ADVERTISEMENT

Arch

BlueCephus

Sophomore
Sep 6, 2023
Reports that Quinn Ewers is now expected to return to Texas next year. That means Arch will 100% transfer. Word is that LSU is a likely spot.

Reactions: JrandoUK
He may turn out to be great when all is said and done, but isn't he 3rd string at Texas? He couldn't even beat out their backup. Could he conceivably be a bust and gotten this far mainly on his name? He has some pretty lofty expectations to live up to and has to constantly deal with comparisons to his Uncles and his Grandpa.

Reactions: JC CATS
One guy told me w a different last name, Arch would have been a mid-level 3*

Everything I read is Arch isn't what he was thought to be, arm strength is questionable. He is third on the depth chart. From all indications UGA came in 2nd, but with 2 QB in the 24 class, and 2 returning, word is Beck is gone, I don't see us inquiring about a him.

He may turn out to be great when all is said and done, but isn't he 3rd string at Texas? He couldn't even beat out their backup. Could he conceivably be a bust and gotten this far mainly on his name? He has some pretty lofty expectations to live up to and has to constantly deal with comparisons to his Uncles and his Grandpa.
That kind of reminds me of a badketball player I know

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Everything I read is Arch isn't what he was thought to be, arm strength is questionable. He is third on the depth chart. From all indications UGA came in 2nd, but with 2 QB in the 24 class, and 2 returning, word is Beck is gone, I don't see us inquiring about a him.
Beck gone as in transfer or gone as in to the NFL?

Arch at LSU would be wild. How young are their weapons? I know freetax or one of the posters here has the low-down on them boys.
Arch going to LSU would be a dagger to OM and fans. Have developed some friends that are huge OM fans. Didn't know that LSU was a bigger rival than State is.

Arch going to LSU would be a dagger to OM and fans. Have developed some friends that are huge OM fans. Didn't know that LSU was a bigger rival than State is.

Unless things have changed since Arch was being recruited in HS, the Manning family want nothing to do with Kiffin coaching Arch. Now If Kiffin heads to ATM all bets would be off and I think OM would be a huge player for him, if he hits the portal.

Reactions: grevey35
the plan was always for him to redshirt, they (the mannings) have had this all planned out right down to the minute to maximize his opportunity lol. Don't get me wrong, its smart, but doesn't seem like much fun along the way

Sounds like a massive con job by his whole family get him all that NIL money. Everyone of them talked like Arch was going to be better than they were.
or it could be, he is looking for the opportunity to play so he can prove his worth and Texas hasn't presented the promised opportunity they did while recruiting him. It happens, its not always a negative when people transfer

or it could be, he is looking for the opportunity to play so he can prove his worth and Texas hasn't presented the promised opportunity they did while recruiting him. It happens, its not always a negative when people transfer
He had an opportunity to compete for the job at Texas, and apparently after the coaches got to see him in practice on a daily basis, they determined he was their third best option.

He had an opportunity to compete for the job at Texas, and apparently after the coaches got to see him in practice on a daily basis, they determined he was their third best option.
that is false, the plan was always to redshirt, they were clear about that in the recruiting process, unless the incumbent starter was lost for the year

Reactions: grevey35
LSU-Ole Miss are long time rivals. Miss St has a long history of being an also ran, cellar dweller. LSU-Ole Miss usually played around Halloween, indeed the most famous play in the history of that series occurred Halloween Night, 1959 when LSU legend Billy Cannon ran back a punt 89 yards in the rain for a 7-3 LSU win. Google it, I mean, long punt return, in the rain, black and white video...doesn't get much better! BTW, they had a rematch a few weeks later in the 1960 Sugar Bowl on a surprisingly cold day in New Orleans. Ole Miss won the rematch and the NC that year.

that is false, the plan was always to redshirt, they were clear about that in the recruiting process, unless the incumbent starter was lost for the year
Well his pea shooter of an arm in spring drills would suggest otherwise. Manning was not all the impressive for Texas in spring drills.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Well his pea shooter of an arm in spring drills would suggest otherwise. Manning was not all the impressive for Texas in spring drills.
no Idea on that angle, didn't see it and I am not a texas fan, but I have watched his high school tapes and read the recruiting articles, he's got something. I can tell you he looked way better in HS than anyone we have or have coming in, but his HS tape is all I have seen and I ultimately don't care lol

Reactions: JASUN74
no Idea on that angle, didn't see it and I am not a texas fan, but I have watched his high school tapes and read the recruiting articles, he's got something. I can tell you he looked way better in HS than anyone we have or have coming in, but his HS tape is all I have seen and I ultimately don't care lol

UGA recruited Arch very hard till the very end, so he was a big want for Kirby and staff. But he played in the smallest private school classification in La. While there have been some great players come out of that school, they normally won the state championship, Arch's team got blown out by 30 points. He isn't a statue, but is more like his uncle when it comes to being able to move than his grandfather. But there are rumors floating around that he is looking to move on. His film shows him to be very accurate, but doesn't put much zip on the ball. I hope UGA passes on him if he does hit the portal

Reactions: K_TIME
This is what I've heard as well. The Manning family only committed to Texas if they were assured Arch would sit out the Zombie final Big 12 season of bad refs, bad road trips, and cheap shots. They only wanted him playing in SEC games.

Seems like the kid is having a good time in Austin, I'm not so sure he will bolt and go somewhere new if Ewers returns (he should, hasn't shown enough). Or if he is in fact good enough right now, with zero CFB snaps, to start in 2024 for a place like LSU or Georgia.

This is what I've heard as well. The Manning family only committed to Texas if they were assured Arch would sit out the Zombie final Big 12 season of bad refs, bad road trips, and cheap shots. They only wanted him playing in SEC games.

Seems like the kid is having a good time in Austin, I'm not so sure he will bolt and go somewhere new if Ewers returns (he should, hasn't shown enough). Or if he is in fact good enough right now, with zero CFB snaps, to start in 2024 for a place like LSU or Georgia.

I posted above that I hope UGA passes on him this time around, it's true the Mannings were expecting a RS, not just at Texas but at UGA too, or whereever he signed. Seemed like a good kid, and because he was RS may be why he was running number 3, but the ball just doesn't jump off his hand. I know that doom him to be a bust, but it doesn't hurt having a big arm and a big arm doesn't guarantee success either.

Whether there is any truth to your claim or not has no bearing on whether or not the plan was to red shirt from the beginning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT