ADVERTISEMENT

“Midtucky” per Ant Wright

Yes, you’re right — I signed up 10 years ago & have posted 1,200 times for this moment … to just admit I have 0 idea how good we’ll be next season.

I didn’t realize cultish blind optimism of Final 4 expectations with this roster was required to post on this board.

Please, tell me what else is required to deem me “worthy”?
First step:

Stop passive aggressively linking tweets that demean and mock our program where you give credibility to such tweets by allowing them to see the light of day.

If you were truly curious about how good we will be, why spearhead that discussion by giving validity to a tweet that asserts that Pope's efforts are "mid."

But I'll give you a chance. Why link a tweet that mocks our incoming players where you clearly had no intention of attacking the same tweet you linked?

What's your rationale for this?

First step:

Stop passive aggressively linking tweets that demean and mock our program where you give credibility to such tweets by allowing them to see the light of day.

If you were truly curious about how good we will be, why spearhead that discussion by giving validity to a tweet that asserts that Pope's efforts are "mid."

But I'll give you a chance. Why link a tweet that mocks our incoming players where you clearly had no intention of attacking the same tweet you linked?

What's your rationale for this?

It's a troll. Playing troll games

You sure love calling anyone who disagrees with your opinion a troll.

I don't know his opinion, and I know you don't know mine. So keep trolling

(Maybe you just don't know what it means to troll on a message board, but your post just typified it.)

You're not a troll.

You just like to create threads that link them, give them credibility, and validate their trolling by asserting their mockery of our recruiting efforts when there's still weeks to go in the process.

Good call.
Fair enough. I’m not trying to argue.

I thought I INVALIDATED it by saying it’s impressive what Pope has assembled in just 2 weeks time in my OP & that it was time for change. Sorry that wasn’t enough. Agree to disagree, respectfully.

Sorry to interrupt but,! lol. Anyway, for anyone to actually look at all these guys as individuals and imagine them practicing together until game day, all the while bonding and learning how to play in Mark Popes style of game, to not think this team will be a top ten contender for a championship type team just blows my mind. We have already got a fantastic core of players who are flat out big dogs and are tough as nails. They can shoot the absolute lights out and are going to be a top defensive team as well. I respect the heck out of 80% of the people posting here, agree with you or not, I still respect your opinion and will listen to whatever you’re saying. With that, this team is going to be great in my opinion and if, IF, we do happen to get a couple more big time players, it’s going to be hard for anyone to beat this team. We got leaders everywhere and a bunch of dogs. I’m loving the makeup of the group and while of course I’d love to put Michael Jordan in his prime with them, we just don’t have to have that to be a well oiled machine kind of team. Still, give me MJs clone and let’s go. Haha. I’m seeing a top ten all season long team here already and with another couple guys we could be scary. Thanks

You're not a troll.

You just like to create threads that link them, give them credibility, and validate their trolling by asserting their mockery of our recruiting efforts when there's still weeks to go in the process.

Good call.

I count the disingenuousness as trolling. I've been on the boards too long I guess. When you go to those lengths to disguise the actual intent of the post, it smacks of trolling to me. There are any number of threads where they could have posted their opinion without linking to another troll's account or info, and without starting a whole new thread to do it.

You're definitely right, but on a technicality. Lol

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ant GIF

Piss Ant.

Yes, you’re right — I signed up 10 years ago & have posted 1,200 times for this moment … to just admit I have 0 idea how good we’ll be next season.

I didn’t realize cultish blind optimism of Final 4 expectations with this roster was required to post on this board.

Please, tell me what else is required to deem me “worthy”?
OK...this gets you half-way out. Now post a picture of a cancelled check to UK's NIL fund and we can all start respecting your fandom

Guess Pope will have to prove a lot of the national doubters wrong.

I’ll be honest — I have NO idea how UK will be next year — but it was 100% time for a change
… and something like what Pope is building is where we had to go.

No excuses — because it’s KENTUCKY — but, to build this staff and roster in 2.5 weeks (with hopefully still a surprise commit to come) is still pretty damn impressive.
I’m pretty sure that Butler and Williams would start. That guy talking about starting lineups is a poopoo head too.

Aaand maybe Robinson gets added too. If our bench is the freshmen, Oklahoma guy, Oklahoma St guy, and trash talker then we might be aight.

We got a team of role players so e better than others. Season depends on one of them stepping up and bei g that breakout star. You don't need a team of stars to win but you need 1 imo.

Got a ton of experience 5 transfer seniors/grad. That counts for alot which might make up for the lack of nba talent.

I appreciate how hard Pope n Co have worked and love the energy . Really looking forward to the season and see the new style. Just the roster is Tubbyesque it just is.

Reactions: dl51344
We got a team of role players so e better than others. Season depends on one of them stepping up and bei g that breakout star. You don't need a team of stars to win but you need 1 imo.

Got a ton of experience 5 transfer seniors/grad. That counts for alot which might make up for the lack of nba talent.

I appreciate how hard Pope n Co have worked and love the energy . Really looking forward to the season and see the new style. Just the roster is Tubbyesque it just is.
This team could mimic '98, a bunch of really good players w/out a lot of top-end star power, whose sum ends up greater than its parts. In fact, I'm kind of expecting it.

Guess Pope will have to prove a lot of the national doubters wrong.

I’ll be honest — I have NO idea how UK will be next year — but it was 100% time for a change
… and something like what Pope is building is where we had to go.

No excuses — because it’s KENTUCKY — but, to build this staff and roster in 2.5 weeks (with hopefully still a surprise commit to come) is still pretty damn impressive.
Shut down the program!

There's a reason all of these kids have been in school for so long and not off playing professionally somewhere.

Not saying Pope hasn't done well in the transfer portal (he clearly has) but I do think people expecting this roster to compete in the upper half of the SEC are in for a rude awakening.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
Gimmie a bucket in the post, even if he is a tweener and somebody that can proficiently drive, dish, and score mid in and we can get this off to a strong start studs or not.

Some coaches need the best of the best to win. Other coaches can plug guys in and keep winning because their system is so good and they have an eye for talent that is not just obvious to others. Even though the 2003 team didn't go super far in the tournament they were a joy to watch on offense and defense. That's the idea I see in what Pope is doing, but with a much better offensive system than Tubby ever had. Fitch and Daniels were lightly recruited but became key guys. 27-5 is nothing to sneeze at.

And nowadays there are so many good players at these smaller schools who are grown ass men after 3-4 years of D-1 ball. Alot of reporters will miss this because of the name on the front or their recruiting ranking years ago lol. It's just lazy sports journalism, not surprising these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT