ADVERTISEMENT

Arch Manning?

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
It seems that Heupel is building an offensive juggernaut in Kville... so why would Arch Manning go to Texas?

It seems that Heupel is building an offensive juggernaut in Kville... so why would Arch Manning go to Texas?

I can't speak for Arch, but I do remember living in Tennessee with Peyton there.....and a young Eli getting hype in HS. The Manning's love paving their own paths. It was a HUGE shock when Eli chose to go to Ole Miss which is where his father was a legend.

I would guess, in part, because he decided before this season. UT was a top 25 team to start the season, now they're #1 in CFP ranking. If he had a time-machine...maybe a different choice.

GBB!

I can't speak for Arch, but I do remember living in Tennessee with Peyton there.....and a young Eli getting hype in HS. The Manning's love paving their own paths. It was a HUGE shock when Eli chose to go to Ole Miss which is where his father was a legend.
Cutcliffe had been hired as Ole Miss coach(could've been UK coach maybe had it not been for the dumb ass Newton who zeroed in on Mumme instead) and was Peyton's recruiter/QB coach/OC at TN so signing Eli was a natural fit.

Cutcliffe had been hired as Ole Miss coach(could've been UK coach maybe had it not been for the dumb ass Newton who zeroed in on Mumme instead) and was Peyton's recruiter/QB coach/OC at TN so signing Eli was a natural fit.
This. Peyton came ti UT because of Cutcliffe, and Archie endorsed Cutcliffe. Ole Miss hiring Cuf after the 1998 season pretty much gave Ole Miss the edge on every one else. Arch Manning cimmitted to Texas before UT really exploded this season but I don't know if there was any interest either way as Heupel got the commitment from the 5* out of Cali, Nico Imaleava, who seems to be a perfect fit for Heupel's offense. Big arm and very mobile.

Reactions: vol_scott
No qb with a bright NFL future will want to play for an offense that's the complete opposite of what they'll need in terms of development

Reactions: crandolph02
It ain't 1999 anymore. The NFL is way different. Plus if you listen to his interviews closely, he was not prepared at all for the NFL.

Leach and kiffin will be the ones losing recruits to this system.
He was the #1 overall pick...so he shouldn't have gone? Nobody thought LJ would make it for a variety of reasons, yet he's a wealthy young man today. These kids are great athletes who can adapt to whatever they need to do.

He was the #1 overall pick...so he shouldn't have gone? Nobody thought LJ would make it for a variety of reasons, yet he's a wealthy young man today. These kids are great athletes who can adapt to whatever they need to do.

I didn't say any of that. That's a major reach. Being athletic is just the start. The entire NFL is athletic. The mental aspect is what sets them apart. They get 0 of that in these offenses

No qb with a bright NFL future will want to play for an offense that's the complete opposite of what they'll need in terms of development
Nico disagrees. Hooker did not have NFL anywhere near the picture in his career and now the kid will go in the top 3 rounds as a 24 year old. Seems like his development with Heupel has helped him for the NFL.

Nico disagrees. Hooker did not have NFL anywhere near the picture in his career and now the kid will go in the top 3 rounds as a 24 year old. Seems like his development with Heupel has helped him for the NFL.

Hped him get exposure. That's literally it. Nothing he does now will translate. It will be a few years at least before he is ready to contribute.

It was a HUGE shock when Eli chose to go to Ole Miss
As you say, Archie was a legend there, all of the Manning boys grew up attending games and following that program, and David Cutcliffe was the head coach at the time. His decision to go to Ole Miss wasn't the least bit surprising.

Who gives a flying flip if it prepares guys for the nfl or not? I’m a college football fan and a fan of the vols. I do not care if the offense gets them nfl ready just like I don’t care if they are 5 stars or 1 stars. What I do care about is winning football games. I know it’s easier to win with 4 and 5 stars. I also know our roster isn’t loaded with them and we do have a lot of high profile ‘24 and ‘25 recruits very interested in UT. The hay has been in the barn for ‘23 recruits before this season started. I also know we have one of the top 3 qbs in the nation who as of right now plans on signing with UT this December. I don’t get the fascination with running down a qb because of his age or because someone thinks he’s not as good a nfl prospect as Levi’s. Means literally nothing to me. I care about UT winning in Saturdays and that’s what they have been doing with a really fun style of offense in an electric environment. I on follow the nfl guys with mild passing interest just if they are past UT players. I thought this board was a college football message board for Kentucky not nfl fans

Who gives a flying flip if it prepares guys for the nfl or not? I’m a college football fan and a fan of the vols. I do not care if the offense gets them nfl ready just like I don’t care if they are 5 stars or 1 stars. What I do care about is winning football games. I know it’s easier to win with 4 and 5 stars. I also know our roster isn’t loaded with them and we do have a lot of high profile ‘24 and ‘25 recruits very interested in UT. The hay has been in the barn for ‘23 recruits before this season started. I also know we have one of the top 3 qbs in the nation who as of right now plans on signing with UT this December. I don’t get the fascination with running down a qb because of his age or because someone thinks he’s not as good a nfl prospect as Levi’s. Means literally nothing to me. I care about UT winning in Saturdays and that’s what they have been doing with a really fun style of offense in an electric environment. I on follow the nfl guys with mild passing interest just if they are past UT players. I thought this board was a college football message board for Kentucky not nfl fans
Tee>Payton.

• Haha
Reactions: Ky grandpa
I would offer that the only reason that Peyton went to Tenn was because Ole Miss was on probation and still almost went there. Only reason Arch isn’t going to Ole Miss is their family’s dislike for Kiffin.

Arch is already guaranteed plus 8 million in NIL and is a HS senior. Heard he is willing to redshirt and let’s Ewers get through. Will be ready to start when they enter the sec.

Arch is already guaranteed plus 8 million in NIL and is a HS senior. Heard he is willing to redshirt and let’s Ewers get through. Will be ready to start when they enter the sec.
Doesn’t Ewers have 2 more years?

Tee>Payton.
Lol well everyone has their own opinion and tee did take us to a greater height than Peyton. Football is a team game and not a one man game like golf or tennis so I’m not entirely sure that’s a fair comparison. Both were great college qb’s who won UT a lot of games and I was happy when either one were under center taking snaps.

Lol well everyone has their own opinion and tee did take us to a greater height than Peyton. Football is a team game and not a one man game like golf or tennis so I’m not entirely sure that’s a fair comparison. Both were great college qb’s who won UT a lot of games and I was happy when either one were under center taking snaps.
Tee got it done. Payton didn’t.

Tee got it done. Payton didn’t.
It’s true the 98 team that tee was qb on won the natty and the teams Peyton was qb on did not. Both qb’d some great teams. You’re not gonna bait me into an argument that tee is greater than Peyton because he won a national championship. By that standard Stetson Bennet is greater than tom brady because he has won one. Team game. Individuals don’t win national championships

It’s true the 98 team that tee was qb on won the natty and the teams Peyton was qb on did not. Both qb’d some great teams. You’re not gonna bait me into an argument that tee is greater than Peyton because he won a national championship. By that standard Stetson Bennet is greater than tom brady because he has won one. Team game. Individuals don’t win national championships
Bennett is better in college than Brady. Period.

Vols recruiting Boley?
Yes. Article out on On3 about it. Chad Simmons wrote it. Boley said he’s really connected with the staff and feels he's closer to them than any other school recruiting him right now. Lots more in the article but that’s pretty telling about his feelings towards UT. Also said he feels Heupel and his system would be super fun to play for and in and would have him NFL ready.

Yes. Article out on On3 about it. Chad Simmons wrote it. Boley said he’s really connected with the staff and feels he's closer to them than any other school recruiting him right now. Lots more in the article but that’s pretty telling about his feelings towards UT. Also said he feels Heupel and his system would be super fun to play for and in and would have him NFL ready.
We will take Madden for the 25 class. Not sure where Boley will end up.

Lol, sounds like Tim Couch circa 1995. Never underestimate a recruit's ability to tell a fan base what it wants to hear nor a rep from a recruiting site whose job it is to make money playing to a fan base.

So a recruit said good things about a coach and a school recruiting him? That almost never happens 🙄🙄🙄

I said lots and lots more in the article. This is kinda like ripleys. You can believe it or not. It was way past just nice things. I was just telling the poster that said qb recruits won’t want to come stand on the sideline behind nico not to necessarily believe that. Plus that article was written by a national writer and not a Tennessee beat writer or homer.

Lol, sounds like Tim Couch circa 1995. Never underestimate a recruit's ability to tell a fan base what it wants to hear nor a rep from a recruiting site whose job it is to make money playing to a fan base.
All the defense mechanisms off the chart

Well the kids will, if their system isn't NFL friendly kids will guit going there unless your NIL deals are in 9 figure range

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Well the kids will, if their system isn't NFL friendly kids will guit going there unless your NIL deals are in 9 figure range
We’ll see how the season ends up but Hooker who is Heupel’s first QB will likely be drafted higher than any UGA QB under Smart.

You missed my point. I do not care about their rankings or their nfl aspirations. All I care about is seeing my team in college win and I don’t care if it’s with 3 stars or 5 stars. I also said I know 5 stars usually win. We are doing pretty well with our 3 and 4 stars this year so that’s ok with me. Also we’ve not had major troubles recruiting with heupel yet. I think we will be fine

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT