we're going to see on the court is going to be nothing like we've seen in years. Pope knows it, it almost always takes years to learn his kind of system (lots of sets), and most of the types of kids Cal recruited weren't planning on staying here for years.
Wouldn't you think dramatic change would be with the kids who have played under Cal, it's not change for first year freshmen who haven't had one practice under Cal. You keep a Boogie Fland

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT