ADVERTISEMENT

Bengal (or NFL) Fans......

Which QB would you rather have....

• Carson Palmer

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Andy Dalton

Votes: 25 53.2%

• Total voters
Neither. But if my colts could only have one of em I'd take Dalton. At least Dalton stays healthy.

The reason for this thread was basically b/c I was a little surprised. I'm not a Bengal fan. I think Dalton is decent and I'm not as critical as a lot of Bengal fans are. However, given the choice I would've went with Palmer. I figured he was the better QB until he got hurt. However, the stats don't show this. Below are the cumulative stats during first 4 yrs for each QB.

Carson Palmer 1,305 comp 2,036 att 64.1% 14,899 yds 7.32 yds/att 104 TD 63 INT 32-29 overall record(61 starts) (0-1 playoff record) $49.63 million cost

Andy Dalton 1,311 comp 2,111 att 62.1% 14,758 yds 6.99 yds/att 99 TD 66 INT 40-23-1 record (64 starts) (0-4 playoff record) $22.2 million cost

Reactions: eacsxt
^Saw this in a yahoo.sports article today. Just caught me off-guard. With the way some of the Bengal fans around me at work talk, you would've thought Dalton was one of the worst QB's ever.

It's his playoff performance that gets people on edge about Dalton. He has 1 TD, 6 INT's and 4 fumbles in 4 games. His QB rating in the regular season is 85.2 and his QB rating in the playoffs is 57.8.

Reactions: UK till Death
Bengals fan if they are good. Palmer, easily. Dalton has proven he does not have what it takes to lead a team deep into the play-offs. IMO, had Palmer not broken his leg vs pburg(?) in the play-offs, the Bengals would have gone deep.

Dalton
no doubt he has not played great in the playoffs, but let's be honest the defense has been horrible in the playoffs
last year i am not sure how any sane person that understands football can blame anyone on the team, injuries decimated the team last year

Palmer had and still has the ability to throw an interception at the worst time possible
watching Palmer you need to take extra blood pressure meds

Dalton
no doubt he has not played great in the playoffs, but let's be honest the defense has been horrible in the playoffs
last year i am not sure how any sane person that understands football can blame anyone on the team, injuries decimated the team last year

Palmer had and still has the ability to throw an interception at the worst time possible
watching Palmer you need to take extra blood pressure meds

Agree about last year's injuries, but what about the previous 2 or 3 years? The bengals have had opportunities the last several years but have floundered. The window of opportunity doesn't stay open forever. What about coaching? Would someone like Belicheck (sp) have gotten more out of the team than ml? Has ml hit his ceiling?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT