ADVERTISEMENT

Best Christmas gift you got as a kid?

We were so broke that 1 year I got a hand me down BMX bike my Dad cleaned up and thought I had won the kid lottery. I have foggy memories of my childhood but I still remember waking up and seeing that in the living room.

1990-general-v2ch-940w_orig.jpg

Roll this bad boy out Game was over unless you had the aircraft carrier.

Sega Game Gear.

It was mind blowing as a 9-year old kid.

Its fun playing video games that came out decades ago. Like I remember when Metal Gear Solid came out in high school. The graphics were so life like! Almost like watching tv.

52069_metal_gear_solid_playstation_screenshot_if_this_one_comes_to.jpg

😑

and holy crap did Madden on the PS2 look incredible. Why watch MNF when you could play this?

4076492-madden-nfl-2001-screenshot.jpg

wouldn't want to run across these tough guys
sc9ox9.jpg

Probably the NES. Optimus Prime and Soundwave the year before that are a close second though.

My foreign parents were INCREDIBLE at Christmas so it’s hard to just pick one, so in no particular order:

-The pink girls bike with tassels I got in 1987 because my parents went on December 23rd to get me a bike not realizing everything was sold out and making me realize there was no Santa. My brother helped me cut off the tassels and spray paint it gold and I still rode it everywhere for 4 years

-The gold apex New Orleans saints jacket my parents got me when I asked for a Bengals starter jacket because my mom thought the gold was prettier and it was only half the cost of starter

-The sega 32x I got when I was 16 when I explicitly asked for and wanted a Nintendo 64

• Love
Reactions: Girthang and rudd1
-idk, Ron... Sega>>>Nintendo for me. Of course I only played sports games and sonic.

-the one I remember most was a tower stereo in 8th or 9th (85 or 86)grade... turntable, duel cassette deck, CD player...had a 16 band eq. Speakers were solid/huge. Loud.

Last edited:
My foreign parents were INCREDIBLE at Christmas so it’s hard to just pick one, so in no particular order:

-The pink girls bike with tassels I got in 1987 because my parents went on December 23rd to get me a bike not realizing everything was sold out and making me realize there was no Santa. My brother helped me cut off the tassels and spray paint it gold and I still rode it everywhere for 4 years

-The gold apex New Orleans saints jacket my parents got me when I asked for a Bengals starter jacket because my mom thought the gold was prettier and it was only half the cost of starter

-The sega 32x I got when I was 16 when I explicitly asked for and wanted a Nintendo 64

Your mom and my mom mustve read the same "gift giving for moms" book.

-idk, Ron... Sega>>>Nintendo for me. Of course I only played sports games and sonic.

-the one I remember most was a tower stereo in 8th or 9th (85 or 86)grade... turntable, duel cassette deck, CD player...had a 16 band eq. Speakers were solid/huge. Loud.

I certainly am not going to hate on the trio of virtua fighter/cop/racing which were awesome games but after a year they discontinued that thing and we were playing goldeneye at my buddies house anyway

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT