ADVERTISEMENT

3 Arkansas basketball players arrested

Are Arky boosters printing their own money to meet the payroll???????
Seriously, sounds like a lot of cash for walk around money.
Do they have jobs?...parents with money?.......

Employers don't pay with phony cash..........banks don't cash checks with phony money.

Somebody is guilty of something.......big time.

I hate to here any program having trouble with there players, but this could really hurt Arkansas Basketball program.

Somebody might wanna check Roger Ayers wallet for some of those greenbacks.

Just another program that lays in the wake of the Big Blue.

Just another program that if you read their board (Hogville), you would leave there with the idea that literally UK cheats and breaks every rule possible and they are the little engine that could just trying to mind their own business and keep up "the right way."

It's actually a lot like the IU board, minus any sort of conference fellowship.

Reactions: jarms24 and Delk#00
Oh, and as for counterfeit bills? It's a felony, even just for possession and passing.

If it's one random person? Fine. It could happen to any of us, unknowingly, probably HAS happened to all of us. Three random guys, all friends and on the same basketball team? There's more going on here.

Doubt these guys ever play for UA again. All were significant players.

From the details you can't conclude how they came upon the bills, but its pretty safe to assume they didn't manufacturer the bills themselves. So they probably purchased them, robbed someone for an ounce, and were caught spending the remainder on swishers. The dumb ones are predictable and easy to catch.

That's a huge blow if they lose Anton Beard. He was really good for them.

I'm not going to cry too much for Arkansas, if they are terrible this year that could only help us with Malik Monk.

Reactions: brianpoe
I hate to here any program having trouble with there players, but this could really hurt Arkansas Basketball program.

Could really hurt Arkansas basketball program? How have they not been hurting? Not like they are really setting the college basketball scene on fire or anything.

From the details you can't conclude how they came upon the bills, but its pretty safe to assume they didn't manufacturer the bills themselves. So they probably purchased them, robbed someone for an ounce, and were caught spending the remainder on swishers. The dumb ones are predictable and easy to catch.

Asking to change 50's for hundreds they knew what they we're doing.

Asking for an exchange of two fifties for a $100 bill, doesn't make their case for not knowing something. How do people think they can get away with this in their own area. Go to Disney or go to NY City, this wasn't very smart and the ones who made these bills are going down very soon.

That's a huge blow if they lose Anton Beard. He was really good for them.

I'm not going to cry too much for Arkansas, if they are terrible this year that could only help us with Malik Monk.

Not wishing bad stuff on any program but Monk was one of the first things I thought of when seeing this thread too. Why would he now even consider going to that train wreck of a program when UK is offering him? That, plus the real obnoxious Arkansas fan that sat next to me in Rupp last year have me not feeling too sorry for the Hogs. Bad to judge a fan base on one fan but this guy was beyond terrible and in our house, that didn't set well with anyone in our area.

Reactions: brianpoe
Same thoughts here Orcat - this may lock up Monk for us - Arky wasn't looking great this year or next even without this mess.

I have a hard time thinking Monk wants to join up with a 15 to 20 loss Arkansas team that will probably be in even worse shape if/when he arrives.

Hopefully it gets blazing hot in Fayetteville for Anderson, so much so that only one choice remains for Malik.

Young people doing dumb crap. I surely don't condone counterfeiting, but I do hope they are given a second to make up for it. Good luck to them going forward. Definitely a blow to their program if those guys aren't allowed to make up for their transgression.

Same thoughts here Orcat - this may lock up Monk for us - Arky wasn't looking great this year or next even without this mess.

We might have been pretty good the year after next with monk but now without a true PG on the roster and Kapita up in the air that hurts a lot. We literally don't have a backup PG now and our starting PG now was an NAIA all American two years ago lol

We lost Portis and Qualls to the draft, Nick Babb transferred to Iowa State for playing time (which he would get a lot of now ironically) and now this. That's a lot of attrition

Young people doing dumb crap. I surely don't condone counterfeiting, but I do hope they are given a second to make up for it. Good luck to them going forward. Definitely a blow to their program if those guys aren't allowed to make up for their transgression.

Counterfeiting is a huge deal that deserves huge punishment. Underage drinking in a dorm room or smoking weed or something like that may deserve a second chance, but fake money?

Counterfeiting is a huge deal that deserves huge punishment. Underage drinking in a dorm room or smoking weed or something like that may deserve a second chance, but fake money?

It's a property crime rather than a crime of violence. Not a misdemeanor but not "huge".

If they had no knowledge or can't be linked to it? No big deal. Move on.

If they did, they are done. It's a federal crime and won't be washed away by a police department or administration. They might not be facing ultra serious time, but that's irrelevant. All we care about on this forum is their basketball status.

If a felony isn't "huge" to you, than you are likely posting from a prison cell.
Yeap, I thought the same. If you are convicted of a class one or two Felony you even lose your right to vote. In Kentucky, if I recall correctly, only a sitting Gov. can give it back to you.

Reactions: Nubb16
I'm waiting for the full story to come out but my initial reaction is to feel like either they knew what they were doing or they deny everything and say it was from a booster. Either they're in big trouble or Arkansas is in big trouble.

Then again, Arkansas can possibly play the "we didn't know" card and skate. This will be interesting to watch from the outside.

Last edited:
Too bad they didn't play for UNC. This would never have seen the light of day. Business as usual. Maybe run a few laps and get fewer moon pies and coke colers is all. Roy is tough on his boys.

Reactions: UK till Death
I hate Arkansas and their arrogant/prick of a coach. I look forward to them fading back to irrelevancy after some very mediocre success last year. Beating the crap out of Ark twice last year with EASE was so fun to watch...the little guys actually thought they could speed UK up and outrun them....[roll]

First, I don't see what this has to do with those suggesting any impact to the coach or program in terms of guilt. It will impact because these 3 players will likely be kicked off the team but any guilt is just on them.

The challenge in any of these cases, or those who get in serious trouble at other programs is getting your head around kids who are given such special opportunities yet commit these crimes. It really demonstrates that however you grow up is your mind set, not the current fact of being a sports player at any major program.

What is equally continuing to be of obvious interest to Kentucky fans is how the one college that actually has documented institutional support to cheat (UNC) remains unscathed.

Why don't you cry about it Arkansas?
hqdefault.jpg

The bad thing is, this isn't smacking a girl or stealing a laptop from someone's room, this is a federal felony with imprisonment up to 15 years. It's not something that second chances are given very often.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT