ADVERTISEMENT

Best Christmas gift you got as a kid?

We were so broke that 1 year I got a hand me down BMX bike my Dad cleaned up and thought I had won the kid lottery. I have foggy memories of my childhood but I still remember waking up and seeing that in the living room.

1990-general-v2ch-940w_orig.jpg

Roll this bad boy out Game was over unless you had the aircraft carrier.

Sega Game Gear.

It was mind blowing as a 9-year old kid.

Its fun playing video games that came out decades ago. Like I remember when Metal Gear Solid came out in high school. The graphics were so life like! Almost like watching tv.

52069_metal_gear_solid_playstation_screenshot_if_this_one_comes_to.jpg

😑

and holy crap did Madden on the PS2 look incredible. Why watch MNF when you could play this?

4076492-madden-nfl-2001-screenshot.jpg

wouldn't want to run across these tough guys
sc9ox9.jpg

My foreign parents were INCREDIBLE at Christmas so it’s hard to just pick one, so in no particular order:

-The pink girls bike with tassels I got in 1987 because my parents went on December 23rd to get me a bike not realizing everything was sold out and making me realize there was no Santa. My brother helped me cut off the tassels and spray paint it gold and I still rode it everywhere for 4 years

-The gold apex New Orleans saints jacket my parents got me when I asked for a Bengals starter jacket because my mom thought the gold was prettier and it was only half the cost of starter

-The sega 32x I got when I was 16 when I explicitly asked for and wanted a Nintendo 64

• Love
Reactions: Girthang and rudd1
-idk, Ron... Sega>>>Nintendo for me. Of course I only played sports games and sonic.

-the one I remember most was a tower stereo in 8th or 9th (85 or 86)grade... turntable, duel cassette deck, CD player...had a 16 band eq. Speakers were solid/huge. Loud.

Last edited:
My foreign parents were INCREDIBLE at Christmas so it’s hard to just pick one, so in no particular order:

-The pink girls bike with tassels I got in 1987 because my parents went on December 23rd to get me a bike not realizing everything was sold out and making me realize there was no Santa. My brother helped me cut off the tassels and spray paint it gold and I still rode it everywhere for 4 years

-The gold apex New Orleans saints jacket my parents got me when I asked for a Bengals starter jacket because my mom thought the gold was prettier and it was only half the cost of starter

-The sega 32x I got when I was 16 when I explicitly asked for and wanted a Nintendo 64

Your mom and my mom mustve read the same "gift giving for moms" book.

-idk, Ron... Sega>>>Nintendo for me. Of course I only played sports games and sonic.

-the one I remember most was a tower stereo in 8th or 9th (85 or 86)grade... turntable, duel cassette deck, CD player...had a 16 band eq. Speakers were solid/huge. Loud.

I certainly am not going to hate on the trio of virtua fighter/cop/racing which were awesome games but after a year they discontinued that thing and we were playing goldeneye at my buddies house anyway

Kids now are in a world where video games have always existed. I'm 45. We were part of that generation that lived the beginning and evolution of them. Kinda wild.

Atari commodore 64 Nintendo to Playstation etc.

My first Nintendo was probably the one for me. It seemed so innovative at the time. Never much of a gamer after that.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT