ADVERTISEMENT

Another Polite Recruit??

LmdCat

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Caleb Wilson another top recruit said, “Coach Pope has not reached out. I’m still interested in the school. They have a good basketball program, but coach Pope hasn’t reached out. It’s still an SEC program. They still have a rich basketball culture, whether Coach Cal is there or not." It is amazing how polite recruits have been to Kentucky since Cal's departure.

Caleb Wilson another top recruit said, “Coach Pope has not reached out. I’m still interested in the school. They have a good basketball program, but coach Pope hasn’t reached out. It’s still an SEC program. They still have a rich basketball culture, whether Coach Cal is there or not." It is amazing how polite recruits have been to Kentucky since Cal's departure.
You're knocking it out of the park with the threads you have started.
Love the passion.
I'll be honest. I hated the takes you had on Wheeler in the past. I told you so.
But sir you have been spot on with takes lately.

Not to start any drama brotha.. But can we all please stop throwing shade and move on lol.. Y’all realize that man’s living rent free in your head , right? Even though it’s about a recruit, Cals name still finds a way in there and he’s loving it. Let pope do his thing and that alone will speak for itself 👌

PS …. Again, no drama, im on your side 👍

He has an offer from Cal back in June of last year. He is one Cal targets. He has unofficially visited Kentucky. Duke , UNC, Kansas and many other schools have offered him too.

Kinda a "what can I do for you" instead of " what's in it for me"?

Reactions: LmdCat
Kid is asked about a school, kid says nice things about school. Wash, rinse, repeat.

You’ve got a strange fixation with this.

It’s like after every OV a kid says they liked the school, etc. Never does a kid come out and say, nah, don’t like it, it was awful, etc.

Kid is asked about a school, kid says nice things about school. Wash, rinse, repeat.

You’ve got a strange fixation with this.

It’s like after every OV a kid says they liked the school, etc. Never does a kid come out and say, nah, don’t like it, it was awful, etc.
Obviously, your fixation is even stranger since you feel the need to translate the meaning of each recruit's comments. It must really get under your skin that the sky over Kentucky didn't fall when Kal slithered out of the Blue Grass State. I can hardly wait until you join him.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I know Pooe has been in contact with the Riley kid from Canada. He is pretty dam busy at the moment trying to build a roster for next season and is behind almost every other Power 5 program. He will be after the 25’s soon enough

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Not to start any drama brotha.. But can we all please stop throwing shade and move on lol.. Y’all realize that man’s living rent free in your head , right? Even though it’s about a recruit, Cals name still finds a way in there and he’s loving it. Let pope do his thing and that alone will speak for itself 👌

If you go back and reread my post, you should realize that the point of it is that Kentucky hasn't lost recruits' interest just because of a coaching change. Cal isn't living rent free in my head. He is living in a pig pin that he wishes he hadn't gotten himself into. He hates it so much that he has renamed it Calipari U.

I am not going to give you any advice on what to post and I won't accept any advice from you on what to post. You do have the option of not reading any thread that offends you, but you don't have the option of controlling what is posted on this board brotha. PS ...I am on Pope's and Kentucky's side even if some are offended by it, just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: JASUN74

Posts like this are so fricking old. No one’s living in anyone’s head. People like discussing topics related to their interests. Stop the presses.

Not sure where this was coming from?
The recruit said nice things about Kentucky
The response was that he was offered, however if Pope and staff had not yet reached out to him it follows that Calipari offered
That’s a simple statement ..

Maybe I’m missing something?

Mentioning Wilson got me thinking about how much a "super" class would cost in today's NIL market.
I'm sure Cal has his sights set on a class of
Dybanasta
Wilson
Peterson or Thomas
Acuff/ Johnson
Since AJ has already been labeled as a "generational" talent, I'm sure his asking price will at least be 1.5 mil.
You could easily have 4 mil wrapped up in 4-5 players.
What would the Twins/ Randle/Young/Dakari/Lee class have cost?

Reactions: JASUN74
Not sure why some are giving you a hard time for this post. I get most of my info from this board. If a recruit says something like "They still have a rich basketball culture, whether Coach Cal is there or not."...I love hearing stuff like that. And so does everyone else whether they admit it or not.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Mentioning Wilson got me thinking about how much a "super" class would cost in today's NIL market.
Dybanasta
Wilson
Peterson or Thomas
Acuff/ Johnson
Since AJ has already been labeled as a "generational" talent, I'm sure his asking price will at least be 1.5 mil.
Crazy to think about some of the past greats who’ve come here. Haha ! Talk about the billion we would’ve spent getting 15 years worth of the best of the best. It’s going to be a crazy next few years and I believe quite a few programs may eventually even shut down their football and Basketball programs. I would hate that but we’ll see I guess. I just hate the thought of paying college players to play for our school but it’s pay or no play now I suppose. I’m just really proud and happy I got to see the real college experience in my life and hate the kids growing up into Ky fans won’t get to feel that love our older players had. I can still see all those seniors crying on senior night and it brings tears to my old eyes. You bring up some great questions there buddy.

Dybanasta
Wilson
Peterson or Thomas
Acuff/ Johnson
Acuff is overrated Imho

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT