ADVERTISEMENT

Be prepared

I would care if they cared enough about Kentucky instead of Cal. It is fine to be loyal to your coach but let's be clear about one thing. They never really cared about Kentucky winning championships. If they did 70% of them would have came back for a year two before chasing millions. Also 95% of them would have been drafted high regardless if they played for Cal or not. Those are truths

Very few of the players were here long enough to get attached to 🤷‍♂️

For all of Cal's former players to pick him over this university. I look for them to not be involved in UK any further or have any ties to the school once he's gone. It sucks, but it's a byproduct of his mercenary program.
Then they show their true colors. We may remember the players who choose Cal over Kentucky fondly eventually (IF they were successful here) but will it be to the level of players before Cal?

For all of Cal's former players to pick him over this university. I look for them to not be involved in UK any further or have any ties to the school once he's gone. It sucks, but it's a byproduct of his mercenary program.
That day was going to eventually happen anyway.

Someone on here once posted the story of CM Newton trying to keep Pitino from leaving. Pitino suggested changing Rupp Arena to Pitino Whatever. Newtons response:"Rick, I played for the old man."

Players have always been loyal to coach first.

Darn.

90-95% of guys from the Cal era stay connected in NO meaningful way to the school. You don’t see them at games much, supporting us on social media during the season, or talking up how they will fund NIL with their cycle of generational poverty now broken.

If they choose to turn their backs on UK, then that’s their prerogative. They haven’t been overtly helping much anyway.

We kind of knew this when Cal was recruiting them. Many of these players signed with UK because of Cal even if UK amplified Cal's platform.

My problem isn't that his players will side with him rather than the university; my problem is that they didn't win more when they were here.

Aaaaand I don't give a single F. I want a full on reboot. In a few years most of those big name NBA players will be sitting in a rocking chair anyway.

Reactions: cathead64
Heck a couple sat on the bench for 9 months. Ate UK food, slept in UK beds, attended UK classes and used UK facilities and brand all for free and never played nor contributed one thing to the program. We have bee nothing but Cal’s G league for Cal and his agent buddie
all the players provided a pretty nice income for this university thru tv money ticket sales at Rupp. every player is part of that team . don't brush the young men off as some welfare project the fan base is giving

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT