ADVERTISEMENT

AI-Generated UK Basketball Country Song

I’m just glad an actual human being didn’t come up with that. Wow so bad.
I'm pretty sure someone wrote those lyrics. AI is not intelligent enough to weave together Pope/Calipari in that context.

The music part is decent, vocal sounds a little warbly but it's pretty impressive. But yeah who ever input the lyrics should be clubbed.

Reactions: chroix
It has potential but the lyric structure is

No Sad GIF by Dolly Parton

Amazing what ai can do.
It still takes someone with an understanding of music to make it work.

Nope. There are music generators that will crap this kind of stuff out all day long. The future is gonna be full of the worst crap you can imagine.

I'm pretty sure someone wrote those lyrics. AI is not intelligent enough to weave together Pope/Calipari in that context.

The music part is decent, vocal sounds a little warbly but it's pretty impressive. But yeah who ever input the lyrics should be clubbed.
Nope. There are music generators that will crap this kind of stuff out all day long. The future is gonna be full of the worst crap you can imagine.
Actually, AI did completely write the lyrics. The consensus here is that the song sucks. I agree and that is great news for professional musicians. I have to use AI every day because of what I do but the hype over it being so creative is just not true yet. Maybe someday but not today. I posted the video just to see the reaction. So far you all are pretty good music critics. :)

Reactions: chroix
Actually, AI did completely write the lyrics. The consensus here is that the song sucks. I agree and that is great news for professional musicians. I have to use AI every day because of what I do but the hype over it being so creative is just not true yet. Maybe someday but not today. I posted the video just to see the reaction. So far you all are pretty good music critics. :)

Yep. I’ve dug in pretty deep and once you go past the surface level of any of them they start breaking down at an unacceptable rate. Maybe someday but nowhere near ready for prime time in my book.

Well I'm old so I like true country music so I like the song. Better than that hip hop trash out there. JMO

So it knows how to form a pattern, number of measures, beats and timing.
Doesn't need programed?
Amazing.

So it knows how to form a pattern, number of measures, beats and timing.
Doesn't need programed?
Amazing.
Through access to the internet AI has access to all musical patterns so it can produce them but nothing will be original. AI could eventually help musicians be more efficient but nobody is going to use AI to write a decent song without them already being a musician capable of writing a good song without the AI. Just like you can use AI to write your school paper but another AI tool will tell the grader that it was not written by humans, no AI song will have any originality and will easily be discovered as AI created by another AI program. At the present time AI is just computer programs trying to mimic human output.

Through access to the internet AI has access to all musical patterns so it can produce them but nothing will be original. AI could eventually help musicians be more efficient but nobody is going to use AI to write a decent song without them already being a musician capable of writing a good song without the AI. Just like you can use AI to write your school paper but another AI tool will tell the grader that it was not written by humans, no AI song will have any originality and will easily be discovered as AI created by another AI program. At the present time AI is just computer programs trying to mimic human output.
Makes sense .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT