ADVERTISEMENT

You can have Joe Lunardi, KenPom and all the rest, I know what the eye test tells me

I agree with you; when we play our A game, we can play with any team I have seen so far.
This UK team has areas that need improvement but what team doesn't?
If UK were firing on all cylinders, then people would be asking if we peaked too early.

As long as we continue to improve in all areas, having the guard play we have, I like our chances.

What my eyes have seen is an offensive juggernaut in the making. There skill be a night or two in SEC play when everyone is clicking and we will drop 120 points on their heads. Defensively we only need to improve three baskets a game. Whether from rebounding, blocked shots, steals or a hand in the face that is doable by this team.

Reactions: downthehatch
I think Edwards could really help us with rebounding, he just has to have the want to. We need him to become the player that does the dirty work. I would make him watch nonstop footage of MKG.
He’s not bad on the offensive glass. But doesn’t do much on the defensive glass.

I think Edwards could really help us with rebounding, he just has to have the want to. We need him to become the player that does the dirty work. I would make him watch nonstop footage of MKG.
It would be nice if he would take on Adou’s mentality. Dunk everything, and rebound like a mad man. I hope he returns next year and puts on the muscle he needs to be successful at this level, along with tightening up his handle and jumper.

It would be nice if he would take on Adou’s mentality. Dunk everything, and rebound like a mad man. I hope he returns next year and puts on the muscle he needs to be successful at this level, along with tightening up his handle and jumper.
This. I've been watching some of our earlier games from this season and Adou blocked shots like crazy among what you pointed out. His physicality and athleticism is insane. We need him healthy. If we could get Edwards going like that then we're winning #9.

Reactions: Fox2monk

Or Cal could just play the guy who is deserving of the minutes (Adou) and park Justin’s ass on the bench until he decides he’s gonna bring it every night.

And yeah I know Adou is hurt right now. I’m talking about before that happened.

This. I've been watching some of our earlier games from this season and Adou blocked shots like crazy among what you pointed out. His physicality and athleticism is insane. We need him healthy. If we could get Edwards going like that then we're winning #9.
I think Cal knows this as well, which is why he is trying very hard to get him going.

Reactions: michaeluk26
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT