ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Donavan

Exactly. Anyone that thinks that Donovan couldn't handle NIL and the transfer portal after coaching in the NBA for over a decade is not a serious person.

He honestly might be the perfect coach for us given his experience.
Billy D no doubt has tons of NBA connections to get players where they want to go along with a tremendous college legacy, players also know him for being an NBA coach today.

The problem with Donovan is how long can Kentucky wait to get a new coach? The NBA season ends the 14th but the Bulls are currently in the play in spot. So idk how that would work out
They’re not winning anything. Tell him to finish the season out if he wants to, but you would rather he step down and gets to work here. Either way we would be fine.

I would rather not hire Donovan, but if it would keep Reed here, I would be okay with it. I've given my reason before for not wanting Donovan, but if he's the best "available", then okay. I would rather throw everything, including a guarantee of being the Governor of the State one day...plus lots and lots of 💲💲💲, to Wright or Hurley...especially since we don't have to pay the buyout!! Just my opinion.

I don't want UK to throw money at anyone. I want a base plus bonus incentives contract. The potential to make 9 or even 10M IF they fulfill ALL aspects of their contract AND deliver titles.

No one has to be a FAN of NIL to use it properly, btw. That's what the collectives can help with

Golden is better Long term coach. Dovavon is 58 and oats is a flash in the pan coach
The guy that just went to a final four and has progressively gotten better each year isn’t a flash in the pan. Golden may be good long term but he hasn’t proven anything yet

Reactions: MbergCat
Donovan, Wright, Oats, Hurley, Golden. All will get us past the first weekend of the tournament in 2025. I actually prefer Golden because he will potentially be the next Pitino.

If you strike out on all of the above then McDermott might be next call.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I'd take Dennis Hopper at this point.
VSmdlky.png

Pro ball is no picnic either so I could see him going back to college for a new challenge. UK may not be the best place though bc he has no players pining to play for him. I’ll tell you though no matter the coach UK recruits without a coach. If reed were to return and they wanted billy d I bet he would do it. I think we are looking at oates though
I kinda wonder if we were to land someone of his caliber if we might be able to keep a good bit of the players we have. Even some of the ones about to transfer might have second thoughts.

How do we know he couldn’t? He would be miles and miles better than Drew or Underwood.

You don't, it you don't know that he would. This hire can't be a reach. It has to be at least solid, which is someone already succeeding in the new era.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT