ADVERTISEMENT

“I don’t know what Kentucky is doing.” - Dauster

Status
Not open for further replies.
People talk about what a great coach Bill Self is. He is a very good coach, to be sure. But the biggest difference between him and Cal is the media likes him and the referees like him. Neither of those groups like Cal, and I’m sorry, but that matters. A LOT.
Well, nobody likes Cal, except the elderly people who keep going to home games.

Well, nobody likes Cal, except the elderly people who keep going to home games.
All for show.Ive seen knitting being done,recipes being shared,cookies smuggled in just about anything to pass time by during a game.Now to be fair,it's mostly always during when a cupcake is in town.

This message board is a microcosm for BBN's outlook on Calipari. You can throw in the media as well.

I'd estimate that only about 10 to 15% of BBN has any definitive confidence left in Calipari. This year will be his last after it becomes clear we have another 20 to 24 win team. He'll escape off to the West Coast somewhere after he probably agrees to a buyout for about 20% of what UK owes him.

This message board is a microcosm for BBN's outlook on Calipari. You can throw in the media as well.

I'd estimate that only about 10 to 15% of BBN has any definitive confidence left in Calipari. This year will be his last after it becomes clear we have another 20 to 24 win team. He'll escape off to the West Coast somewhere after he probably agrees to a buyout for about 20% of what UK owes him.
So be it.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
People talk about what a great coach Bill Self is. He is a very good coach, to be sure. But the biggest difference between him and Cal is the media likes him and the referees like him. Neither of those groups like Cal, and I’m sorry, but that matters. A LOT.

I think that made a HUGE difference when Cal was actually still a good coach. I think it would make a difference now but Self would still coach circles around Cal, as he has been recently.

I agree, but it’s hard to take anything from that show overly serious because everyone on there hates cal and Kentucky a lot

I don’t think so. Goodman has made amends with Cal. Before last season he was really high on us and after a game even said Cal approached him as they were walking out to the team bus after a loss. He’s just being honest at this point. I think one of them, maybe fanta, is a UK fan. And Dauster has always come off as pretty fair.

Again, something ain’t quite right and everyone is starting to notice. We should not be at 7 scholarship players in late may. That is a BAD strategy. And it’s obvious to anyone with a brain.

Right now...what players are in the transfer portal better than Reeves, Livingston, and Oscar? Are we in hedge mode right now...settling for bodies because of a fear of not getting the three back?

Calipari pursued HD and missed. He pursued KJ and missed. Most likely because of the shadow of the three. Maybe I criticize him for not making HD and KJ a priority over Oscar and Chris. But, there are no players I would rather have right now in the portal than the three. I'm fine with being patient.

It's like day 74 of me checking the site and scrolling to find the good news but another day and no good news. Still just the 7 and we play games in like 6 weeks.

Cow's ready to roll with his 7.

Chris Pratt Movie GIF by The Magnificent Seven

Right now...what players are in the transfer portal better than Reeves, Livingston, and Oscar? Are we in hedge mode right now...settling for bodies because of a fear of not getting the three back?

Calipari pursued HD and missed. He pursued KJ and missed. Most likely because of the shadow of the three. Maybe I criticize him for not making HD and KJ a priority over Oscar and Chris. But, there are no players I would rather have right now in the portal than the three. I'm fine with being patient.

There are tons of players i’d rather have than Chris and there have been tons of players i’d rather have than Reeves and i like Reeves. I think we’re fine at center no matter what Oscar does. We need more guys that can play the 4.

I don’t think so. Goodman has made amends with Cal. Before last season he was really high on us and after a game even said Cal approached him as they were walking out to the team bus after a loss. He’s just being honest at this point. I think one of them, maybe fanta, is a UK fan. And Dauster has always come off as pretty fair.

Again, something ain’t quite right and everyone is starting to notice. We should not be at 7 scholarship players in late may. That is a BAD strategy. And it’s obvious to anyone with a brain.
The program isn’t in a good spot for sure, but Goodman still takes as many shots as he can at Kentucky whenever he can

Fine at center?Ugo is all we got.
There are still options in the portal..Olivier Nkamhoua,Julian Phillips.Connor Vanover.Ernest Udeh and possibly Grant Nelson are available for bigs...Tyler Burton,Tyrin Lawrence,Cam Spencer and Ray Dennis are available for the guard small forward spots if we are looking...I'd love to get Nelson but Nkamhoua is one I'd go get for sure to help at the 4 spot.We have to have help.It may not be what we want but we need players to help the freshmen.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
I think his ego won't allow him to walk from the money, and so he's TRYING to get fired.
You post some of the most ridiculous nonsense on this board. The man would not have signed the #1 recruiting class if he is trying to get fired. There is still time for him to sign the few role players we need. You can go kick rocks with your nonsense.

There is no reason to call out someone like that .

Right, @westerncat? Especially a lady, and one dealing with health issues at that.

But it’s like George MacDonald wrote:

”A man sees a man where a shadow sees only a shadow.”

Fine at center?Ugo is all we got.

Okay fine is a reach. I guess i’m just intrigued by Ugo’s potential. I think with enough reps over the summer with the first team he can adequately fill that role. Especially with an off season of working with Antigua who has proven to be outstanding at developing big man talents.

Maybe in the menority on this but i’d be fine with rolling with Ugo and Bradshaw at center.

What I hate is that we have not prioritized the 4 spot at all. That tells me Cal is planning to play Bradshaw there until the kids legs fall off to appease Klutch.

Damn we can’t move on from Cal fast enough.

Only thing I'm certain of is that UK will eventually field a team.... other than that who the hell knows what's going on.

I'm half convinced some of the guys on this board will make the roster.

^^^. Then what you are saying is that Cal is bigger than Kentucky basketball

Those who believe that are loyalty to Cal only, that is clear

I’m for Kentucky
I think in his own mind, yes. He thinks he is bigger than Kentucky bb.

Hahaha!!

Look at the haters now. Where's dufuschester? Goodman was Goodman then and Goodman now. Good thing Cal didn't know what he was doing. Luck doesn't happen in a vacuum. And the CHC still can't count.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D and 59coop
Hahaha!!

Look at the haters now. Where's dufuschester? Goodman was Goodman then and Goodman now. Good thing Cal didn't know what he was doing. Luck doesn't happen in a vacuum. And the CHC still can't count.

They were right. That said kudos to cal for finally hiring someone to help with offense. My what a difference that made

Reactions: Mike-D and NociHTTP
Hahaha!!

I love it! Cal has shut all the nonsense down! He’s shown that he does actually still know a little something!

Reactions: 59coop
Let’s slow our roll, La Familia. It’s December 27th. We’re still fresh off losses to UNC-Wilmington, K-State, St. Peter’s, and a 9-16 season.

Reactions: Montana81
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT