Cousins

Third Team

Kyrie Irving
Klay Thompson
Blake Griffin
Tim Duncan
Deandre Jordan

Reactions: brianpoe
Congrats to AD AND Boogie for showing out. Suck that J. Wall has so much talent ahead of him at the PG slot. Probably deserved to be on one of these teams.

congrats to AD and Boog. Great honor for both being so young. Sky is the limit for these 2.

Maybe I'm biased but I'd put him ahead of Kyrie myself. Not as good a shooter but WAY better playmaker, passer, and finisher.

Thought Kawhi would make a team, but ended up being the leading vote getter to not make it.

There's a handful of guys you could easily argue deserve to be on one of the teams just based on the traditional standard of what has typically earned you a spot.

But damn it's hard to find a guy to leave off. The league is just stacked right now.

Damn the PG position in the NBA is so deep right now. When Kyrie is 3rd team and there's already 2 PGs on the 2nd team...

Yea sucks for guys like Wall, Conley, Lillard, Teague. Going to be tough to crack these lists in the upcoming years when you're behind Curry, Westbrook, Paul.

If it counts for anything. John Wall was named one of the first 5 out. Meaning he just missed 3rd team all NBA.

If it counts for anything. John Wall was named one of the first 5 out. Meaning he just missed 3rd team all NBA.

He got 50 points, was 62 points shy of 3rd team. First 5 out was Kawhi, Milsap, Horford, Wall, Butler.

Reactions: MWes11
The issue with the voting is that just by looking at the others receiving votes, you can tell that positional restriction played a big factor in total votes received.

A guy like Wall got less votes than someone like Leonard or a big like Pau, even though he's more deserving with regards to being an "elite" player, just because he plays PG. He didn't have a better year than Curry, Russ or CP3, so he wasn't going to get many votes.

Not to take anything away from Duncan, but if he was a PG, he wouldn't have 15 All-NBA selections. Kobe has benefitted from a weak SG crop the last several years as well.

It's also worth noting that Durant is hurt and would otherwise be a first or second team lock. The NBA is unreal right now.

The issue with the voting is that just by looking at the others receiving votes, you can tell that positional restriction played a big factor in total votes received.

A guy like Wall got less votes than someone like Leonard or a big like Pau, even though he's more deserving with regards to being an "elite" player, just because he plays PG. He didn't have a better year than Curry, Russ or CP3, so he wasn't going to get many votes.

Not to take anything away from Duncan, but if he was a PG, he wouldn't have 15 All-NBA selections. Kobe has benefitted from a weak SG crop the last several years as well.

It's also worth noting that Durant is hurt and would otherwise be a first or second team lock. The NBA is unreal right now.
WEll it's voted on as guards, forwards, centers, so all PGs also compete against SGs. Going to be a long while before Wall is going to be able to beat out guys like Harden, Curry, Westbrook, and Paul when they are healthy.

Additionally, all SFs compete against all PFs. Hence why there are only two SGs and one SF on the three teams.

I don't want to see them go this route, but it would be interesting to see how the voting would turn out if it was a simply a 1-15 vote with top five on first-team, second five on second, and third five on third.

Happy for AD and Boogie, but John Wall got ROBBED. Nobody in their right mind thinks Kyrie Irving is better than Wall. Led NBA in assists and made All-NBA Defensive Second Team, but no All-NBA? The only thing Kyrie does better than Wall is score and he only averaged 4 points more per game. Wall is significantly better than Kyrie at every other facet of the game. Plus Wall led his team to the playoffs as its' best player. We saw what Cleveland looked like without Lebron.

WEll it's voted on as guards, forwards, centers, so all PGs also compete against SGs. Going to be a long while before Wall is going to be able to beat out guys like Harden, Curry, Westbrook, and Paul when they are healthy.

Additionally, all SFs compete against all PFs. Hence why there are only two SGs and one SF on the three teams.

I don't want to see them go this route, but it would be interesting to see how the voting would turn out if it was a simply a 1-15 vote with top five on first-team, second five on second, and third five on third.

Right, but what I'm saying (or was trying to say that didn't come across clearly lol) is that voters are also thinking of traditional positions when casting votes.

It may be listed as G/F/C but when you ask someone to choose All-NBA team selections, I bet you they immediately (even subconsciously) separate things differently. I'm okay with that, because it's hard to leave any of those PF/C's off even if a real "team" wouldn't play Aldridge or Griffin at the three.

Either way, Wall was probably the fourth or fifth best PG in the league this year. Can't be mad that he was left off, just happens to be a deep position and the one that is more clearly defined than the others.

Well deserved for AD and I cam glad Boogie is getting the recognition he deserves!

Right, but what I'm saying (or was trying to say that didn't come across clearly lol) is that voters are also thinking of traditional positions when casting votes.

It may be listed as G/F/C but when you ask someone to choose All-NBA team selections, I bet you they immediately (even subconsciously) separate things differently. I'm okay with that, because it's hard to leave any of those PF/C's off even if a real "team" wouldn't play Aldridge or Griffin at the three.

Either way, Wall was probably the fourth or fifth best PG in the league this year. Can't be mad that he was left off, just happens to be a deep position and the one that is more clearly defined than the others.

Top point guards right now:

1. Curry
2. Westbrook
3. CP3
4. Wall

The uproar about Wall being left off the list is due to Kyrie being picked over him. Had John Wall been healthy the entire series, he would have led the Wizards to the eastern conference finals. If you switch Wall for Kyrie that Washington team probably doesn't even make the playoffs.

Reactions: ColonelCat
First Team

Harden
Curry
LeBron
AD
Marc Gasol

Second Team

Westbrook
Cp3
Pau
Aldridge
Cousins

Third Team

Kyrie Irving
Klay Thompson
Blake Griffin
Tim Duncan
Deandre Jordan

No Wall, hard to believe that there are 3-4 better PG's in the NBA.

Nobody in their right mind thinks Kyrie Irving is better than Wall.

COWHERD-PICKING-HIS-NOSE.gif

Happy for AD and Boogie, but John Wall got ROBBED. Nobody in their right mind thinks Kyrie Irving is better than Wall. Led NBA in assists and made All-NBA Defensive Second Team, but no All-NBA? The only thing Kyrie does better than Wall is score and he only averaged 4 points more per game. Wall is significantly better than Kyrie at every other facet of the game. Plus Wall led his team to the playoffs as its' best player. We saw what Cleveland looked like without Lebron.
Yeah, and the past two Wizards teams that Wall helped lead to the playoffs had significantly more talent than Kyrie did before this season. Cleveland doesn't sniff the playoffs in the Kyrie-led era if Wall is the only high quality player on the team. That's not a knock on Wall, I think he's overall a better player, it's a knock on what was surrounding Kyrie throughout his career. However, Kyrie is the much better fit for Cleveland than Wall is as Cleveland already has the guy that can run the show in LeBron, they need Kyrie's scoring and shooting more than they need Wall's lack of shooting. Although Wall's defense would help a ton, I'm not sure if it makes up for what he lacks as a scorer relative to Kyrie.

I would actually be in favor of just picking the top 5 guys, regardless of position. Same thing in college.

The Gasol's get it done year after year. Its gotta be cool to make ALL-NBA teams as brothers.

Yeah, and the past two Wizards teams that Wall helped lead to the playoffs had significantly more talent than Kyrie did before this season. Cleveland doesn't sniff the playoffs in the Kyrie-led era if Wall is the only high quality player on the team. That's not a knock on Wall, I think he's overall a better player, it's a knock on what was surrounding Kyrie throughout his career. However, Kyrie is the much better fit for Cleveland than Wall is as Cleveland already has the guy that can run the show in LeBron, they need Kyrie's scoring and shooting more than they need Wall's lack of shooting. Although Wall's defense would help a ton, I'm not sure if it makes up for what he lacks as a scorer relative to Kyrie.

As we saw in Miami, Lebron's teams are really good when he is surrounded by good three point shooting. Wall shot 30% from three this season while Kyrie shot 42%. I think they are both in good spots to maximize their talents right now. Kyrie has continuously had issues staying healthy though, I think that will play a big role in which player develops more in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT