ADVERTISEMENT

Any Defensive Players In Portal That UK Wants?

YaketySax

Senior
Jun 28, 2018
I’ve tracked portal news casually so pardon if I’m wrong on this, but I’ve not seen UK associated with defensive players in the portal aside form the MSU CB.

Does this indicate the coaches feel good with the depth/development on that side of the ball?

Is this a strategic decision to prioritize finite NIL budget on offensive skill positions and Walker?

Does Trevin Wallace going pro free up what his NIL payday would have been to use elsewhere?

All of this is also framed by what reporting we do have…don’t know how much of the iceberg is under the water line so to speak.

I imagine there's constant eval going on and yes, I'm sure there's defensive guys they're interested in, edge rusher, ILBs/DBs. But keep in mind this is just the first portal round. There will be another post-bowl portal dump upcoming.

Reactions: YaketySax
If we stay in the same defense we have to get some speed and athleticism on the edge.

Sounds like Dumas-Johnson is now at Auburn for another visit and it appears they are rolling out the red carpet for him. I hope he cares about more than just NIL, otherwise we probably don't have much of chance with this one. Auburn has some mighty deep pockets.

Reactions: YaketySax
I’ve tracked portal news casually so pardon if I’m wrong on this, but I’ve not seen UK associated with defensive players in the portal aside form the MSU CB.

Keep tracking portal news because you have missed some of it. A LB who formerly played for GA visited UK this weekend. Several transferring CBs seem interested. Public knowledge. Or just read the "UK football and the December transfer portal" thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT