ADVERTISEMENT

And yet…

Can we not do this after the 4th regular season game of the year against Stonehill
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Seems like this hasn't been true so far this season.

Reed (and Dilly) seemingly played just as many minutes as Wagner and Edwards did. Its game 4 and Cal is already playing the guard we want him to play for roughly 30min.

We have posters complaining about Reed not playing when Reed just scored 25 points and was our best player lol.

I think the best thing that could have happened was that AWFUL 2nd half start with Edwards and Wagner. It's more proof that at the very least, Dilly and Shep need 25 to 30mpg. And they are already getting it

Complaining about who starts sounds like a bunch of middle school parents who complain about their kid not starting.

Boxscore shows Wagner, Shep, Reeves, and Dillingham all having between 24-27 mins. Two of them were at 26 mins. That’s a very good distribution of minutes.

I like Rob and Shepherd coming off the bench. That gives UK a big boost.

I agree that the team needs to start well. Tonight’s early game problems tonight were not on offense, but they let the other team open up red hot.

I don’t care about who starts. Rob and Reed seem fine with their role. Players care more about how they’re used and their total minutes.

We are gonna need Wagner. Love Reed and think he may end up being the best guard. Just don't love these threads that seem to pit one player vs. another. We're gonna need both of em!
People wouldn't do this if they had faith that the best player would be given the keys to the car. The reason people are so quick to do this is becauase they know we have a coach who may try to hide the truth of who our best player is.

Kentucky is gonna need Wagner to be good, Reed has been great so far but Wagner also needs to be good if Kentucky has any shot of being where we want them to be
Well yeah of course we need him to be good. We need every guy on our team to play well. In Wagners case though I see a player who hasn't yet developed some key components of being a good college player. It is possible for him to do this but it is going to take a lot of hard work and it doesn't happen overnight. I am not dogging him just speaking the truth. True basketball skills go much further than above average athleticism. The thing for Reed is that he is a positive in both these categories.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Well yeah of course we need him to be good. We need every guy on our team to play well. In Wagners case though I see a player who hasn't yet developed some key components of being a good college player. It is possible for him to do this but it is going to take a lot of hard work and it doesn't happen overnight. I am not dogging him just speaking the truth. True basketball skills go much further than above average athleticism. The thing for Reed is that he is a positive in both these categories.
Kentucky need Wagner and Edwards to be better than just good, or atleast one of them to be, Wagner has tools, his jumpshot is just way far behind

Wow, you do realize Wagner has played a grand total of 4 college basketball games in his life?

Reactions: Fox2monk
How about starting Sheppard and Dillingham and let Wagner and Edwards be the spark off the bench. We might not get into a hole to start nearly every game.
Maybe the reason they play so well is coming off the bench? Some guys like Reeves last year do that well.

Kentucky need Wagner and Edwards to be better than just good, or atleast one of them to be, Wagner has tools, his jumpshot is just way far behind
But at this point they are what they are. Every team has their main guys and then the secondary guys. So what if Rob and Reed are what everyone thought Dj and Edwards were going to be? Maybe the roles are flipped but overall the same outcome. Our bucket getters are Reed, Rob, and Antonio. I even like adou and Mitchell over Edwards and Dj.

Reactions: UKMKG
He knocked in 3 treys tonight. I’d take that every game 2-6, 3-8 from distance as long as they are good shots. Keep the defense honest and have 4 guys who shoot decently is a great team. We finally have a modern shooting team on the floor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT