ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Donovan Logistics

JPFisher

Senior
Jul 24, 2013
WKY
So, while we're supposedly waiting on the tie-in game with Billy, I wanted to amalgamate some of what I've heard about the situation and raise some questions for the board members that are more in the know.

Seems like general consensus is that Donovan can't enter into talks with UK in earnest until/unless the Bulls lose next week. Is that stipulated in Donovan's contract, courtesy to the Bulls, or something else?

Next, what if we do talk to him (which allegedly happened around the time AirCraft landed at LaGuardia)? How likely is it that Mitch can get enough of a guarantee from Billy D to tell Adou, Reed, Z, Wagner, Onyenso, and recruits? What are the logistics of that? Who contacts whom? Does Mitch throw in and talk to our guys on Donovan's behalf or what?

Does Donovan have the ability to tell Mitch who he wants as assistants and then have those guys wheeling and dealing before BD gets here or does Donovan have to be in place for NCAA compliance?

I know there's been a ton of talk on Donovan's timetable issues, but I'm looking for some clarification on these key... ideas? The scenarios I brought up seem like a convoluted fluster cuck, but Donovan is the best option UK has left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT