ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD (THURSDAY)

In the commercial the guy says "be prepared for history to be written".

My first thought was Cal starts the 3 R's.

Gohlke might not be too smart with this quote:

They’ve got the best three-point percentage in the country. We think we shoot it better than they do, but they’re going to light it up if we don’t guard the three-point line. We’ve just got to go out there and force tough twos."

Well, genius, if we have the best percentage from three in the US, you don't shoot it better than we do. In fact, you're barely in the top 100 in three point shooting (#94) at 35.5%.

And they aren't going to make our guys who mostly have many inches in height beyond their players take "tough twos".

These guys are some dumbasses. I hope UK actually shows up and acts like they care and blows them out.

Gohlke might not be too smart with this quote:

They’ve got the best three-point percentage in the country. We think we shoot it better than they do, but they’re going to light it up if we don’t guard the three-point line. We’ve just got to go out there and force tough twos."

Well, genius, if we have the best percentage from three in the US, you don't shoot it better than we do. In fact, you're barely in the top 100 in three point shooting (#94) at 35.5%.

And they aren't going to make our guys who mostly have many inches in height beyond their players take "tough twos".
Let’s just get the dub

Looks like out of the first 8 games played today 5 lower seeded teams are going to win including 4 double digit seeds. It’s madness

These guys are some dumbasses. I hope UK actually shows up and acts like they care and blows them out.
We probably will.

But in fairness to these teams talking smack, how many of us watch other teams' pre-game interviews? I'm sure a ton of teams talk smack, it's just how they are. I'm sure 16 seeds in pre-game interviews talk smack, just like the rest. It's not specific to Kentucky, and it doesn't mean teams don't "fear" us.

Frankly, I think Oakland is scared shitless. You can tell by how they talk in these interviews - they talk us up and then try to act like they aren't afraid, using silly things like "we're older", "we have 90+ plays so they can't prepare", and this laugher "we hope our zone confuses them".

I believe the Cats come out tonight ready to not just win, but blast this little team back to reality.

I swear Cameron Mills pisses me off sometimes

Big time... you are not alone. He was in full CCC protection mode on the pregame show after a caller asked if CCC would be in jeopardy of losing his job if we lost this game.

‘Nothing to see here, everything is fine!’ He is delusional if he thinks we’re just going to accept mediocrity and being young and inexperienced every year going forward.

Guess I was just going by the seed number assigned. Yep, you are correct, SC shitvtge bed late in the season. Still had 26 wins.
Yeah I used to go by seeds. You could at one time I think. But last 5 years or so. The seeding some teams have gotten has been head scratching.

Alford doing his best Cal imitation. Started playing stall ball with 16 point lead with 7 minutes to go. Now 5 minutes to go they are only up 6.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
Guess I was just going by the seed number assigned. Yep, you are correct, SC shitvtge bed late in the season. Still had 26 wins.

It’s pretty wild to think that they got their 20th win on Feb. 6 and were 20-3. Went 6-5 the rest of the day.

Big time... you are not alone. He was in full CCC protection mode on the pregame show after a caller asked if CCC would be in jeopardy of losing his job if we lost this game.
Yeah, it wasn’t that so much they ticked me off but the air Of which he said it. Like, “ oh, there’s no way he will be on the hot seat.” Piss off Cameron..

‘Nothing to see here, everything is fine!’ He is delusional if he thinks we’re just going to accept mediocrity and being young and inexperienced every year going forward.
I didn't listen to it, but it makes me wonder why he's so protective of Cal.

Reactions: bbncal02
Probably something CBS did last minute and they'll fill that extra 10 minutes with commercials for those fans that didn't know it changed.

Still would like to know why our game was pushed with no reason. And ESPN still says 7:10 EDT.
Guessing after session one arena is cleared and you have to then go outside and wait even if you have both afternoon and evening session tickets about an hour before the game they open doors let fans back in. Lots of KY fans packed arena takes longer to get everyone inside maybe

Why would our game change? There isn't anyone playing before us.
The afternoon and evening games are different sessions, with different tickets to attend. So even if you had tickets for both sessions, you have to leave the arena for some time, and then get back in with the evening session. This happened to my son and I at the Yum center in 2014.

NCAA has a lot of rules around the tournament. They probably allow an hour between afternoon and evening sessions. Oregon v USCjr didn't complete until after 6pm..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT