ADVERTISEMENT

If Cal is about "changing kids lives"

K_TIME

All-American
Jan 2, 2003
1. If rumors are true....why didn't players get a face to face meeting before everybody else knew?
2. Let's see how all the players respond.
- I fully expect Travis Perry to stick with UK
- What about the rest of the class?
- Ugo?
- Bradshaw?
- DJ
- Burks
- Thiero
- Ivisic

Why not take them all to Arkansas....it's not like they don't have a wide open roster?

Reactions: Fox2monk
1. If rumors are true....why didn't players get a face to face meeting before everybody else knew?
2. Let's see how all the players respond.
- I fully expect Travis Perry to stick with UK
- What about the rest of the class?
- Ugo?
- Bradshaw?
- DJ
- Burks
- Thiero
- Ivisic

Why not take them all to Arkansas....it's not like they don't have a wide open roster?
They are all leaving my dude

Cal is all about Cal and his players agents funneling players to UK and him getting kickbacks for pushing them into the starting lineup and into the league. I am hoping that an NCAA investigation isn’t about to happen and Cal is running
I’m not, I don’t wanna pay for his dumbass and he didn’t even win.

He was only ever about changing certain guys lives. He definitely had no problem screwing reed and rob for the benefit of DJ and Edwards.
This is in no way a defense of Cal, I’ll be as happy for a change as anyone, but to say he screwed Reed because he didn’t start him is ridiculous. Reed still played the third most minutes on the team at 28 minutes per game. Whether he started or not he got starters minutes. You can argue it might have cost us some slow starts to games, that’s understandable, but Reed wasn’t screwed out of PT and was on the floor to close out games more often than not. Dillingham averaged 23 minutes per game, but periodic foul trouble contributed to that, otherwise he would have gotten starters minutes as well.

Reactions: megablue
This is in no way a defense of Cal, I’ll be as happy for a change as anyone, but to say he screwed Reed because he didn’t start him is ridiculous. Reed still played the third most minutes on the team at 28 minutes per game. Whether he started or not he got starters minutes. You can argue it might have cost us some slow starts to games, that’s understandable, but Reed wasn’t screwed out of PT and was on the floor to close out games more often than not. Dillingham averaged 23 minutes per game, but periodic foul trouble contributed to that, otherwise he would have gotten starters minutes as well.

He sacrificed the entire team's success to start those two guys the first five minutes of each half. He chose those guys' futures over everyone else.

Reactions: Mossip

From the perception I've gotten from reading most posts, it seemed most fans were mostly frustrated by Cal's reason for having those guys continue to come off the bench. He was "protecting" Edwards and Wagner's psyche. However, like many things from Cal, he likes to talk out of both sides of his mouth. On one hand, he says, "I cannot protect you" when he pulls guys but then says he's protecting these two. Which is it... do you or do you not protect them?

I understand part of being a coach is part psychologist b/c you are trying to find that space/method to get the most out of your players for both their growth and the team's benefit. However, as other have said, if either of those guys are that fragile, the LAST thing they need to be doing is even considering going to the NBA. So, if Cal is really "players first", he would be telling them the same.

Honestly, if this were the first occurrence of something like this, it would have been less of a lightning rod. However, most fans are just tired of his condescending, cliche'd filled talk towards fans, so this just added fuel to a fire that's been burning for a while.

Cal only cares about players who he can get to the draft in the NBA. If you can't do that, you're not "in his circle"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT