ADVERTISEMENT

Adou Thiero is down to five schools

If Adou goes to UNC I am going to going to vomit.

I know very few follow any of my posts but I have probably been higher on this kid than anyone on the board since the summer before his Freshman year. It will make me sick to see him leave UK but to go to a rival and specifically UNC will just be a disaster.

I stopped following recruiting that closely about 3 years ago due to it not really mattering with Cals style of play and just all the up and down, but this NIL portal stuff is 1000% worse, Christ. I mean seems like every player on every team leaves, what a nightmare. Wake me up in October.

Why does it have to mostly be schools I hate? Why is Arkansas even on there? Unless his displeasure with Cal was just a rumor.
If he chooses one of the 3 I don't want him to he'll go from one of my favorites to a KMA in a heart beat.....not that he would care.

Any portal player is smart to put UK, arky, and iu-bloomington in their final list. Those are the three programs building rosters and paying big dollars. It’s all a leverage play, a smart one at that (whether fans like it or not).
Louisville currently has 5 guys committed and ones redshirting. They are in roster rebuild mode as well. Sucks that the teams we’re competing with to build a roster are rivals in some capacity.

Reactions: TX-Wildcat
I stopped following recruiting that closely about 3 years ago due to it not really mattering with Cals style of play and just all the up and down, but this NIL portal stuff is 1000% worse, Christ. I mean seems like every player on every team leaves, what a nightmare. Wake me up in October.

Agree. I can't follow it anymore. Total train wreck. I know these coaches make millions but honestly I don't see how they do it anymore.

Thiero has gotten more love for less output than just about any UK player I can remember. Looks like he’s on skates when he handles the ball, has a 3-4 foot vertical and can’t score around the basket, and is only an average rebounder for his size. I understand the growth spurt stunted his development, but his impact is limited.

Has he gotten his back fixed? Not sure how much anyone wants to pay for damaged goods.

Billie Joe Armstrong GIF by Global Citizen

Am I the only one who really doesn’t want Adou on Kentucky? He’s a good player but Williams and Osobor are better. I think he ends up at UNC

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Am I the only one who really doesn’t want Adou on Kentucky? He’s a good player but Williams and Osobor are better. I think he ends up at UNC
He's high energy, solid defensively (relative to the rest of the team last season), and needs more polish and minutes than what Cal and his staff could provide. If Adou figures out some offense, and I think he will, he'll be a force. I think he's willing to put in the work and he was one of my favorite players last year because I felt like he gave a damn more than a lot of others.

Thiero has gotten more love for less output than just about any UK player I can remember. Looks like he’s on skates when he handles the ball, has a 3-4 foot vertical and can’t score around the basket, and is only an average rebounder for his size. I understand the growth spurt stunted his development, but his impact is limited.

I'd take him back on the team.

If Great and Williams are coming dont see a starting spot so doubt he returns.

I want him back soooooo much.

I do as well, but I have to default to the notion that he's going to Arkansas or the NBA, even if he's not going to be used properly or coached well at Arkansas. I think he'd develop well in the system Pope runs and could work his way into good draft position for next year.

He was one of my and my friends' favorite players on the team, but I don't know how much that means to him or any player anymore.

SMH...Arkansas AND Kentucky? Is he trolling? Don't trust anything to do with Cal atm. Probably already committed. Just waiting for the "right" time to announce.

Reactions: Girthang
For Ado to think about going to Arkansas after how Cal used, or misused him at times, is a head scratcher.

It really is mind-numbing.

The tactics Cal uses are not much different than brain-washing. He breaks kids down that will allow it but only builds them up in his image, which is why so many are not able to handle the big moments until they've been away from him a few years. Few will figure it out. Their programming won't allow it

I remember someone telling me he heard the guys talk while they were here that first year he was here, they thought he was smothering them and trying to force them to be a "family unit" more than a team and they were sick of being around each other so much by the time they lost in the tourney. Yet you hear them now talking about wanting to have stayed. Had to be really hard psychologically to be in an environment where you loved the fans and community, disliked being forced where you didn't want to go, but also thought the world of your coach because of what he told you to think. ADD TO THAT how he set the players at odds with the fans more and more over the past 8 years and it's a Stockholm Syndrome kinda situation.

They got to be thinking.... "Where else can I go?" Z more than anyone since he's new to the country.

He's high energy, solid defensively (relative to the rest of the team last season), and needs more polish and minutes than what Cal and his staff could provide. If Adou figures out some offense, and I think he will, he'll be a force. I think he's willing to put in the work and he was one of my favorite players last year because I felt like he gave a damn more than a lot of others.
I agree but losing him to another team wouldn’t be a big deal, especially if we land Williams and Osobor. Assuming we land both I’m sure Adou wouldn’t want to return and fight for minutes again.

I agree but losing him to another team wouldn’t be a big deal, especially if we land Williams and Osobor. Assuming we land both I’m sure Adou wouldn’t want to return and fight for minutes again.
No chance that Pope could use him more as a SF? He's about the same size as Darius Miller and given his growth between years one and two, could develop a solid 3 pt shot by next year. He's not great at 31%, but I think he could really be a valuable asset and fan favorite if he returned.

I think he would be a really fun 4 in Pope’s offense. Since the basketball world today seems to be about money and nothing more, I’ll just assume Arkansas (despite him / his family not seeming that high on Cal) and take a pleasant surprise if it turns out otherwise.
I can tell ya one thing if he comes back. He won't be driving into a lane with 5 defenders on him like he did in the dribble/drive crap. Lane would be open with the 5 out offense.

Probably not the only one, but we have to stop thinking and reacting the way we've been conditioned under Cal.

1) Cal didn't adjust to his opponents, so his starting groups became more inflexible as time wore on.
2) Playing time under Cal was not earned.
3) Cal had no freaking clue what a bench is or what it could possibly be used for...
4) Cal is a square peg meet round hole kind of guy. If you don't fit, he'll try to break you and remake you or give up on you altogether.
5) Heart hustle and hard work didn't mean much of anything unless you weren't a starter.

Because of this we only wanted the best available at each position regardless of fit or depth. That's a quick ticket home in March, and something we have to unlearn quickly.

1) Pope will play deeper into his bench as warranted for the team and
2) Adjusting for each opponent.
3) The bench will not be a place of relegation but a tool for instruction.
4) Heart hustle and hard work will mean more for everyone on the team.
5) Pope tries to find the best strategic fit for his teams, will always be looking for ways to build players up, and players who earn time will not sit on the bench for political reasons.

Adou will likely leave because of who coached him here, but he could learn and benefit a lot from being at UK that he will never see at Arkansas.

Well, if he goes to Arkansas, that's one fan theory that will get debunked. Seems like these guys don't hate Cal as much as we thought. The fact that he's even considering them is shocking really.
I think there's something going on behind the scenes where he makes guarantees to them about getting into the NBA.

Reactions: Girthang
I think there's something going on behind the scenes where he makes guarantees to them about getting into the NBA.

I don't think so. I think the fans just dislike Cal more than the players do. We thought Adou and his camp hated playing for him. Yet Arkansas is still in his final schools. Something doesn't add up. Maybe Adpu just didn't want to be recruited over, which has a less of a chance of happening at Arkansas?

I thought I read that Ark is promising double amount NIL for any prior UK player committing to Ark?
This is silly and the way you know it isn't true is because "double" is being claimed. That's lazy conspiracy ideas of a fan or a media member that wants to create buzz.

In real business, and make no doubt, Jerry Jones is a real businessman, they wouldn't do double. That is paying over 100% more than their competition. If it were real, it would be rumored to be like 20 or 25% more but not DOUBLE.

Sounds like the conspiritorial ramblings of a jaded fan or desperate for clout and "inside information" media member.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT