ADVERTISEMENT

“I don’t know what Kentucky is doing.” - Dauster

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK fans and Rob Dauster
Spider_Man_meme.jpg

Everyone is calling it out. Cal seems to have lost his mind.

I remember when the media jumped down our throats for wanting to move on from Tubby back in the day. That’s because they liked Tubby.

We’re not hearing the same about Calipari. No love lost between the media and Cal. Outside of Decourcey, who is and always has been an obvious Calipari stan as they’re both from the Pittsburgh area, I don’t think we’d get much heat or backlash from the media if we parted ways with Cal today. I think they’d spend more time and print pointing out all the reasons why it was time to move on. Things we’ve been talking about as problems for years now.

What gets me with all this, is how some posters call out fans for questioning all this by saying we are not real fans.
You see sport writers and blog writers on a daily basis talking about the situation at Kentucky and asking the same thing, "what are they doing".
On one hand I feel UK owes no one an explanation on their plans but on the other hand, as sensible person would want to ensure its fans after a couple years of drama and losing, they got this under control.

We see none of that. More drama and head scratching.
A leader is only as strong as its followers belief in them.

Last edited:
Everyone is calling it out. Cal seems to have lost his mind.

I remember when the media jumped down our throats for wanting to move on from Tubby back in the day. That’s because they liked Tubby.

We’re not hearing the same about Calipari. No love lost between the media and Cal. Outside of Decourcey, who is and always has been an obvious Calipari stan as they’re both from the Pittsburgh area, I don’t think we’d get much heat or backlash from the media if we parted ways with Cal today. I think they’d spend more time and print pointing out all the reasons why it was time to move on. Things we’ve been talking about as problems for years now.

People talk about what a great coach Bill Self is. He is a very good coach, to be sure. But the biggest difference between him and Cal is the media likes him and the referees like him. Neither of those groups like Cal, and I’m sorry, but that matters. A LOT.

We are quickly becoming a Nebraska with irreparable damage and Cal doesn’t care. He wants another big draft day for these freshmen.

Give me a break. We have had plenty of bad streches in our history and always bounce back.

We are winning a national title on average of 1 every 16 years the past 65 years so obviously the next coach will win one between 2026 to 2030 range probably.

I would bet any amount of money that Calipari has players lined up to get on June 1 depending on the decisions of Reeves and Oscar.
Exactly, Hes at the cutting edge of this new era as always. Forget that he has the #1 recruiting class coming in and Ugonna and Thiero, he is being patient and will fill out this roster and make all the hand wringing look silly.
And in honor of the 5th lowest payroll contenders I give you:

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
I would bet any amount of money that Calipari has players lined up to get on June 1 depending on the decisions of Reeves and Oscar.
I bet it’s the opposite, he may have players he wants but If he isn’t willing to play the NIL game he isn’t getting anybody, and if he can’t convince them that the freshman aren’t already starting then he isn’t getting anybody

I think his ego won't allow him to walk from the money, and so he's TRYING to get fired.
You post some of the most ridiculous nonsense on this board. The man would not have signed the #1 recruiting class if he is trying to get fired. There is still time for him to sign the few role players we need. You can go kick rocks with your nonsense.

Goodman said it all early on . . . Cal didnt plan any of this and it isnt his strategy to go young. His problem is he is just flat missing on guys and losing them to other places and that includes current players. You could tell this past year that Cal is almost trying too hard to be a "players coach" and fawning all over these guys with sweetness to try and build relationships with them to make them stay, but its just not working and I think its not personal to him, its just his STYLE OF PLAY that runs them off or keeps new ones away.

They just dont want to play that kind of offense or be in a system that has no free flowing freedom to it. And I think the way Cal is all over the place with rotations and substitutions doesnt help either. They like him but dont like his coaching style anymore and that is what he is fighting EVEN AT UK.

What gets me with all this, is how some posters call out fans for questioning all this by saying we are not real fans.
You see sport writers and blog writers on a daily basis talking about the situation at Kentucky and asking the same thing, "what are they doing".
On one hand I feel UK owes no one an explanation on their plans but on the other hand, as sensible person would want to ensure its fans after a couple years of drama and losing, they got this under control.

Cal has risen above having to explain his actions to anyone. Don't you know he has a lifetime contract after all.

That's why your not the coach

I just don’t understand the lack of evolution and innovation from a person who for the majority of their career has been on the bleeding edge of College Athletics. Look at our peers….
(1) Duke - appoints a General Manager position for the basketball program.
(2) Kansas- embraces full NIL “guaranteed” contracts to sign the top players. Also will be cutthroat in the portal era and pull scholarships from active players to make room for better players.
(3) Villanova- arguably the first to embrace the modern offensive era with a reliance on shooting and the 3 point shot.

Kentucky needs to embrace all three of these things to varying degrees but we are lagging farrrrrrrrrrrrr behind and the evolution of college basketball is leaving us behind.

Drinking the Cal-aid
Better than Haterade!!

As for Douchester, I don't know who he is so that makes us even. Wonder how many college games that dude has won? If it's more than 800 then Cal should pay a little attention to him. If it's like 800 less than that he shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT