ADVERTISEMENT

Alvin Brooks III hired

If Fox isn't in the NIL/GM role, that would open the door for Nazr or another former player whose name escapes me. I think he's a manager or has some admin role with an NBA team out west.

Not saying either would take it, but Nazr might love UK enough to give it a go.
Wouldn’t that be great damn I feel like I’m in dreamland if Nazr comes back home too. Man Pope is just getting started….

Reactions: ORCAT10
Fox was bad at Georgia and atrocious at Cal. Funny how Kentucky fans don’t have that same energy with Mark Stoops who is the best coach UK football has had in my lifetime but do backflips to defend 3-29 Mark Fox. Mark Fox literally had a worse than Kenny Payne situation at Cal.

Stoops is paid top 10 salary in the country, Fox is not. Fox isn’t the head coach or even one of the main assistants. Fox will mainly be scouting, which he will excel at. I know, I know, facts aren’t welcome when agendas are being pushed.

If Fox isn't in the NIL/GM role, that would open the door for Nazr or another former player whose name escapes me. I think he's a manager or has some admin role with an NBA team out west.

Not saying either would take it, but Nazr might love UK enough to give it a go.
If I'm not mistaken, I think Fox was over NIL at Georgetown before accepting a position on Pope's staff.

Rajon Rondo is on campus taking classes...

He's got a lot of irons in the fire though, podcasts, coaching his kids travel teams, completing degree...

If he is interested, he's the guy. Dude is well regarded as a savant by all his NBA peers.
I would hope not. Although sources say he has a great basketball mind, he is not coaching material with the persona that is reported by his teammates in the NBA. He loves himself.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Not sure who the other play is you might be referring too. The other former player in an exec position is Prince as a VP with the Grizzlies. I just don't think any of these guys would want to leave a job like that to come work in the current state of college basketball with the NIL/transfer portal.
Nazr Mohammed is an exec with Oklahoma City i believe

Nazr Mohammed is an exec with Oklahoma City i believe
He is...he was the initial person I responded about and said I doubt he comes back to the college ranks. They the reply was saying that he thought there was another former player our west in a front office role, but I'm not sure who that good be. 'Buke is the color guy for the Warriors, but not front office.

He is...he was the initial person I responded about and said I doubt he comes back to the college ranks. They the reply was saying that he thought there was another former player our west in a front office role, but I'm not sure who that good be. 'Buke is the color guy for the Warriors, but not front office.
Isn’t Prince in the front office of an NBA team?

Reactions: Jerbear76
Brooks is a great hire and is really well respected in the college game, however lets temper expectations a bit. Of the 3 MCDAA's he recruited to Baylor (George, Walter & Edgecombe) only VJ was a kid he pulled from a different region. The majority of his star players are kids from Texas who want to stay close to home. With UK on his warmup hopefully he can expand his recruiting nationally.

I swear to god some people dont take 20 seconds to think things through. Rondo is better positioned to help us where he's at with his ties to AAU. He'd have to cut those ties to join the staff and while it helps with 2 years maybe, then its over. Have Rajon stay in the AAU world and help us from there for many many more years. I'm sure people will find a way to pad his coffers for his services towards his Alma Mater.

As far as Ulis......... no . unless you want intel being given to Cal because he's vastly more loyal to Cal than UK/Pope.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Tubby Smith in 2 years at Georgia just off the top of my head. It’s a lot easier to win at Georgia in basketball than Kentucky in football. The point is Mark Fox has been flat out bad, why change the standards for Mark Fox? Since when is 2 NCAA Tournaments in 9 years at a power 5 school considered good? Why not have that same support for Mark Stoops who has done a lot more in a job that’s harder to win?

Yeah, I’m a troll who is worried about Mark Fox and defending Mark Stoops. Everyone who disagrees with y’all us somehow a troll.
Please leave. Gracious.

Yes, he is a VP with Memphis. He has future GM written all over him.

I'm not proposing a former UK athlete as future AD at UK< but if they ever went in that direction again, I'd be a huge proponent of Prince.
How about with our 5th open coaches spot be Prince or Nazr and have them head up the NIL position? Do you think they would come back to do it?

How about with our 5th open coaches spot be Prince or Nazr and have them head up the NIL position? Do you think they would come back to do it?
Highly doubt it. Those guys are both in line for lengthy careers as executives in the NBA. No reason for them yo come back to the mess of college athletics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT