ADVERTISEMENT

1 of the worst officiated games

2 of the last 3 fouls on us, I thought our guy jumped straight up with their arms straight up and we still got called for fouls
That call foul on Bradshaw was horse-shi** . He was completely vertical running down the lane, that florida guard has been watching scottie pippin junior, just throw your shoulder into the straight up defender, bounce off like you have been shot, and there is the predictably horrible sec whistle.

It was going fine until we went into halftime with 3 less fouls. You knew they would even it up in the second half. The SEC can’t help itself.
Yep, this is exactly what I was expecting. Truth is, Florida fouled more, but does that matter? Not in the SEC. They have to "even it up," especially when it comes to UK. I knew we'd get ripped a new one.

And that makes it even more impressive, between those officials and the "rowdy reptiles", that our young team, in its first true road game, was able to win. Our guys should definitely be commended. Review it, then forget it, then move on.

What are you even talking about? It was a question about officiating. I liked that the refs were a non factor today. Sorry that triggers you. Why did you think it was poorly officiated?
Whew I dunno man. I thought it was a really bad officiated game. You have to win them and our guys executed. Calipari finally forced them to go through Reed at the end to seal it (should be doing jt all game), but those officials were pretty bad. It was like defending drives were a foul against us no matter what.

What are you even talking about? It was a question about officiating. I liked that the refs were a non factor today. Sorry that triggers you. Why did you think it was poorly officiated?
Yeah a blind man could see we got a bunch of shit calls. It wasn’t the worst today but that second half was pretty horrid.

Reactions: grevey35
This. Guy jumped into reeves on the and-1.

Same with Bradshaws foul.
The Reeves on was close. Not overly upset at that one. The Bradshaw and Reed ones were S-Class level clown calls.

The Bradshaw one where he was straight up and down was a PERFECT example of an official anticipating a foul. Which is like Day 1 of ref school of what they teach you NOT to do!

Florida shot 11 more 3's and had 6 more fouls called on them than us and fouled us multiple times at the end to stop the clock and yet shot 1 more FT for the game....🤦‍♂️

That call foul on Bradshaw was horse-shi** . He was completely vertical running down the lane, that florida guard has been watching scottie pippin junior, just throw your shoulder into the straight up defender, bounce off like you have been shot, and there is the predictably horrible sec whistle.
Happened a lot in the UNC game also with the UNC guard, Davis jumping into our guys and we were getting called for fouls

• Angry
Reactions: howercat
And the camera seemed to show contact made on the arms or hand.

Many times its not called but it was a close game, if I was the ref, I'd called it.

THIS!! Jay Bilas was going on about what a great play it was.
Yeah, that was pathetic for Bilas to say that. Watch these guys enough over the years you know how they mostly just cover up their bias. The last two fouls we drew before halftime that they did not call and the TV guys are crickets.

He shouldn’t have done it. But it wasn’t a foul. Ref needs to do his job right.
As I said in another thread yeah it was a mistake but I also think it was an instinctive reaction not that he was trying to do anything heroic

Reactions: bbncal02
Yep, this is exactly what I was expecting. Truth is, Florida fouled more, but does that matter? Not in the SEC. They have to "even it up," especially when it comes to UK. I knew we'd get ripped a new one.

And that makes it even more impressive, between those officials and the "rowdy reptiles", that our young team, in its first true road game, was able to win. Our guys should definitely be commended. Review it, then forget it, then move on.
Exactly how I feel about it
do we need to do backflips and make it out to be a win over a top 5 team? No of course not
But it WAS a solid win over a decent team in their house. more importantly it was a really good test for our freshmen in a hostile environment. Got shook early on but managed to pull themselves together, even with poor shooting and worse officiating

Exactly how I feel about it
do we need to do backflips and make it out to be a win over a top 5 team? No of course not
But it WAS a solid win over a decent team in their house. more importantly it was a really good test for our freshmen in a hostile environment. Got shook early on but managed to pull themselves together, even with poor shooting and worse officiating
This. Win on the road in P5 is always always a good thing. I mean look at Marquette yesterday. They lost. They lost a bad Seaton Hall in a road game. I don’t understand why some are poo-poking his very good win.

My 90" TV showed me the Fla guy hit Reeves in the head when he blocked his shot which should have been a foul he got hammered on the back of his head...u can block the ball and still foul with the rest of your body.

My 90" TV showed me the Fla guy hit Reeves in the head when he blocked his shot which should have been a foul
Reeves was fouled back of head. Obvious foul, but this is the sec, worst officials in so sports.

Yeah, that was pathetic for Bilas to say that. Watch these guys enough over the years you know how they mostly just cover up their bias. The last two fouls we drew before halftime that they did not call and the TV guys are crickets.
Thats why I Iisten to Tom Leach and Goose when KY plays !!!

My 90" TV showed me the Fla guy hit Reeves in the head when he blocked his shot which should have been a foul
My bad, my tv is only 65 inches, but it was still a good block. If Bradshaw had blocked someone similarly, this board would have been going crazy if a foul was called.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT