ADVERTISEMENT

'25 QB Reclassifies To '23, Flips From...

If he's smart enough to do it and it seems this kid is smart since he has a 5.34 GPA and most likely taking AP classes. Do it. I wouldn't have gave up 2 years of high school for anything, but I wasn't highly recruited and getting paid millons of dollars to make that move so

I'm getting my years confused. Is he on the team this year? Ole Miss already has 3 highly rated QB's on their roster.

I really wished we could've gotten another QB from the portal because if Leary gets hurt we're in deep trouble, again.

Yeah, he is moving up 2 classes, signing in 23 class so reporting to Oxford and will be part of 2023 team roster. They got a portal transfer from an LSU freshman after last yr that team followers expect us the QB of the future. Reportedly 2022 starter Jaxon Dart improved enough to keep starting job for 23.

Again, for a smart guy with that gpa it is a very strange choice. Also weird for the Portal King to use a scholarship roster spot on a 16 yr old 4th or 5th string qb.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
The kid IS smart.

No pressure for him to be the starter for 2+ years, by which time he can graduate from college and transfer 2x to any school he wishes after 2+ years of development. Not likely to get thrown to the wolves too early. Can learn in a fast-paced system and be mentally and physically ready to play for a better program when he transfers.

If he's smart enough to do it and it seems this kid is smart since he has a 5.34 GPA and most likely taking AP classes. Do it. I wouldn't have gave up 2 years of high school for anything, but I wasn't highly recruited and getting paid millons of dollars to make that move so
“I wouldn’t have gave…” Your HS English teacher just called and asked you to come back for remedial training. 😉

Reactions: maroon79
Too young. I'd not take him unless I thought I could get him an extra RS season. Take him and RS 2 yea running? Maybe. Weird.
Here in Alabama a 8th grader led Thompson High School to its 3rd State Chanpionship in a row in the State's highest classification 7A. ALABAMA has already offered.

Here in Alabama a 8th grader led Thompson High School to its 3rd State Chanpionship in a row in the State's highest classification 7A. ALABAMA has already offered.

I am guessing Thompson is like Buford in Ga. They recruit like crazy and have kids from 4-5 counties with the highest population on their roster. Buford recruits nationwide. GHSA should bar them from post season in every sport.

I am guessing Thompson is like Buford in Ga. They recruit like crazy and have kids from 4-5 counties with the highest population on their roster. Buford recruits nationwide. GHSA should bar them from post season in every sport.
This is true ever since Tua moved from Hawaii to go there. It sort is funny my son went there and graduated in 2001, they never won over 7 games when he was there. Hoover High was the place that brought in players from everywhere back then. Russ Propst was their Coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT